Back to Boarding School! (Book 3)

Back to Boarding School! (Prt.1)

“Really?” Parker said in a bored tone.

“What!” I said offended, “What’s wrong with Colorado!”

“Nothing,” He said eyeing me.

“Just as long as you love the snow and freezing weather,” He said giving me a knowing look. He knew very well I was a freeze baby; and by freeze baby I mean I use a heater even in the summer, but shouldn’t me being a vampire now stop that? Wouldn’t I just be cold all the time?

“We’re not numb Lily,” He said reading my mind.

“Whatever!” I said stubbornly, while crossing my arms and sticking my tongue out at him.

“Stick your tongue out again and you’ll lose it,” He said raising an eyebrow at me, daring me to do it again.

Of course, me being the little kid I was did it again, only this time longer. I smirked when he didn’t do anything. He always said empty threats. Then, within a blink of an eye, he grabbed me and shoved me into a wall, hard enough for it to hurt and show authority, but not hard enough for me to be scared of him.

“Wow, you’re strong!” I said overly exaggerated while rolling my eyes at him.

He scuffed, ‘You don’t want me to hurt you.” He growled low into my ear.

I shoved him away from him, knowing he’d back up. “I’m serious about this Parker.” I said still wanting to talk about Colorado.

We couldn’t stay in England anymore, I didn’t feel safe. Even with Tristan off our backs I still felt uneasy. Plus, I never really did get to finish or even start boarding school that much. My year was ruined by Tristan AND Parker! I wanted to finish school and he knew that. Plus, Colorado had one of the most pristine boarding schools for vampires. Vampires, right? Since I am one now it’s the only option I’ve got left.

“Why Colorado!” He whined like a baby. I knew he didn’t want to go, it was cold and dark and well everything a vampire’s supposed to be.

“Because it’s a good school!” I said pushing it.

“What about Florida or New Mexico, or somewhere hot?” He protested.

I sighed trying to rattle my brain for some possible way to convince him. He really didn’t know how important this was to me. Deep down I didn’t want to go to Colorado either, and I think he knew that. The only thing drawing me there is Professor Haines. He’s the genetics teacher there. I know what you’re thinking, Genetics Lily, really? I’m not one who’s too keen on science either, but I was researching and found on article on him about how he believes with proper lab equipment and a little time he could actually alter ones genetic mutation in such a way to make them human again.

I would never tell Parker this, but I never wanted to be a vampire, even from the start. The whole drinking blood and heighten scenes was something that just didn’t interest me. I tried to tune it all out and stay as normal as possible, that is, normal for me. Parker had to practically shove blood down my throat every time he thought I was ‘getting weak.’

So, Colorado was my only option. I would get to finish school and talk with Mr. Haines. Who knows, maybe he’d even be able to cure me and Parker! That is, if he didn’t want to be a vampire anymore, I didn’t want to ask either. If I asked and he said no, it would crush me, so I thought it best to just take things as they come.

“You know,” Parker said taking a step closer. “Lynn wouldn’t be able to come. She isn’t a vampire and after what happened to you I don’t think any school would accept a human.”

“I know,” I said sighing. Leaving Lynn would be one of the hardest things to do. How do you say goodbye to your best friend? In the end though, it would be worth it, and it wasn’t like I would never see her again.

“Justin and Lynn are like a Package deal too,” He said making me feel even guiltier.

“I know, I know!” I said glaring at him. Didn’t he get this was hard for me? Didn’t he understand that I wouldn’t have to go through all of this if it wasn’t for him?

“But,” He said closing the gap between us.

“The less people with us,” He began, whispering in my ear.

“The more alone time we’ll have,” He murmured into my neck, his breath hot against my skin.

If this didn’t stop soon I’d cave and he’d win, like always.

“Alone time for what?” Jake asked barging into Parker’s room.

Parker took a step back from me before glaring at him.

“None of your business, now if you’d excuse us, we were in the middle of something.” He said grabbing Jake’s arm and walking him to the door.

“You weren’t interrupting!” I said to Jake walking towards him.

“We were just talking about how we’re going to start school again in a couple of weeks,” I said smiling.

“Sweet, where at?” He asked smiling.

“Colorado,” Parker hissed.

“What?” Jake said looking at me flabbergasted.

I shrugged sheepishly while giving him a pleading look to come with us.

“Right,” Parker said standing up.

“Once you two are done crying over the move come find me Lily.” He said annoyed. He was just anger because Jake interrupted what he thought was going to be some sort of hot make out session.

“Come with us!” I said turning my attention back to Jake.

“Please!” I said grabbing his arm desperately.

“Is Justin going with Lynn?” He asked skeptically.

“Probably not,” I muttered knowing he hear me.

He pursed his lips for a second, looking to be in deep thought.

“Oh,” He said understanding

“Why?” He asked suddenly.

“Why what?” I asked confused.

“Why should I go?” He asked looking at me attentively.

He was right, why should he go? There was nothing Colorado could offer Jake and it was cold and wet and rainy and everything every normal person hated. I opened my mouth to offer Jake a logical reason, but quickly shut it, thinking of none.

Finally I spoke up saying “Because I want you there, because I want you there with me Jake, and maybe that’s not enough for you and I understand if you don’t want to go, but it’s the best I can do.”

He looked at me curiously for a second, not saying anything.

“Well at least I tried,” I muttered looking down.

“I’ll go.” He finally said pushing my chin up to look into his eyes.

“Thank you!” I said happily while wrapping my arms around him. At least now I’d have one of my friends with me.