Status: foREVer

Scream

Drowning Lessons

Music filled my ears as we ate. The girls talked a lot more than the guys and I was getting slightly annoyed of writing and eating.

“Okay girls I think it’s hard for Jace to eat and write…” Shadows hinted and the girls grumbled but agreed.

I liked him; he acted like a protective older brother; all the other guys were the same way in such a short period of time.

I smiled at him before taking another bite of my burger.

“I still can’t believe short shit gave birth to you,” I cocked a brow at Zacky.

“Umm Zacky I’m pretty sure girls give birth,” Brian smiled.

“Exactly… you think Johnny’s a man?” Everyone laughed at my father’s expense except me and Johnny.

“Fuck you Zacky,” Johnny hissed annoyed.

“Calm down gnome,” he smirked and Johnny’s face grew red.

He looked ready to launch at him any minute and Zacky didn’t care; finding the whole thing amusing. Fear set in; what would happen when my dad got mad? Why was Zacky being an ass? I don’t like seeing my dad getting picked on.

I looked down at my plate and saw my potato salad and I quickly scooping up a spoonful.

“You know what Zacky how about you-“ Johnny cut off as I tossed a spoonful of food at Zacky.

It landed in the middle of his eyes and everyone froze. He let out a grunt of disgust and whipped his face and I expected him to glare but instead he just looked confused.

“Why’d you do that?” he asked and I blushed while opening my notebook.

I don’t like you making fun Johnny.

Max read it out loud beside me and Johnny smiled.

“Oh,” Jimmy said. “So the little gnomes are ganging up on us eh?” Johnny and I cocked a brow at him.

“Yeah… I think we should put them in their place.” Zacky smirked.

My eyes widened as both males stood. Before I could react Jimmy had Johnny and Zacky had me. I opened my mouth but nothing came out. I squirmed; in his arms hoping he would drop me and I could run away from him. Fear flowed through me but I couldn’t do anything about it.

Zacky don’t please. Everyone watched the scene while laughing as we neared the pool. Jimmy tossed Johnny in and panic set in making me thrash around harder. I clung to Zacky as best as I could as he started to move me in his arms.

He stopped at the edge and easily shoved me away from his body. I sucked in a deep breath before my body collided with the deep water. Once in I thrashed around in panic trying to get my body back up to the top. My lungs started to burn as my air ran out.

I continued to thrash even as my vision grew dark around the corners. The water thrashed around more as someone jumped in after me. I felt hands snake around my waist and my body got pulled towards the top.

As soon as the sun hit my face I gasped for air only to cough up a bit of water. When I controlled my breathing to where it was back to normal my back hit the pavement as someone placed me down. I blinked and looked up to find who had pulled me from a drowning death.