Sequel: C'est La Mort

Don't Tell Your Mom the Babysitter Was in My Bed

You Wanna Make Out?

"Lyric, can you tell Daddy what you saw earlier?" Matt asked Lyric as we all sat in the living room 5 minutes later. 

"Whaddaya mean, Daddy?" he asked, looking up at Matt with his innocent eyes. 

"In Mommy and Daddy's room. What did you see in there?" he asked the small boy again. 

"Ring, ring! Daddy, answer the phone!" The child said, putting his toy phone up to Matt's ear. 

"Hello? No, this isn't Lyric, this is Matt. Oh! You wanna talk to Lyric, huh? Well, okay, here's Lyric." Matt played along. The boy smiled brightly and took the phone. 

"Now tell Daddy what happened when you found him and Lacey." he said, pulling the child's attention away from the toy. 

"Daddy and Wacey touching each others mouwfs." he said, looking wide eyed. 

"Lyric, listen to me, okay? Don't Tell Your Mom the Babysitter was in My Bed. If you do, you'll never get to wear Daddy's sunglasses again." He told the boy sternly. Wow, Matt, just sunglasses? Really?

"Otay." Lyric said, looking back down at his toys. 

"Matt, it's alright. I don't think he's gonna say anything." I told Matt, placing my hand on his arm. He sighed and nodded once before standing. 

"We need to talk...in the kitchen." he said, motioning for me to follow him. I just nodded and followed behind him. If anything, he wants a sneaky smooch in the kitchen. As soon as we made it to the kitchen, I wrapped my arms around him and placed a gentle kiss at the edge of his lips. He smiled politely and gently moved away. 

"Lacey... I... I don't think we should do this anymore." he said out of nowhere. I was so blind-sighted and surprised by this. 

"You...you don't?" I asked in a disappointed tone. 

"No, I mean at least for a while. I don't think it's a good idea to be doing this. Especially since Lyric caught us... I don't want this to be going on if he does say something..." he told me. I was a little heartbroken by this. I mean, he made me care for him so much and now he's pushing me away. It's a bit overwhelming. But, I guess if that's the way he wants it... I'll never let him know how disappointed I am. 

"Oh, okay, yeah. I completely understand. I mean, I knew this was gonna happen sooner than later." I told him, shaking my head. 

"Really? You're not upset?" he asked me with a surprised expression on his face. 

"Nah, I mean... Yeah, it was a lot of fun, and you're a cool guy and everything. But, you're married and stuff." I told him with a shrug. I wanted to throw up the fact that relationships can't work when the guy hits the girl, but I thought better of it. 

"Um...okay." he looked a little stunned. 

"Well, I'm gonna get back to work." I said happily, walking past him and back into the living-room. I acted happy as ever, but really I was pretty bummed. 

Four and A Half Hours Later 

"Matt, I'm gonna go home now. Lyric is asleep and me and Johnny are gonna do something." I told him as I walked out the door. He was sitting on the patio with his feet in the pool. He just sighed and nodded. 

"Going out with Johnny? You guys won't be drinking, will you?" he asked, stopping me in my tracks. 

"Of course not. We're gonna see a late night movie." I told him truthfully. He just nodded and I started walking again, but stopped. 

"Hey, if you ever need anything, you have my number. We're still friends, ya know?" I told him before I started walking towards my jeep. 

"Thank you, Lacey." he said in a sort of sarcastic voice that made me wonder. Why is he angry with me? He broke it off with me not the other way around. I decided not to question him about that right now. I'm just going to go have my fun with Johnny. 

"John Boy, you want me to cook something to eat before we go out?" I asked as I walked into the house. Johnny was already sitting at the kitchen table. I noticed a beer in his hand first thing. 

"I guess we're staying in and drinking tonight." I stated, sitting down beside of him. He didn't say anything, he just nodded. 

"What's wrong?" I asked him, seeing the sad expression on his face. 

"My girlfriend broke up with me." he told me with a sigh. I let out a sigh of my own before getting up and grabbing a Budweiser out of the fridge. I then returned to my bar stool next to Johnny. 

"Johhny! I didn't even know you had a girlfriend!" I said as I opened my beer. 

"Yeah... She was a stripper."

"You've gotta be fucking kidding me! A fucking stripper?! Money loving sluts!" 

"She was a nice lady!" he defended her.

"Seriously, though. I didn't know her but she had to be crazy to break up with you. Why would anyone want to break up with you?!" I said, trying to make him feel better. 

"Because I'm too fucking short." he said, ignoring my compliments and taking another large gulp of his beer. 

"No you're not! I'm shorter than you! You're the perfect height!" I tried complimenting him again 

"Well, you're WAY too fucking short." he said. I took a sip of my beer. I fail at life. I can't even effectively compliment Johnny. 

"What the fuck does a girl gotta do around here to compliment you?!?!?" I asked bluntly. This got his attention I knew because his eyes snapped to mine. 

"What? You're trying to compliment me? Why?" he looked very stunned. 

"Duh, I'm flirting!" I don't know what made me say that. I guess something inside me makes me want to do something to stop thinking about Matt.

"Uh...well... You wanna make out?" he asked me awkwardly. He sounded like a teenager, but I like that. 

"Sure." I replied with a shrug. Before I knew it, his lips were on mine. 

"Short shit, get your lips off of Lacey." I heard a familiar voice command from behind us. 
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys aren't giving me enough encouragement. I worked hard on this chapter for you, now leave me comments. <333