Status: foREVer

Scream

Max

Max’s POV

As soon as I heard the door slam from her sudden exit I raced after her before I could hear anything said from my parents or grandparents.

I raced into the warm California air and paused for a moment examining my surroundings. I seen Jasey’s wavy red hair bouncing slightly as she ran down the sidewalk; with a groan I raced after her.

“Jasey!” I tried but she ignored my cry and kept running.

I did the same refusing to leave her.

My chest raised and fell from the sudden exercise and my side stung painfully after a few minutes. I thought of stopping but my feet wouldn’t let me. Finally just when I thought my body would collapse beneath me she started to slow and I quickly caught up to her; reaching out my hand grasped at her arm and she came to a stop once I pulled her to one.

I doubled over in pain from all the running and moved the other hand to my chest as I kept the other tightly locked onto her upper arm. My chest heaved up and down as my lungs burned from all the air. Finally after composing myself I stood up and looked at her.

Her hair covered her face and she stared at the ground on the other side of her; away from me. With a sigh I slowly released her and moved me hand to her hair; slowly I brushed it from her face like she had done to mine and I see the normally hazel eyes are now red. Her cheeks were wet with tears and I instantly sighed.

“Come ‘ere,” my voice came out gruff from the running and I pulled her into a hug that I had yet to receive.

Her body went tense but then she finally allowed herself to soften into me. Her skinny arms wrapped around my torso and she squeezed lightly back. We remained like that for a while, the only noise coming from us with my light breathing and her soft sniffles.

After a moment I lightly nudged her.

“We have to go back,” I sighed sadly and she looked up at me fearfully.

“Uncle Johnny won’t reject you,” I tried to reason.

There was a question in her eyes.

“I promise.” She looked shocked for a bit but nodded.

We let go of each other and started to walk back to Grandma Linda’s house. When the home came into view I saw Uncle Johnny’s SUV in the driveway. Jasey stopped and looked up at me with another question in her eyes for me to answer.

I simply nodded and she looked like she was about to cry again. I grabbed her hand and gave it a light squeeze.

“Come on,” I whispered before turning towards the house.

“Let’s go see your dad.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Johnny will be in the next one. don't hate me when he comes in :3

I love this chapter bcuz I love Max's character and I love writting the relationship between them. Its kinda of a really close brother and sister thign even if they just met :P
Comment and subscribe
-Neche