Sequel: C'est La Mort

Don't Tell Your Mom the Babysitter Was in My Bed

The Police

I got to Johnny's house hours later. Matt was there as well to help carry my things in. 

"So how did it go?" he asked me as we finally finished unpacking my things. I plopped down on the over-soft bed and sunk down into it. 

"It went fine." I told him before releasing a sigh. 

"You sure? You seem a little worried." he asked me, sitting down next to me. Farther away then I wanted. 

"No, I'm not worried. What do I have to be worried about?"

"I dunno. You tell me." he said, tilting his head and giving me a suspicious look. 

"Nothing. I don't have anything to be worried about." I said, looking away. 

"Okay. I'll drop it then." he said, scooting a little closer to me.  

"Good." I said, wrapping my arms around his middle and leaning my head on his shoulder. He just wrapped his arms around me and pulled me onto his lap. I just wrapped my arms around him and made myself comfortable. I then started humming a song that I heard earlier in the car. 

"What is the name of that song?" he asked me, pulling slightly away. 

"Uh... I don't know. All I know is that it's by Pink." I told him, shaking my head. 

"Sing the chorus to me." he said with a smirk. 

"Uh...I don't know." I said, looking away. I started to feel a little self conscious. 

"I already know that you have a beautiful voice, Lacey." he told me. 

"I don't. What makes you think that?" I asked, giving him a look of disbelief. 

"They say that Tequila makes your clothes fall off, but not you. It just makes you sing a lot." he explained with a smirk. His words made me blush and look away. 

"Hey, look at me. You're adorable, really. But seriously, I don't want you to be so shy with me. I want to know everything about you and I can't do that if you hold back." he told me with a sweet smile. That statement could be creepy if taken the wrong way, but me, I found it very sweet. 

"I think you're beautiful, you have nothing to be ashamed of." he beckoned me on. I blushed again, but I just smiled and began singing. 

"Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel like you're less than fucking perfect." I sung with a smile. 

"Awlll! You think I'm perfect." he said jokingly with a goofy grin. I then pulled the hat off of his head and put it on mine before I ran my fingers through his short hair. It was extremely soft. 

"You are so not perfect, but there's not one thing I would change about you."

"God, you're so damn cute." he said. His words were completely lost when I pressed my lips to his. The kiss was short and sweet. Matt pulled away smiling. He took my hand in his. 

"That's the first time you've kissed me without me making the first move." he told me, smiling even wider. I just smiled and then rested my head against the crook of his neck. 

"Well, there is one thing I'd change about you." I said moments later. 

"Oh yeah? What's that?" he asked me, looking from my eyes to my mouth. 

"The fact that you're married." I said. His smile quickly faded away. 

"We shouldn't be doing this right now." he said before gently sitting me down off of him. 

"No, we shouldn't." I agreed, crossing my arms and turning my back to him. I was feeling pissed off about his sudden change in attitude. I heard him sigh again before walking out the door. 

I immediately felt guilty. I shouldn't have even mentioned his marriage. I ruined the whole fucking moment! I'm so fucking stupid. Now he's pissed at me!

"Um, Lacey?" I heard Johnny's voice from outside the door. 

"Yeah?" I said politely. 

"You should probably come out here...The cops are here to...arrest you, I think."
♠ ♠ ♠
How do you feel about the Matt & Lacey situation? I also have a characters page, for those who are interested in that...