Sequel: C'est La Mort

Don't Tell Your Mom the Babysitter Was in My Bed

Cemetery Doors

"You stupid motherfucker, I had some job hunting to do." I joked with Vinnie as I hopped into the driver seat.

"It's not like you could have kept the job anyhow. Could you please watch your language, Lacey?" He asked me politely. I rolled my eyes and snorted at his request.

"I didn't mean to corrupt your precious mind. Why the fuck are you going to see Avenged Sevenfold, then? From what I hear, they're no christian band." I asked him.

"It's my favorite band. I finally convinced him to take me to see them." Candice told me, smiling brightly. I chuckled at her answer.

"What'd you have to do? 100 hail-marys or some shit?" I asked. It was actually a serious question. I heard Amber almost choke on something and start to laugh.

"You don't do hail-marys at our church and it's not funny." Vinnie spat at me. I just couldn't take him seriously. He was the same little boy who had tried to strip in front of me just to show off and now he's a holy-roller. It wasn't because I was making fun of Christianity or anything, it was just to get on Vinnie's nerves because I know that he fucking hates my guts.

"So is this band any good?" Amber asked, looking back at Candice.

"Good? They are awesome! And the lead singer is SO HOT! Ohmigod!" She enthused, causing Vinnie to give her a mean look. Amber just pursed her lips and nodded. I kept my mouth shut as I drove down the highway.

About two hours later, we made it to the concert. The music was pretty awesome and hardcore, just the way I like it. I made a mental note to pick up a few of their albums.

Candice was right, the lead singer was pretty fuckin' hot, but I would never admit that to her. I also realized that I love the lead guitarist's shoes. Ha! Leave it to me to notice his shoes!

"Come on, Vinnie and Candice are going backstage and we have to go with them." Amber yelled in my ear, grabbing my arm and pulling me along with her.

"How the fuck did they manage that?" I asked, chuckling a bit as I followed behind her.

"I don't know. They got some VIP pass online." She yelled back at me. I just shrugged and followed along. We finally got over to where they were standing. They were standing in front of a door with a burley man standing in front of them.

"There they are. Now let us in." Candice told him impatiently, pointing to me and Amber.

"First I need to see your pass." He told her, holding out his over-sized hand.

"I have one, but they don't. They're cool, I promise." She told him, handing him her pass. The man studied Amber and me for a moment and then nodded his head. He stood aside and let us pass him. I smiled politely at him as we passed by and walked into the dim-lit room.

All of the guys that I recognized from the stage were sitting on a gray couch in the corner of the room. The shortest of the crew stood, holding his bass. The one I recognized as the singer sat with the lead guitarist's guitar in his hand.

Candice immediately approached them as we followed behind her.

"Hi! I'm Candice!" She told them excitedly, smiling. The lead guitarist immediately looked up at her with a devilish smirk.

"Oh, hi! We're busy." He said sarcastically. He was being an asshole and it pissed me off.

"Oh, I didn't mean to bother you. I'm sor-" Candice started to say, but I cut her off.

"Don't apologize to that asshole!" I said to her, then I turned to the lead guitarist.

"You listen to me...Cemetery...Doors...or whatever the fuck your name is! Candice happens to be a very dedicated fan of yours. She is one of the-few, I'm sure- people who actually buy tickets to come to your concert. This puts money in your pockets and food on your tables, so I would like it if you didn't be such an asshole to her!" I stood up for the girl that I didn't even care too much for.

"Woa, woa, feisty. I was only kidding." He told me seriously. He told me in such a manner that I actually believed him. I just sighed deeply and crossed my arms in front of my chest.

The one I recognized as the lead singer stood and put his arm around my shoulders.

"Don't pay attention to Brian, he is an asshole sometimes. Sorry about that." he told me, smirking at me. I shrugged.

"It's okay. I didn't realize that he was joking at first..." I said, smiling a little.

"It's cool. So, my name is Matt, nice to meet you, little lady." He introduced himself, letting go of me and extending a hand for me to shake. I reluctantly shook his hand.

"I'm Lacey. And I'm not little." I said, sounding slightly offended.

"Honey, look at you. You're certainly not big." He layed a hand on my shoulder and chuckled a bit. I furrowed my brows a bit.

"Well, no...but I'm not little." I repeated.

"Hmph. Then how tall are you?"

"Uh...4'11." I told him, smiling sheepishly. He chuckled again.

"Johnny is taller than you." He stated, pointing over at the short man. I rolled my eyes and shrugged. He turned back serious again.

"How long have you been a fan?" He asked me, shoving his hands in his pockets. It was my turn to laugh this time.

"Fan? I'm not a fan." I told him. I didn't mean for it to sound like I thought his music sucked or something, but I think he took it that way. He looked slightly offended.

"I mean, I was dragged along with Candice and Vinnie...I actually liked your music though, I'm probably gonna buy that album..." I told him quickly.

"No, no it's fine... I was just surprised that you aren't a fan."

"Ah, I work a lot." I told him truthfully. Although, I work all different jobs.

"What do you do?" He asked me.

"Nothing right now..." I told him truthfully. He looked a bit confused at my answer.

"I was actually going to go job hunting today, but It's probably not going to happen." I added, shrugging.

"Well, look no farther..." He said, smiling brightly at me. I looked up at him with a confused expression on my face.

"What?" I asked, shaking my head.

"Well, I'm actually looking for a babysitter...I mean, you'd have to do an interview, but I mean, you'd have a chance..." He told me, moving his hands as he spoke.

"Really? That sounds like a good idea."

"Hitting two stones with one bird." He told me, smirking again.

"Huh? I thought it was 2 birds with one stone?" I asked him.

"Uh, yeah, whatever." He said. I immediately felt stupid for bringing it up.

"I need to get your phone number so that I can get ahold of you and let you know when the interview will be." He told me.

"You're not just trying to get my number, are ya?" I asked him, smiling a little.

"Uh, no...Happily married." He held his hand up to reveal his wedding ring to me.

"Oh..." I said, blushing a bit. I couldn't deny that I was a little disappointed. He pulled his phone out and handed it over to me. I typed my number and name in and handed it back to him.

"I'll call you in a couple of days."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hm. It'll be getting interesting soon.