Sequel: C'est La Mort

Don't Tell Your Mom the Babysitter Was in My Bed

Deal, I Love Cooking

"We'll have to go get you checked into a hotel. Val is home by now." Matt told me indifferently. Her name made me flinch, especially when I thought about the kiss that we shared just moments earlier. A kiss that made me feel butterflies in my stomach. 

"I think I need some time alone to...process everything and make some important decisions..." I told him. 

"Yeah. It seems like you always need time alone after we kiss. You always fuckin' run away." he spat at me. 

"Well, I'm sorry! I'm sorry I can't do everything you want me to! I'm sorry I can't make you happy! I'm sorry that I couldn't make Brendan happy! Apparently I couldn't make Vin happy either! Seems to be the story of my life lately, huh?" I spat. 

"Lacey, you just run away from every compromising situation, it doesn't solve anything! Sure, I'm married, and the fucking kid isn't even mine! But I really like you, Lacey! I really do!" he yelled at me. 

"I like you, too, Matt. But it doesn't matter because that's not enough. I know that you'll never leave Val, especially for someone you simply 'like a lot'. I don't expect you to, either."

"I really don't think we should talk about this now, Lacey. You're upset and we need to get to know each other better before we have this conversation." he told me with a sincere voice. I then sighed, releasing all of my anger. 

"You're right. Sorry I yelled." 

"Its cool."

"Good." I told him as we pulled into a hotel. I knew that it was fancy by looking at the outside of the place. I started to object, but I wasn't in the position to do that. I can't go home and I'm running low on money since I won't get payed until next week. 

I was a little confused when he pulled around the back of the hotel. I gave him a quizzical look. 

"People envy me because I have fame and money, but at least they can walk in the front doors of a hotel without getting photographed by paparazzi." he explained. 

"Ohhh." I said, pursing my lips. 

"It'd make it worse if they saw me with a beautiful woman." he told me with a smirk. I smiled sweetly when I realized that he was complimenting me. I then decided to turn it around on him. 

"Good thing you're not with a beautiful woman, then." I said, pursing my lips and raising my eyebrows. 

"You're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen, Lacey." he told me with a look of seriousness on his face. I was thoroughly convinced.  I reached over and took his tattooed hand in mine. He then smiled at me as I leaned over and kissed his cheek. He leaned into my kiss and closed his eyes, which made my heart flutter. The little things like that make him more and more attractive to me. I was so allured by this. I leaned my head on his shoulder and sighed. 

"Matt." I whispered his name. 

"Yeah?" he asked me in a raspy voice. 

"Can you stay a while before you go?" I asked him, making him chuckle. He patted my back and opened his car door. 

"Come on. Let's get you in here." he said, getting out of the car and expecting me to follow. I did just that. He walked far away from me on the way in. 

"When you get in, go to the top floor and wait on me. I'll get the room. No one can see us together. Pretend that you don't even know me." he ordered me, walking swiftly. I followed his orders wonderfully. I didn't even so much as glance his way as I entered the building. Finally, I found myself on the top floor waiting for Matt. I didn't even turn around when I heard the elevator ding because I knew that it was Matt. Before I knew it, Matt was pulling me to him and kissing my cheek. I giggled a little and smiled sweetly. He smiled back at me. He then held the key card up for me to see. 

"Follow the sexy man!" he joked. I giggled a little and turned around and started walking in the opposite direction. I couldn't resist. 

"Lacey! I meant me!" he yelled, coming after me and grabbing my hand. He pulled me in the direction of the room. 

"I know, Matt. I was just messin' with ya."

He unlocked the door and let me in. I gasped when I saw the room. It was decorated in red and white and everything was fancy. 

"Presidential Suite." he told me after he heard me gasp. 

"Wow." was all I could say. I would normally complain that I didn't need something so fancy, but I was more happy that he was helping me out. 

"There's a hot tub on the balcony." 

"Hmph." I nodded my head. 

"This is where I stay when Val kicks me out." 

"But you bought the house, didn't you?" I asked him, putting my stuff down and sitting on the red and white bed. 

"I did. I would rather leave than hear her bitchy mouth, though. I'd never make her leave unless we ever divorced." I didn't know what to say to this, so I just nodded and looked away. 

"How will you get home? I can always drop you off at your house." I asked him, finally looking at him. 

"That will look suspicious. Val isn't the jealous type, but it would still look bad. I'll take a cab." 

"You're right." 

I then thought of Brendan and the horrible thing that Amber did. I sighed and lied down on the bed. 

"Lay with me." I told Matt, patting the space beside of me. He nodded and did as I told him. 

"I can't believe that Amber would do that to me. She's my friend!" I complained. I feel like I need a drink.  I still feel a little hungover, but I don't give a shit. 

"She's not your friend. Friends don't do shit like that to each other." I nodded and slowly looked over at him. 

"You're right. But still." he just sighed and closed his eyes. It was silent for a moment before I spoke again. 

"I can't go back there. I can't stay with her and look at her every day." I said before grabbing a pillow and smashing it against my face. I actually want to smother myself...but not literally. I'm not suicidal. 

"You don't have to. You know I won't make you stay there." he told me matter of factly. I put my pillow under my head and turned on my side, facing him. I smiled sweetly at him because I realize that he actually cares about my problems. Unlike guys I've dated in the past. Why the hell am I comparing him to guys I've dated?

"I have nowhere else to stay." 

"You can stay with one of the guys." he told me as if it were nothing. 

"Who? Please not Brian, Please not Brian, Please not Brian..." I said with my eyes closed and fingers crossed for luck. I opened my eyes and stopped talking when Matt chuckled at me. 

"Come on, Brian's not that bad."

"I know...I think he'll hit on me, though." I told him, avoiding his gaze. 

"Fine, you can stay with Johnny."

"Okay, he seems like a pretty cool dude. Do you think he'll let me stay?" I asked, biting my lip. 

"I know that he would love to have you."

"Uh, you sounded a little sarcastic, there."

"Oh, not at all." he replied with a smirk. 

"What about Hollywood? Can he stay too?" I asked. 

"Who the fuck is Hollywood?" Matt asked, furrowing his eyebrows. 

"Oh, that's my dog. He's named after the homeless guy that gave him to me." I explained. Matt smiled.  

"I'm glad you like dogs." 

"Doesn't Val like doggies?" I asked. 

"She doesn't hate 'em, but she doesn't really love 'em either." he said, shrugging a bit. 

"Ah, I see." I nodded. 

"You should call Johnny and ask him if I can stay because I want to go get my stuff soon." I told him. 

"I'll call right now." he told me, pulling his cell phone out of his pocket. He pressed 4 on speed dial and pressed call. Then he put it on speaker. 

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring.

"We don't want any!" Johnny yelled through the phone as he answered. This caused Matt and I both to chuckle. 

"Johnny, we got a question for ya." 

"Hold on." he murmured. We heard him say 'Who the fuck are you? Get out of my crib, dude!' I gave Matt a strange look and we both laughed.  

"I don't wanna know." I mumbled. 

"Okay, what's the question?" he asked. 

"Can Lacey stay with you until she gets her own place? Her friend that she was staying with fucked her over."

"Lacey? Who's Lacey? What's she look like?"

"Blonde, blue eyes, really short..." he explained to Johnny. 

"Oh, you mean that sexy lady who's your babysitter."

"Yeah, man. That's the one." Matt told him, his eyes flickering over to me. I just smiled. 

"She can stay, that is... If she can cook." Johnny agreed. 

"Deal, I love cooking." I agreed. 

"Alright, man. She'll be there tomorrow." 
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler. Sorry if I disappointed.