Sequel: C'est La Mort

Don't Tell Your Mom the Babysitter Was in My Bed

Matttini

"Are you breaking up with me?" I asked my boyfriend Brendan who was sitting in front of me babbling like a maniac. 

"Actually I'm trying to ask you out on a date." he answered me, sounding defeated. I chuckled at his answer. 

"Bren, we're already dating, you shouldn't be that worried." I told him, waving my hand. 

"I can't help it, Lacey, it's just you." 

"You mean I make you nervous." I said, smirking at him. He looked down slightly blushing. 

"Yeah." he answered simply. I pulled him into a tight hug. 

"I'll go on a date with you, Bren." I agreed, kissing his cheek. His cheeks turned bright red. 

"Awww." I said before gently kissing him on the mouth. Sometimes it's annoying that I always have to make the first move. 

We both jumped when my phone started to ring. I smiled sweetly and pulled away from Brendan. 

"Gotta get that." I said before grabbing my phone. 

"Hello?" I answered airily.

"Hey, this is Matt." he replied. 

"Oh, hey Matt," I walked out of my room and into the living room. Amber was sitting there, so I walked into the bathroom. 

"I was calling about the interview we talked about."

"Oh, yes. I remember." I replied, sitting up on the edge of the sink. 

"It's tomorrow. Can you make it?" he asked. Short and straight to the point, I like it. 

"Yes, I can. But I need directions." 

"Oh, yeah, of coarse. You know how to get to Long Beach?" he asked me. Yeah, I do, that's where the concert was. 

"Yeah, where the concert was." 

"Well you stay on that exit and then you take a left for about 4 1/2 miles and then you get on East Willow Street. Stay on that until you get to Cherry Drive. We're the house on the end. There should be a gray truck and a red car parked in the drive." He explained to me. I rushed back into my room to get a notebook and pen. I wrote down the directions and repeated them to Matt. He told me that they were correct. 

"Damn that's far away." I mumbled to myself. 

"What was that?" he asked. 

"Uh, nothing! I'll see you tomorrow then!" I told him and hung up the phone.  

I walked back into my room and sat back down in front of Brendan. 

"Who was that?" he asked. I'm surprised that he actually had the balls to ask. 

"It was just Matt." I said, shrugging. He looked me in the eyes now. 

"Who the hell is Matt?" I could tell that he was starting to get a little jealous. 

"The lead singer of Avenged Sevenfold." I told him the truth. I acted as if it wasn't a big deal...which it wasn't. 

"Why is he calling you?!?!?!" he sounded jealous and a little pissed off. 

"Awww is my Bren-Bren jewos?" I asked in my best baby voice. 

"N-No. Of coarse not...is this...Matt guy good looking?" he asked. I smirked at him, thinking about his question. I then chuckled a little. 

"No, not at all. In fact, he's ugly!" 

**********

The next day came quickly as I was excited about the interview. This job seemed new and exciting. Also, it promised a very good salary. I'd never imagined that I would be going to an interview to be a babysitter, less alone a babysitter employed by the lead singer of a very successful rock band. 

"Do you think you'll get the job?" Amber asked me as we drove down the road. We had gotten up early to make it to Matt's house. We figured up that it would be about 4 or more hours away. I'll have to apologize to Matt about how late or how early I was. I began to wonder how many people they were going to interview. I also wondered how many 'more qualified' people signed up. Maybe I don't have a chance, but then again, I know I do. Matt wouldn't have asked me if he didn't think that I had potential. I had my doubts though, his wife might not show me the same interest. As many doubts as I may have, I'll never let Amber know about them. 

"I always get the job." I told her, smiling cockily. She rolled her eyes at me. 

"You're always so confident."

"That's why I always get the job. Take this as a lesson." I remarked. 

"Fuck you." She spat, jokingly. I flipped her the bird. 

"Candice will be so jealous if you get the job." She told me, smirking. 

"I don't know what's so special about Matt. She acts like he's a god or something." I shook my head. 

"Well I mean, he's the lead singer of her favorite band, that's kinda normal...But really, he's sexy. You can't deny that!"

"Sexy, yeah. Married, big yeah. Happily married, definitely."

"I love how you emphasized the 'happily' part." she replied. 

"It's true, he showed me the fucking ring." I told her. 

"Wow. But still, you have to admit, you'd fuck him." she smiled widely at me. 

"Hell yeah, he's a fine piece of ass. But definitely not with his kid and his wife in the picture." I told her truthfully. 

"I never knew he had a kid." 

"Uh, Hello! I'm doing an interview for a BABYSITTER!" I told her, laughing a little. 

