Sequel: C'est La Mort

Don't Tell Your Mom the Babysitter Was in My Bed

I need to Apologize to Your Ass

I woke up with bright lights blinding me. Everything was white and I could hear a faint beeping sound coming from behind me somewhere. I groaned and closed my eyes when I felt a pain shoot through my head. It must’ve been what made me wake up. Where am I? I opened my eyes and looked around, realizing that I was in the hospital. Shit. What happened?

“Lacey.” I heard a familiar voice call my name. I moved my head to look on the other side of my bed. It was Johnny and Matt standing there, looking down at me. Johnny had a sling on his arm. Broken arm. How did he get his arm broken?

“Johnny. What happened?” I asked in a raspy voice. I then cleared my throat and tried to sit up.

“Woa, woa. Don’t move.” Johnny said, moving closer to me and touching my arm. I stopped trying and just sunk back into my bed before letting out an airy sigh.

“What happened? Why the hell am I in the hospital?” I asked, looking at the both of them in question.

“Lacey, we got in a car accident last night. A truck plowed into us while we were turning at a green light.” He told me, looking a little sad.

“Oh…I suppose that’s why I feel like someone hit me in the head with a sledge hammer.” I said, moving my hand to my head.

“Yeah, probably. You hit your head pretty hard on the dash.”

“It hurts so badly! Just pull the fucking plug!” I complained, closing my eyes.

“Sweetheart, you’re not on life support. Pulling the plug wouldn’t do anything.” Johnny told me with a smirk on his face.

“I know, John! It was supposed to be a joke!” I told him.
“Where the hell did you guys go last night?” Matt asked, looking down at me.

“We went to Purr.” Johnny told him while I yawned.

“Really?” he asked, giving me a knowing look. I didn’t know what that was supposed to mean.

“Uh huh. It wasn’t fun either, so you didn’t miss out.” I told him, rolling my eyes.

“Why, what happened?” Matt asked Johnny.

“Long story, dude. I’ll let her tell you.” He said, pointing to me. Matt looked at me expectantly.

“Uh, nothing… just…nothing…it was boring. Johnny was dancing with chicks and I was alone and so we left.” I lied, waving my hand in the air. Matt sighed and shook his head before storming out the door.

“Is he on his period or something? He got all pissed off all the sudden.” I asked Johnny, scooting up in my bed a bit.

“It’s because he can tell that you’re lying. You should’ve just told him.”

“I know Johnny, but I didn’t want to piss him off…guess that’s a given either way.” I said, feeling a little annoyed.

“Yeah, but it gives him the impression that you don’t trust him.”

“So? It’s not like I’m his wife or girlfriend or something! Am I really supposed to trust him?!” I asked, crossing my arms. My headache was still throbbing, but I didn’t really have the time to think about that right now.

“I know you guys are friends, Lacey. He bailed you out of fucking jail and if you get sued, he’ll pay that for you, too. He likes you, I can tell by the way he looks at you.” I was stunned by his words.

“He doesn’t like me…” I turned my head and looked the other way. I could feel my face turning red.

“He does. He’s married, and it’s wrong, but he does.” He told me. I still couldn’t look at him.

“Matt will come back to see you when he cools off…tell him the truth. I’ll be back later, too.” And with that, he walked out the door, leaving me to think about things that I didn’t really want to think about.

I thought about this for a moment, and I realized that Johnny was right. I didn’t want to be wrong, but I was and I had to face that. It was I who should give in, not Matt. I decided that I would just grab the phone and call him and make him come back.

“What do you want?” he asked me as he picked up his phone. I felt offended at his mean words, but I had to ignore that for now.

“Matt, just get your ass back in here.” I told him, feeling guiltier than ever.

“Why?” he asked, he sounded bewildered by my request.

“Because I have to tell you the truth...and I need to apologize to your ass.” I actually heard him chuckle.

“What did you do to my ass, Lacey?” He asked me in an amused tone.

“Nothing, Matt. You know what I mean!” I told him with a chuckle of my own.

“Okay, I’ll be there in a minute, I’m not too far away.”

“Awesome. See you soon, Matty.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's funny how Matt get's easily distracted by humor, dontcha think?

& also...Lacey's Club Outfit

I also wish you guys would start commenting a little more. I feel like all of my hard work is not appreciated. Just a short comment sayin' "great story' .... or even ' i hate this story, it sucks' will make me happy. At least I know someone is keeping up with me. haha I really appreciate the comments and I'm glad that you're reading and you enjoy... I appreciate every reader- even the silent ones... just gimme a comment to let me know you're reading. (: