Sequel: C'est La Mort

Don't Tell Your Mom the Babysitter Was in My Bed

Do Work

When I woke up the next morning, I panicked a little. I was so aware that I had slept late and that I had to clean the whole house. I hopped out of the bed in a hurry, throwing my hair up in a messy bun. Last night was a disaster. Matt didn't even come to me last night as I cried myself to sleep...which is a relief. Is it possible that he had came to the same realization that I had? That this would never work out and that he shouldn't leave his wife for someone like me. Probably so and that is so a relief. It's not like I'm like him that much anyway. Be professional, Lacey. This is easy. I just have to find someone else to take my mind off of Matt... which shouldn't be too hard.

I pulled my jeans on and then walked downstairs to start cleaning. Much to my surprise, the house was clean. This made me wonder if Val was already back. I shrugged and walked into the kitchen to help myself to something to eat. I was starving and if I don't eat soon, I'm going to pass out. I didn't eat anything yesturday...no, I'm not anorexic or anything (no offense to those who are), I just didn't take the time to do it.. I grabbed a pop tart out of the box and stuggled a second to open it.

"Need help?" I voice asked from behind me, startling me and making me drop the pop tart.

"Jesus, you scared the shit out of me!" I told Matt, shaking my head.

"Lacey, Jesus and shit are two words that should never be used in the same sentance." he told me with a smirk.

"Well, you just did it... you're such a good influence, Matt." I replied, leaning down and picking up my pop tart. I threw it at him, making sure that I didn't get too close. This is not for you. I thought, looking down at myself... I felt the need to chuckle, but I held it back. I didn't want to have to explain to him what I was laughing at. He opened it and handed it back to me.

"So, you cleaned." I stated, looking around once more to see if he missed anything. He didn't. I'm surprised that he even knows how to clean.

"Yeah...you didn't." he said, raising his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes.

"I accidentally overslept, sue me! I'm surprised you even know how to clean!" I snapped at him. I wasn't sure if he was trying to argue or not, but he's starting to piss me off.

"You're already getting sued! I got the fucking letter today! Yes, I know how to clean, no, I wasn't trying to be a dick." he replied, turning around and walking away from me.

"I'm getting sued?!?! No fuckin' way!" I yelled, following him into the livingroom.

"Yeah, by your best friend." he told me, using air quotes. I nodded my head and looked down.

"I don't have any fucking money. She can take my fuckin' dog and my car 'cuz that's all I got!" I complained, sitting down on Matt's leather couch. I didn't follow him anymore. I have more important things to worry about. He stopped, grabbing what I expected to be the letter and threw it at me. I caught it and opened it.

"You know, opening someone else's mail could be a federal offense. I could get you arrested." I told him, not bothering to look up at him as I pulled my letter out.

"Don't fucking kid yourself. I knew what it was already and I opened it to see how much money I'm going to have to pull out of my bank account." he replied in an aggitated voice. I thought about his words for a minute. He's going to pay them the money? No, he can't do that. He is not responsible for my actions.

"No." I told him, shaking my head. He looked at me with confusion in his eyes.

"What do you mean 'no'? You have no fucking choice!" he yelled, giving me a nasty look.

"No choice? What?! You think I fucking need you?! Yeah right!" I told him with a fake laugh. I shook my head.

"Look, Matt, I'm used to working for what I get. I'm not some spoiled rich kid who sings a lot. I actually do work, believe it or not! I don't need you for shit! Is that what this is to you?! A fucking charity case! Well, you should look for someone else...perhaps a fucking hooker will take your money!" I yelled angrily.

"Lacey-" I cut him off.

"Matt, look...", I sighed,"I quit." I told him, giving him one last look before walking out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it took so long to update. my papaw is really sick and I have to stay with my grandma until he gets better. Look for slow updates. Sorry. :( still, comment and shit.