"I feel stupid now."

"Well you should."

**********

Amber and I babbled and chatted until we finally got to Matt's house. 

"Is this it?" Amber asked me as I parked behind Matt's truck. 

"Yeah, gray truck, red car." I said, nodding my head. 

"This place is fucking rad." I commented as we stepped up onto the medium-sized porch. 

"Agreed." Amber replied. 

I knocked on the door a few times until someone finally answered. Of coarse it was Matt, standing there with a sexy dimpled grin. I smiled back at him. I had to stop thinking of him in terms of hot, sexy, cute, yummy or ANYTHING OF THAT GENRE! 

"Uh, hey." he said, making me realize that I was staring. I looked down and then back up into his beautiful hazel eyes. 

"Hi, how's it going?" I asked politely.

"Hey, all is good. You're here for the interview right?" he asked me. I had to force myself not to roll my eyes. 

"You guessed it." I said, pointing a little and smiling again. I had to admit, I was pretty nervous. Which definitely wasn't a normality for me. 

"I'm not gonna lie, you are really early, but I'll see if Val wants to go ahead and interview you." he told me, stepping aside and motioning for us to come inside. 

"Are you here for the job interview too?" he asked Amber. 

"Nah, she's my friend. She's here for moral support or some shit." I told Matt, forgetting to censor my language. I heard him chuckle. 

"Excuse my French." I told him, looking around his very nice house. 

"It's cool. That just shows me that you're down to earth." he told me with a smirk. I smiled sweetly at him and nodded. 

"You ladies have a seat and Val will be out here soon." he told us, pointing to the black leather couch. We just nodded and took a seat. He disappeared from the room and I relaxed a little. 

"I'm a little intimidated just by the house. I wonder what Val is like." Amber whispered to me. I just shrugged. I, too wonder what she's like. I hope she's nice, bearable at least. 

A moment later, Matt and Val entered the room holding hands. At that point I knew that they are the lovey-dovey, high school sweethearts couple. It made me want to vomit, but I looked at them in envy at the same time. 

Val was as beautiful as ever with her blonde hair and perfectly bronzed skin. Every bit of my confidence melted away and I never felt more self conscious in my life. She was beautiful, but she also looked very fake and fancy. She seemed like the woman that had a broomstick shoved up her ass and who could only have fun when she's drinking. 

"Hi, I'm Valary Sanders and you must be Lacey." she introduced herself, shaking my hand. I just nodded. 

"And you are?" she asked Amber shaking her hand. 

"Amber, but I'm not here for an interview, so if you don't mind, I'm just gonna..." she trailed off, standing and walking towards the door. 

"Of coarse." Valary told her. 

"I'll be waiting." Amber told me. I just nodded at her as she went back outside. 

"So, Lacey. You want a martini or something?" she asked me, smiling sweetly. 

"Sure, that'd be grand." I told her, trying to sound fancy and sophisticated. 

"Yeah, me too. Matt, honey? Do you mind fixing us a drink?" she asked him. I could have sworn that I saw him roll his eyes. Without saying a word, he got up and left the room. He went through different doors this time. Val picked up her black book and pen and I knew that it was time to get down to business. 

"Okay, let's see...Do you like kids?" she started with a basic. 

"Oh my God, love 'em!" I lied. It's not that I don't like kids, it just depends on the kid, I guess. 

"That's a good sign...Do you have any kids?"

"I do not." I answered truthfully. 

"Do you have any experience with children?"

"Yeah, my friend's little sister and my neighbor's kids."

"Okay, let's say you got the job. My son gets sick on you. What do you do?"

"The first thing I would do is call you. If I got no answer, I'd handle the situation myself."

"How?"

"Well, if it's something as simple as a cough, I'd simply give him some cough medicine. If it's something worse like vomiting or sore throat, I'd take him to the hospital." 

"Good, nice answer." she scribbled something in her book. 

Matt returned with our drinks and I took a sip. I coughed a little because I wasn't expecting it to be so strong. 

"What the hell is that? That's definitely not a martini!" Val complained. 

"No, it's not. You told me to mix you a drink, not a martini. It's a Matttini!" he said, chuckling a bit. I pretended like I couldn't hear the conversation, although I wanted to laugh so bad. 

Val quickly got back to business. She asked me every question in the world and we even started to joke around a little and talk about other things. It was probably just the 'Matttinis'. 

Soon, we were finished with the interview and it was time for me to leave. 

"I'll have Matt get ahold of you in a couple days." she told me before hugging me and sending me on my way. 
♠ ♠ ♠
The directions are shit, but they are real places.

<3 I hope you enjoy.