Sequel: C'est La Mort

Don't Tell Your Mom the Babysitter Was in My Bed

The Thing Is...

"Lacey, sweetheart, stop running." he told me, coming up behind me and grabbing my arm. 

"I have to!" I yelled, pulling away from him. I kept running, but he kept up with me effortlessly. 

"Why?" he questioned. It seemed more like a statement than a question, but I didn't care. 

"Because I don't know what else to do!" I called back, crying even harder. I hadn't even noticed that it had started raining within the short time we were in the gym. 

"I don't even know what just happened! Lacey, calm down! Tell me what happened in there!" he yelled before grabbing me and turning me around to face him. I tried to pull away like last time, but he held me still. He was just too strong and I couldn't run away anymore. Water poured down on us much like the tears pouring down from my eyes. 

"Matt, please just let go of me." I pleaded with him. He didn't listen, he just held me still. 

"I can't Lacey. Tell me what happened."

"My best friend is fucking my boyfriend! My boyfriend is cheating on me with my best friend!" I yelled and tried to pull away again. 

"Matt, I don't want you to see me like this! Just let me go." I told him as I cried even harder. 

"Sweetheart, I don't like to see you cry, but I won't let you run away." he told me sternly. I just looked down, still crying. I was cold from the rain, but I wasn't even concerned with that right now.

"Just go ahead and say it, Matt. Tell me 'I told you so'! You warned me and I didn't listen! Tell me that this is what I get!" I yelled. I may be sad and crying, but I'm pissed as hell. 

"I'm not saying that. Brendan is an asshole, Lacey. You don't deserve this! If it means anything, I was hoping that I was wrong about him." Matt told me, looking me in the eyes. 

"This always happens! Yeah, you all say the nicest things. 'You're so pretty', 'You're so funny', 'You're so great'. But no one wants to be with me! Tell me why, Matt! Tell me how the fuck I always go wrong and I'll fix it!" I yelled, crying hard still. 

"Lacey! You're asking the wrong person!" he yelled before pulling me closer to him. I didn't even time to breathe or register what was happening before his lips were on mine. It took me a minute, but finally i started kissing back. The kiss was soft, but also passionate and full of emotion. His lips glided over mine for what seemed like forever. Then, we both pulled away for air. I panted heavily with my eyes closed for a few seconds and before I knew it, his lips were back against mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck this time and pulled him closer while his hands moved from my shoulders to around my waist. I then felt him run his tongue along my bottom lip and I immediately granted his entrance. I smiled and giggled into the kiss when Matt's hand brushed up my side. This made Matt pull away. 

"Well, at least I made you laugh." he told me with a serious expression. 

"Sorry, I'm just a little ticklish." I told him with the smile still on my face. He smiled back at me. I could see child like excitement in his eyes, but then I was pulled back to reality. My smile quickly faded away. I wrapped my arms around myself to warm myself up. Matt had kept me warm in his embrace, but now I'm cold. I needed to get out of the rain and away from Matt. I seriously need to clear my head and think about what just happened and what will become of it. 

"Matt, can we just get out of here?" I asked him, feeling another warm tear stream down my face. I couldn't even look him in the eyes right now. He didn't say a word, he just turned around and started walking towards the car. He seems mad, I don't know why. 

The thing is, he's married, with a kid. The worst thing is, I think I'm starting to fall for him. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Short, I know. But I also know you love it and I know you've been waiting for that. Now talk! (preferably in the comments section).