Status: I will be updating weekly give or take.

Rising Action

two

Language arts, 3rd peiod. Every thursday we have to write for 10 minutes about the prompt on the board. Today "What is your greates fear" is scratched on to the paper. The F in fear has been written over 3 times because the pen was running out of ink.

I have many fears. I am scared of spiders. I am scared of loosing friends. I am scared of confrontation. I am scared of people getting the wrong Idea about me. I am scared about a lot of different things.

I am scared of many things.

Of all my fears, the greatest is simply that these years in high school are truly the greatest. I am afraid that if my life were a movie then these moments would be a montage of clips from my life. Walking to school, walking back, walking with Gabby, eating ice cream, laughing, chatting, playing. Everything. I am scared that if my life were a story and we were splitting it into exposition, rising action, climax, falling action, and resolution that my life would be all exposition and part rising action. Nothing too exciting happening ever.

And I am scared that this is true.

I do not write this down for Ms. Douglas. I tell her I am scared of snakes because I do not like smiley things and I am scared they could strangle me.

"Hey Bri," I don't need to look up to know its Dexter.

"Yes?"

"What are you doing tonight?"

"Homework, I suppose. I think I will make myself some noodles for din, then go to sleep early." To be honest, I'd rather do this than see a movie, or whatever he is planning. Of Course I do need to branch out more and do more, I havn't been out too much lately. "What are you planning?"

"Alicia, Jake, and I are probably going to get sushi tonight. You're invited if you want."

The thing is, I do not like going out on Thursdays or Sundays. I have homework due, studying to do and after a long week I do not like to go out on Thursdays. I just don't. I also do not like sushi.

"I'll think about it," I say as indifferent as possible, but I know i come off as rude.

"You know, you don't have to go if you don't want to."

I also would love to make cookies with Abby. I love cookies and I havn't made them in a while.

"I've got 4th period with Alicia, I'll talk to her then. Is Tiffany going?"

"Maybe. I'll talk to her later."

My pen runs out of ink so I stop my paragraph mid-sentence.

The classroom is cold. Some wind is blowing through the windows, and the trees outside are swaying much more than usual. This is where I should be having an Epiphany. Maybe I will look down and my pen will be facing something a window, a door, a person. Maybe somebody will say something that will just click. Maybe not. Probably not.

"Hey, actually Dexter, I'll go." I say before I can stop my self.

But the thing is, I don't really want to stop my self anyways.
♠ ♠ ♠
Any comments are greatly appreciated.