‹ Prequel: A Beautiful Mistake
Status: Finished

Priceless & Broken

Image
Aubrey thought her life was over. She's only eighteen and she's been pregnant; she's gotten married; and now, she's gone through a divorce. When Nick cheated, her whole world crumbled to pieces that could never be put back together. She left everything and everyone behind when she moved to Arizona to start a new life with Stormy. She's got some dirty secrets that she wants no one to find out about. What will happen when Stormy asks about her dad? Will Nick go against Aubrey's wishes and try to find them? Has Aubrey moved on to someone new? Some answers are priceless, but others will leave her broken.
  1. The Birthday Party
    "How's the birthday girl?" He questioned, kneeling down to Stormy's height.
  2. Back to L.A.
    After seven long hours on the road, we reached my parent's house. I had this feeling in the pit of my stomach, and I felt like I could throw up any second.
  3. The Fight
  4. Gone...For Good
    I was leaving L.A. for good. Arizona was now officially my home.
  5. It's Over
    "Aubrey, I'm not going to lie. I'm hurt -- I really am. I'm done here. And, I'm done with you. I no longer want anything to do with you!"
  6. The Wreck
    I felt the car spinning out of control. I heard the wheels screeching in protest. I threw my hands up in the air and screamed.
  7. Coming Home
    I got out of the car and slammed the door shut.
  8. Moving In
    I told him we were in the process of moving into our new house.
  9. Father Like Daughter
    "Stormy, this is your dad."
  10. Answers
    "I need answers, Joe. So don't tell me to stop." I raised my voice a little.
  11. Cold Goodbye
    And with that, I kissed those cold, sweet lips that I learned to love so many years ago.
  12. Whiskey Lullaby
    I picked the gun up that sat beside me and cocked it.