Sequel: Notbroken
Status: on to the sequel :)

A spotlight of my own

2010 NHL awards prt-1

Bobby was waiting for me outside the airport leaning against his black camaro smiling at me. We both picked up our paces when our eyes met and melted into each other in the middle of the sidewalk. He pulled me into a tight hug and kissed the crown of my head, I looked up into his eyes and smiled back.

“Shauna…” Bobby whispered into my ear while slinking his arms around my waist, “I’ve missed you babe.”

I kissed him again, picked up my luggage and book bag before replying in a joking manner, “Yeah well I haven’t missed you.” I winked and he opened my door shaking his head, still with his adorable smile and climbed into the drivers seat.

Bobby and I talked about the last 2 and ½ weeks, the Chicago game and other small things on the 10 minute ride form the Vegas airport to The Palms. It was only 11am so the strip didn’t look as magnificent as it would from our hotel room. Bobby had checked in yesterday and was given the best suite in The Palms out of luck. The Palms staff randomly decided which NHLers stayed in what room and it just so happened he got the Playboy/Hugh Hefner Sky Villa.

The moment we walked into the lobby I felt his cold eyes lay on me. I shook my head and met his gaze, Milan Lucic and his posse, which was the Bruins and a two blonde bimbos were all looking at me like I was nothing. I kept walking, keeping pace with Bobby until we reached the elevator. It seemed to take forever for the thing to come, finally, after Bobby had introduced me to four NHLers the elevator arrived. We took it all the way up , thankfully we were alone so I dropped my bags and swung my body into his. He kissed my neck as I ruffled with his hair and his hands rubbed up and down the small of my back, we obviously hadn’t missed a beat those 2 and ½ weeks.

A ding went off signaling the elavator had stopped and I picked up my stuff while Bobby led the way. I was in ‘awh’ the moment I looked around. I can’t even describe what it looked like, it was more then just a hotel suite, not only did it have a kitchen, living room, stairs up to the next level but it also had the outside pool that hung off the room over looking the strip.

“Like it?” Bobby asked as he picked up my bags and started walking toward the stairs, “Come on, the upstairs is better.”

I followed him up the spiral stairs to the next floor. It was even more magnificent then the other, two of the walls were all glass facing out into the strip while the other looked out into the mountains.

“Wow” was all I could muster. Bobby came up behind me, wrapped his arms around me and put his head in the crook of my neck.

“I’m so happy you’re here…with me.” He spun me around and lifted me up so that I could wrap my legs around his waist.

“I’m so happy you invited me.” He brought me over to the bed and dropped down. His body enclosed on me sending a heat wave through my body. I met his lips and gripped my hands onto his back. We kissed until I heard my phone go off.

We headed downstairs later that Tuesday night, after watching TV and laughing at reality stars for 4 hours, to get dinner with Bobby’s teammates that were also here for the awards. I had changed from my airport attire to a one shoulder blue top, white skinny jeans, blue flips flops, my snake ring and blue hoop earrings. Pat had texted me earlier saying that his team was in Vegas and we’d meet up that night. Bobby didn’t seem to care when I told him I wanted us all to hangout, Hopefully Jon wouldn’t go over-protective brother on me.

Bobby and I shared a steak, he got a beer while I stayed with my glass of water. It was 10 by the time we finished and NHLers were starting to really pour in.

“Wanna go meet up with your boys?” Bobby winked at me and handed the waitress the tab.

“hmmmm, Sure.” I stood up while Bobby pushed in his chair, pushed mine in and wrapped his arms around me.

“Or we could go back to the room?” He leaned down and kissed my neck, pulling me even closer to him. If I wasn’t in the mood to dance or anything I might of listened to his seductive purrs.

“Come on boy toy, lets go dance.”

He shook his head, laughed and lead me through the Palms to their indoor club. Bobby showed the bouncer his NHL pass, seeing as though only NHL players could get into the club for the next 3 days, he had to have the pass. Pitbull’s ‘I Know You Want Me’ blasted through the club as Bobby found Getzlaf with his wife at a table. We sat with them for awhile, Getz, as I call him, and his wife talked to me about what it was like in California and small talk. Eventually Bobby led me away to the dance floor where we stayed till a bit after 2am.

The room was dark, cold and quite but outside was a ragging thunderstorm. Ever since I was little storm always scarred me to a point where I couldn’t be anywhere near a window or be able to hear it. Bobby realized I was getting tense as we walked up the stairs and picked me up bridal style.

“Don’t worry, I won’t let the storm get you,” He whispered as he set me down gently on the bed, I half-smiled at him and took off my flip flops, throwing them off near the window walls. It probably would have been better to sleep in the living room that only had one window wall facing the storm but at this point I was too tired to move and Bobby was closing the blinds. I scrambled underneath the covers and romed every inch of my clothing except my bra and panties, I had only put on lip-gloss before heading out so I could just crawl into bed like I was doing.

“Need anything before I lay down babe?” Bobby asked while closing the last ceiling to floor blind. The storm had picked up a bit and thunder was getting even louder.

“Do you mind getting me a hair tie?” I spoke softly while quivering from fear of the storm.

“I do not,” He walked over and kissed my forehead before heading into the bathroom to fetch me a tie. 2 minutes later he was climbing into bed in boxers holding out the hair tie. I grabbed it and moved over giving him a quick peck on the cheek before pulling my hair into a ponytail. Minutes later Bobby was asleep and the storm was getting even louder so I moved closer and his arm instinctively wrapped around my shoulders and pulled me into his side. His head feel down on top of mine as I laid my hand on his abdominals and closed my eyes, bidding farewell to the harsh world that would change my life in the next month forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you subscribers & commentors! leave me suggestions! hope you all are loving this story :)