Status: It's a Big Time Rush thing.

Touch of Your Hand

If you want it all, Lay it on the line.

It was difficult, now, to be at home and not with James. When he dropped me off two days ago, nothing even happened. We said our goodbyes and he hugged me goodnight. It was nothing more and nothing less. Even if I regretted having these feelings for him, I still wish he had kissed me. Even on the cheek would have been fine.

I felt a vibration next to me on my bed. I looked over to see that I had received a text.

Hey! What are you doing?

I smiled at the simple message James sent me.

Not much. Just reading. You?

At the studio. Bored. :(

Aw. I'm sorry.

Not your fault. :)

True but, I wish I was there and not home.

Well, you should be here.

Then?

I can't today. I'm sorry. Tomorrow?

Sure thing boo.

Haha! Talk to you later. I gotta sing!

K. Text me later!

OK.

Then that was it. It pretty much was the same thing. He was always at a studio doing something. Whether it be photo shoots, recording, or filming. He was a busy boy. And I was here, wondering how he could ever fit me in his schedule of fame.

I sighed and placed my book on the bed. I huffed off the bed and looked at myself in the mirror. I was dressed with no place to go which sucked. I blew out a breath and walked downstairs to find my aunt in the kitchen making lunch.

"Hello dear," her smile was wide, "still wearing those clothes, huh."

"Yes, I am," I leaned against the door.

"Would you like to change for lunch?"

"Why does it matter? I'll be home. It's not like I'll be embarrassing you in public," I rolled my eyes.

She sighed this time, "alright dear. Go get Aria for lunch then."

"Like she'll listen to me. Remember she's still pissed at me."

"Perhaps you should try to make her un-pissed at you."

I groaned, "Barb. I don't think anything will help. Not unless Carlos showed up to go to the park with Aria."

Just then the door bell rang. I sighed as I heaved off the door and answered the door. Not only was Carlos at the door, James was, too. My mouth literally dropped. Was this truly happening?

"Hey, Dani," James gave me a wide smile.

"James," I could still feel the shock.

"Are you going to invite us in?"

"Uh, yeah. Come on in."

"Who is it dear?" I heard my Aunt call from the kitchen.

"Uh," I tried to look for the words, "James and Carlos."

"Very funny," I heard her sarcasm. She walked into the room, "Oh, so not funny. Aria!"

"What?" she called sadly.

"Aria, come on down. There is a surprise here."

"I thought you were at the studio," I spoke to James.

"We were, but," he smiled, "I wanted to surprise you with my presence."

"How very narcissistic of you."

"Thank you," he put his arm around my shoulders.

"By the way I love the outfit," I smiled up at him.

"I thought you would," he pulled me closer to his side, "and love the new hair," I smiled.

I looked up at him and he looked at me. Before I knew it I heard a shrill scream from Aria. I smiled at my little cousin. She ran over to Carlos and jumped on him for a hug.

"Hey, Aria," Carlos hugged her, "I'm Carlos."

"I know who you are," her smile was big, "did you do this Dani?"

"Sure," I nodded.

"Yes, she did. She also wants us to go to the park and have a full day dedicated for you."

"Oh my gosh! You are the best cousin ever! I am so sorry for the past few days! I really am," she jumped on me now. Her hug was true and pure.

"Alright, let's go," Carlos grabbed Aria's hand and headed out.

"Well, how about you guys take something to eat. I made a few sandwiches," my Aunt rushed into the kitchen, "here," she came back with a bag, "there's also a few snacks and water. Have fun dear," she smiled at James then me.

I was about to head out with James but, my Aunt grabbed my arm.

"I'll be there in a second."

"He is a cutie. Not to mention famous," she smiled, "just be careful sweetheart. He looks like a heart-breaker."

"I know Barbara. Thank you," I gave her a hug and was off to the park.

James was driving while Aria was asking Carlos questions in the back seat. Her excitement was making me break out into a happy mood. I was sad that I wouldn't be able to see James but, he surprised me. I was glad he came for Aria.

"Thanks again James," I looked over at him.

He looked over for a quick second, "It's not a problem. This is another chance to get to know you."

I just nodded as I sat, quietly. The rest of the way to the park was filled with questions and laughter from Carlos and Aria. James and I sat on a bench while the other two played around the park.

I looked at Aria and wished I had the happiness she had when I was younger. I never had the chance to be a true kid. Moving around didn't give me much time to do anything but stay home and study. I had no friends nor many toys.

"So, Dani," James brought me out of my thoughts, "instead of going off in your mind how about you tell me what's on it," he looked at me with curiosity.

"Oh, nothing that important," I sat back in the bench.

James sighed as he put his arm around my shoulders again, "I think you should tell me anyway."

I sighed, staring at my hands, "I just wish I had a childhood worth remembering."

"Why? Did your parents not-"

"No, no," I looked at him, "I love my parents. I just moved around a lot. I never had time to do what a normal kid could do. I never made friends or had many toys. My parents were always busy and I didn't have anyone to be with other then a babysitter."

"Well, that's good. I mean not being alone but," he was lost for words and took his arm off me.

I smiled and grabbed his arm, wrapping it back around me and cuddled to his side, "it's not a big deal."

"Sorry, you make me nervous."

"Why would I make you nervous?"

"You're different then any other girl I've been with."

"I wish I could say the same thing. The only guy who liked me was seven years younger then I was," he looked at me, "I used to babysit him."

"Oh."

I grabbed the bag my Aunt had given me. I took out a turkey sandwich and offered half to James. He took it and took a bite. I did the same.

"Aria," I called after I swallowed, "time to eat."

She grabbed Carlos' hand and ran over. Her grin was one of the largest I've ever seen. She sat next to me and ate her peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Carlos took the other turkey and cheese. We all sat around the bench and laughed. The guys also treated us to dinner at a casual restaurant.

Soon and too soon for me, the day went by quickly. The sun was already starting to dip into the horizon.

"Okay Aria. It's time for you to go home," Carlos told her.

Her face fell, "Already?"

"I'm afraid so but, I promise to come over another time."

"Promise?" her face lifted.

"Promise," Carlos smiled.

With that we were off. Aria started to drift into sleep. Carlos carried her to her room and tucked her in. James and I waited in the living room.

"James," I turned to look at him, "this really means a lot to me," I gave him a hug.

"Anytime," he smirked.

Before I even knew it his lips met mine. It was a small peck but, worth it. I knew he wanted to take it slow and so did I. I was still wondering what we really were. He never truly asked me out on another date, nor did he ask me to be his girlfriend. So, I took the kiss innocently.

Carlos came down as soon as it was over. Then the two boys left after they said their goodbyes. And I walked up to my room in a slight daze.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts, comments?

Dani
James

X Dani