Sequel: C'est La Mort

Don't Tell Your Mom the Babysitter Was in My Bed

Chasing Cars

It had been 3 weeks since I had been put in jail. Matt was still angry with me and whenever I tried to talk to him he'd just ignore me or walk away. Finally, I just stopped trying with him. I'd been babysitting Lyric 5 days a week after Val warned me not to get arrested again. I finally got payed, too, which was great. I have money to do shit again and pay for my car. Today was my day off and I was bored as hell. I wanted to do something besides get in Johnny's hot tub. 

"John, I'm bored. What do you usually do for fun?" I asked him, sitting beside of him on the couch. 

"Go somewhere where they serve beer and look for chicks." he said with a shrug. 

"Well, I'm a chick." I stated looking at him with a smile. 

"That you are." he said, giving me a seductive look. 

"Can we go out tonight? I can be your chick for tonight and we'll go out and have fun, get drunk, and possibly make out." I said with a smirk. 

"Sure, there ain't shit to do here." he said, standing up. 

"You have to get ready?" he asked me, looking me from head to toe. I rolled my eyes. 

"Are you trying to say that I look bad?" I jokingly asked him. 

"What? No! No, I think you always look pretty. But even when you're dressed pretty, you still say you have to get ready, so I never know if you're ready or not." he explained himself. He actually seemed serious. 

"Oh I see...why thank you, Johnny. And yes, I am ready." I told him with a sweet smile. 

"You were gonna go with or without me, weren't you?" 

"Pretty much. I'm bored as hell, I gotta do something."

"Okay, let me go put on my shirt and then we'll go.". 

About an hour later, we were at a club called Purr. It was crowded, but I spotted lots of attractive people. Johnny bought me some drinks and we danced most of the night. Soon, I got tired of dancing and Johnny spotted some hot chicks to dance with. I just sat down with my drink and minded my own business. 

"Hey, baby." a man I didn't recognize told me as he sat down next to me. 

"Sorry. I'm not your baby. You must have the wrong girl." I told him, looking away. 

"You're right, I apologize, but you do look a lot like my next girlfriend." he told me without missing a beat. I looked over at him for the first time. His sunglasses were on the bridge of his nose and he gazed at me over top of his sunglasses. He also wore a sly smirk on his mouth. He was attractive, but he was also creepy. Not someone I was interested in. 

"Are you serious right now?" I asked him in a bitchy tone. 

"Yeah, let's just go dance." he told me, grabbing my hand and pulling me up. 

"No, I don't want to dance." I protested, pulling my hand away from him. He then put his arm around my waist, as another way to keep me there. 

"Come on, baby. I can tell you want me." he tried a seductive tone that really didn't work. 

"I don't. Just leave me alone." I told him, pushing at his side. 

"Playin' hard to get, huh?" he said, moving his hand down my back and grabbing my ass. I jumped away from him, causing him to grab my arm roughly and pull me back. I felt tears welling in my eyes because I was scared and I didn't know what to do. I'd never had a man treat me this roughly before. 

"Hey!" I yelled at him, trying to pull away again, but his grip on me only tightened. 

"Shut up, little slut. I know you like it." he whispered in my ear. He grabbed me by the hips and pulled me flush against him. I struggled in his grasp. 

"Lemme go, asshole!" I yelled. 

"I'll let you go when-" he was cut off by a black man coming up behind us. 

"You'll let her go right now. You're being escorted out." the man groaned and immediately let me go. 

"Thank you so much." I told the man. 

"No problem, little lady."

I decided that now was the right time for me and Johnny to go home. I'm just upset and I think Johnny will understand. I moved through people on the dance floor and finally made it over to him and his women. 

"I swear I'm not trying to cock block, but I really need to leave." I told him in his ear. 

"Uh, well. I really want to get it in tonight." he replied. 

"I don't really give a shit. She can come with us." I told him, crossing my arms in front of my chest.  

"She's not ready to leave." he said, looking over at the dark skinned woman. The woman gave me a bitchy look and put her hands on her hips. I just rolled my eyes. 

"Johnny, don't make me call Matt, because I will."

"Okay, okay. We'll go." he told me, letting go of the woman and grabbing my hand. We didn't speak until we were outside. 

"What happened in there? You seem kind of upset." he told me, looking me in the eyes. I could tell that he was genuinely concerned about me. I knew that I could trust Johnny. He won't hurt me. 

"Some guy just fuckin' attacked me!" I told him, feeling a little nervous.

"What?! Why the hell didn't you come get me?! I would have put his ass in place!"

"Stop yelling! I came to you right after I got away."

"How'd you get away?" he asked as we got in his car. 

"A bouncer escorted him out." I told him as he started the car up and pulled out. 

"I see. The bastard didn't hit you, did he?" 

"No, thank God. But he did give me a nasty bruise on my arm." I told him, pulling up my sleeve a bit. 

"Oh God. Matt will freak the fuck out." 

"Why?"

"Well, Matt has this thing. He doesn't like to see people get hurt. It pisses him off, and when he's mad, he gets violent." He explained to me, only glancing at the road every few seconds. The roads were empty, so I guess that's okay. 

"He won't hurt me, will he?" I asked. He looked at me in disbelief. 

"No, never! I thought you knew him better than that."

"I just don't know anymore, Johnny." I told him, looking away. The next thing I know, I saw bright lights. Then I felt a sharp pain in my head before I saw red. Suddenly, everything went black as I lost consciousness. 
♠ ♠ ♠
What just happened?!