Sequel: C'est La Mort

Don't Tell Your Mom the Babysitter Was in My Bed

Finished

Matt's POV

Lacey quit? What the fuck?! She's not supposed to quit. I didn't mean to drive her into quitting. I have to go after her. I rushed out the door after her to see her getting in her car.

"Lacey, wait. Don't go. You can't quit, you need this job." I told her. I was pretty much about to beg her not to quit. I need her to work here as much as she needs this job.

"I can do as I please and I don't need this job. I don't need any job! I'm sick of your shit and this shit and Val's shit!" she yelled at me as she threw her bag in the car.

"Fine, maybe you don't need this job. Maybe you don't even need my help with money...but I need you. I need you here so I can get through all of this shit. How do you think I deal with it?" I told her seriously this time.

"Matt, if you needed me that much, don't you think that you would leave Val for me?...Shit...You don't need me, Matt. You're with her and Lyric." she told me, looking away. She couldn't even look me in the eyes. I don't know what is going on with me. I love Val...I think...But it's different with Lacey. I didn't expect it to be, but it is.

"Lacey, you don't get to tell me who or what I don't need." was all I could say back to her.

"Look, I just need some time, alright? I'll be at Johnny's." That was the last thing she said to me before turning on her car and leaving. She left me standing there in shock. I can't believe that she just left like that- quit. Maybe she'll come back in a few days after she gets her thoughts together. Who am I kidding? If she thinks about all of the mind games I have been putting her through, then she definitely won't come back. I wouldn't blame her, either.

Lacey's POV.

My mind was racing as I drove. It's too silent in here, I need to turn my cd player on. I pressed the button quickly, hoping that whatever music was in would get my mind off of the situation that I'm in. Wouldn't you know it? Avenged Sevenfold starts playing. Damn Johnny or Matt or whoever the hell put this CD in here. All I could hear was Brian- the perv's guitar blasting through the air and Matt's voice telling me to 'COME BACK TO ME IT'S ALMOST EASY'. Fuck that. I turned it on the radio to hear some nameless classic rock playing. That relaxed me, but it didn't take my mind off of things. I pulled into Johnny's soon and went inside. Johnny was sitting on the couch drinking beer and watching some reality show.

"What are you watching?" I asked as I sat down beside of him.

"Jersey Shore." he replied, taking a sip of his beer.

"You like that shit?"

"It's actually pretty good." he got off of the couch, walked into the kitchen (out of my view), then came back with two beers.

"Watch it with me." he told me, handing me a beer. I nodded, taking the beer and taking a large drink. This is how I'm going to spend my day. Getting trashed with Johnny and watching a reality show. Most people would love to be in my position, but not me. You can have it.

That night was a complete blur, all I knew was when I woke up I was in Johnny's bed. Fully clothed though. This made me panic. I don't remember last night at all! Did I do something with Johnny?! Surely not. I just gotta find him and ask. I walked into the kitchen hoping he would be there, to my surprise, he was there.

"Johnny...did we...uh... how do I put this?" I asked him before even saying good morning.

"Good morning to you, too, sunshine, and no, we didn't fuck." he replied without even looking up.

"Thank God." I sighed in relief.

"Wow, am I that awful?" he asked, shaking his head.

"No, I just don't want to give you the wrong idea." I told him truthfully.

"Well, you kept me up all night crying about Matt and shit, so...there are no secrets now." he told me, raising his eyebrows.

"Shit." I replied, shaking my head and getting my favorite coffee cup from the cabinet.

"It's not anything new, you know. Matt fucks with people like that all the time." he told me, avoiding my gaze.

"What do you mean?" I asked him with a confused look on my face.

"There were others, Lacey. Many others. You didn't believe that you were the only one, did you?" he asked me, looking down and shaking his head. I just stood there silent. I didn't even know what to say. How could I be so stupid? How much of the shit he said to me was from past experiences with other girls.

"I'm so stupid." was all I could say. I sat my coffee cup down and raced upstairs to my room. I am finished with Matt Sanders. FoREVer.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but that's all I can manage for now. & no I haven't stopped this story and I don't plan on it. My grandpa is sick and I'm helping with him so I don't have a lot of time to write, but I still am. I believe in finishing something once it's started.