Senseless.

If You Believe In Me.

"Kiss me," she said.

Jaime licked his lips nervously as he stared into the mischievous cerulean blue eyes of his best friend.

"Dani, I don't think this is a good-"

"Come on Jaime, you're my best friend. I don't know who else to do this with, all the other boys around here are douchebags and it’s not like we actually have feelings for each other," Danielle cut him off before he could finish protesting.

If only Danielle knew how wrong she was. Jaime did have feelings for her, he's been in love with her since he met her all those years ago back in 1st grade when he helped her up after she fell from the monkey bars. Now they were both 17 and have been best friends ever since, little did she know that his kiddie crush back then had grown into teenage love. Jaime had never done anything with a girl before. He was always saving himself for Danielle. He wanted her to be his first kiss, his first girlfriend; his first everything.

Now was his chance. He knew Dani had been saving her first kiss for that one special guy but she had never been able to find one. He could tell she was growing impatient so when she asked him to kiss her, he shouldn't have been as surprised as he was. He was a nervous wreck and his palms were starting to sweat profusely. He never thought that she’d actually ask him to do it.

"Alright Dani, this was your idea," he reluctantly agreed.

She squealed and threw herself onto him into a hug and said, "You're the greatest best friend ever!"

"Yeah, I know but, if we're gonna do this we have to do it my way," he ordered half-heartedly. She nodded in agreement and he nervously cleared his throat, his short-lived moment of confidence gone. "Now close your eyes."

He watched as she sat cross-legged in front of him with her beautiful eyes shut behind her eyelids. He could tell she was looking around behind them but he began to relax without being under the scrutiny of her eyes. Jaime leaned forward as close to her face as he could get without touching her. He scanned her facial features up close, taking in her natural beauty since she didn’t have any make up on her face. He preferred her without it anyways.
He was trying to steady his breathing even though his heart was beating faster than he ever thought possible. He licked his lips one last time and closed his eyes before pecking her lips, but he couldn’t just peck her lips. He delved back in and pressed his lips more firmly against hers and was surprised when she kissed him back with the same urgency. Her plump, soft lips tasted like sweet mint. He had countless dreams about one day kissing these very lips and they were nothing like he imagined in his dreams. They were more. They were real. Jaime felt her hands going from up the base of his neck into his hair and he shuddered from the pleasure. As Danielle played in his hair, Jaime gained more confidence and began to pull her into his lap while wrapping his arms tightly around her back.

He knew that a lot of people say they feel sparks or butterflies in their stomach when they kiss someone they love but he never knew that those butterflies could make you feel sick to your stomach. It was like he was on a rollercoaster ride, dropping in from the highest point and rushing down to the bottom. His stomach was in knots, doing all kinds of flips and curls as he and Danielle kissed each other senselessly.

They had been kissing with closed lips for a while and not one of them had stopped to take a breath, each too absorbed into the new experience. But finally Dani pulled back from his lips gasping for air as she breathed heavily and rested her forehead against Jaime’s. With his eyes still closed, Jaime began to catch his breath as well but still never let go of his hold of her body. It felt so right to hold her close to him. He felt the sensation that she was looking at him and when he opened his eyes his suspicion was right. She was staring into his eyes and Jaime fell into their trance and pressed his lips to hers again.

He felt her lips tug into a smile as she pressed her weight into him and he fell back on the bed. At that moment, a loud crack of thunder sounded throughout the room and Danielle jumped and squeaked. They had completely forgotten the storm going on outside the house during their kiss. Her lips left his as she squeaked and rolled off of him to lay beside him. Jaime brought his hands up to his eyes and wiped them while chuckling to himself.

“You know that your fear of thunder is completely irrational, right?” Jaime teased as he looked at her.

“Shut up, all right!” she giggled, flipping herself over to bury her head into his pillow.

“It’s only the lightening you truly have to worry about. Now that could kill you,” he smirked.

“Its just so..loud. It makes me feel like nature’s yelling at me. The kind of yelling that your parent’s do when you get in deep trouble,” she whispered.

Jaime knew what Danielle meant. She never had a good relationship with her alcoholic father who always ended up yelling at her. It was never the thunder itself, it was volume of loudness it had which frightened her. Jaime laid on his side and pulled Danielle so she was facing him.

“You know I’ll protect you right? I’m always here for you, Dani,” he said seriously.

She gave Jaime a small smile and leaned forward to peck his lips. “I know you are, Jaime. You’ve been my best friend for years. Always there with me through the good and the bad. When I’m sick as a dog or whether I’m screaming out of anger like a banshee. Or when I’m crying rivers and not making any sense. I never want anything to come between us to stop being friends, you hear me? I’d rather die than be without you. I love you, Jaime, and thank you for being there.”

Jaime felt his throat closing in on him as he took in her words. Even though it sounded like she was reciting wedding vows to him, she rarely ever had those moments when she felt the need to tell him how much she appreciated him. He loved Danielle with all his heart, he only wished that she loved him the same way.

“You’re always welcome. You know you don’t have to worry about anything like that. I’d never leave your side unless you wanted me to.”

“Good,” she nodded shortly. She sat up in his bed and stared at him.

“What?” he asked, feeling uncomfortable from her gaze.

“Well, we just sat her kissing and sharing our feelings for one another and you still haven’t asked me out yet,” she laughed.

“But I-..and you-..-we,” he stammered.

“Oh come on, babe. Do you really think I didn’t know you liked me? You were never good at hiding it,” she smirked.

Jaime blushed and smiled sheepishly before pulling Dani back down and tickling her. She knew all along and now, when they were almost out of high school, she chose to make a move!

“You are so mean! Making me wait almost 10 years! That’s a new low, even for you,” Jaime glared playfully.

“Hey! You could’ve made a move anytime you wanted to in all those years, mister! This isn’t all my fault!” Danielle said through her wild laughter.

When Jaime finally stopped tickling her and Danielle finally caught her breath once more. Jaime grabbed her hands and looked her directly in the eye with a smile on his face and asked, “Danielle, will you finally be my girlfriend after making me wait almost 10 years of my life?”

Dani chuckled and with her eyes gleaming brightly, said “Yes.”

Jaime and Danielle disregarded the storm raging outside once more as they fell back onto his bed, indulging in the throes of their blossoming love.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's it Guys & Dolls! Thanks for Reading! c:
Jamy Jam. xxxx