Sequel: C'est La Mort

Don't Tell Your Mom the Babysitter Was in My Bed

We'll Never Get To Swim

I woke up early the next morning feeling warmer and more content than I had in a long time. I snuggled farther into his muscular chest and he immediately wrapped his large, tattooed arms around me. Wait! Tattoos? Brendan doesn't have any tattoos! Oh my God, this is fucking Matt! I immediately pulled myself out of his arms and sat up in bed. I looked back over at Matt, who was smirking.

"I thought you were warming up to me." he winked at me. I just sighed and chuckled. 

"How the fuck did I get up here?" I asked, pulling some cover up over my exposed stomach. 

"I got up in the middle of the night and you were on the fuckin' floor and you were shivering. I just picked you up and put you in the bed with me. I promise I tried to keep my distance, but you snuggled right up to me." he explained, moving his hands as he spoke. 

"Sorry...and thanks." I replied, blushing a bit. 

"No problem. It didn't exactly bother me, I mean, it was colder than fuck in here!" he smiled sweetly at me. I then realized that it was still cold and I shivered a bit. 

"It still is." I added, wrapping my arms around myself.

"You're never EVER staying here again." he told me, pushing the covers off of himself and sitting up. 

"Uh...why?" I asked him, doing the same. 

"Because, you will catch pneumonia! And next time I might not be here to keep you warm all night." he told me, grabbing his hoodie off of the chair and tossing it to me. I pulled it on, smelling his intoxicating cologne. My stomach then growled, but I ignored it completely. 

"You won't be here next time, Matt. Letting you come here was probably a mistake. Don't get me wrong, I like you, but you're married and stuff. It's just wrong." I told him. 

"But we didn't even do anything."

"No, we didn't, thank God. But it still looks bad, and you know it does. I also hope that you don't expect that of me... I don't know about your past babysitters, but I'm not that kind of girl."

"Lacey, I have never cheated on Val. Now, I might be a little suggestive,  but I joke a lot. I would never cheat on her. I love her too much."

"Well, that's good. That is why you should probably go now." I said, sliding his hoodie off of my arms and handing it to him. 

"Just keep it, you get cold easily. But I just remembered that you're hungry -and don't give me no shit cuz I just heard your stomach growl-, so let me take you out for breakfast." he spoke the truth. 

"Okay, but only because you're being so damn respectable right now." I told him, smiling. He smirked back at me and nodded. 

"Well, I have to get ready." I told him, grabbing my bag and walking into the bathroom. I didn't bother taking a shower because I did that yesterday when I first got to the hotel. I just changed clothes, brushed my hair, washed my face and then re-applied my make up. I then sprayed on my vanilla perfume. I then opened the door and found Matt on my bed with his eyes closed. I smiled at his cuteness, then went over to him to wake him up. 

"Matt, you need to wake up, sweety." I spoke quietly as I gently shook his shoulder. He slowly opened his eyes to look at me and he smiled sweetly at me. 

"I'm awake." he said, but he just stared at me. After he stared for a minute, I began to feel self conscious and I blushed, looking away. He then looked away and stood up. 

"You really shouldn't be that shy around me." he told me, taking my hand and pulling me to stand. 

"Uh, why?" I asked, squinting my eyes at him. 

"Because I find it fucking adorable." he replied. This caused me to blush even more. He just chuckled a bit and allowed me to grab everything before rushing me out the door. We just walked down the street since we both had our cars and we wanted to talk. 

"So, isn't Val wondering where you are?" I asked Matt as we walked through the streets. 

"She always does." he replied, glancing at me and then back at the ground. 

"Not that I don't enjoy your presence, Matt, but why are you with me?"

"I dunno, I just want to get to know my new employee. Don't you agree that it's a good idea, since you'll be watching my kid?" 

"I do, but I thought he wasn't even your kid." I decided to test him. He looked over at me sharply. 

"He isn't, but I don't love him any less. I don't want to hear those words come out of your mouth ever again, you hear me?" he was a little aggressive, which made me very nervous. I just nodded, distancing myself from him and crossing my arms in front of my chest. I didn't speak to him the rest of the way to the restaurant. We got inside, ordered, and ate, but still no words. I pulled out my money to pay for my meal. 

"Fuck that, you're not paying." he said, handing the money to the waitress. I just put my money back in my wallet and stood, exiting the building without Matt. He was being an ass and I didn't like his attitude. Normally, I would have taken up for myself, it's just Matt. Being around him makes me weak and I don't know why. I was walking swiftly until I heard Matt walking behind me. He gently grabbed my hand and spun me around to face him. 

"Look, I don't want us to part like this. I'm sorry." he told me with a sad look. 

"Fine." I told him. He smiled triumphantly and then let go of my hand. I just kept walking. 

"See you later, Matt." I told him as I walked further and further away. I had time to hang out at the park for a while before I had to be at work. The park was pretty much empty, I'm guessing because it looks like it's going to rain. I sat on a park bench and strummed on my guitar for a while. I tried to write a song, but nothing came. I wasn't inspired, I was just annoying myself. I decided to just put my guitar up and go on to work. 

I got to Matt and Val's house about 20 minutes later. I rang the doorbell once and then knocked on the door a couple of times. I am impatient and I just want to get this over with. Surprisingly, it was Matt who opened the door. 

"Hey. I'm here to do my fucking job." I snapped at him. I was still pissed like earlier. He rolled his eyes and grabbed my arm, pulling me roughly inside the house. 

"You fucking told her, didn't you?!" he yelled at me before I could question his aggressiveness. 

"Told who what?" I asked, my eyes widening. I knew he was pissed, so I tried to stay calm and innocent, so at least he would feel sorry for me and not hit me, if nothing else. 

"You told Val that I came to your place! But that's not all! You added the extra sauce and told her that we fucked! That's why she's gone right now! She left AND she took our kid!" he yelled at me. He kept moving closer, which made me extra nervous. 

"I did no such thing!" I defended myself truthfully. 

"You lying bitch! I wouldn't even fucking touch you!" he said, throwing his hands up in the air. This pissed me off even worse because I knew that he was lying. 

"Oh really? I'm gonna have to call your bluff there, Matt." I said with a snide smirk. 

"In your dreams, you fucking whore. You wouldn't let me touch you if I wanted to, you fuckin' tease."

"You just contradicted yourself. And yes I would." I tested him. I wasn't even angry now, I was more aware that he was saying the things he was because he was angry. He was actually starting to amuse me. 

"What?" he asked, sounding weirdly calm. I smiled at him. 

"I would let you. It's wrong, but I would. I'm no saint, Matt and I know you're not either. But I actually like you, despite the fact that you were just yelling at me for something I didn't do." I confessed, turning around to walk away from him. He grabbed my shoulder to turn me around facing him again. I looked into his eyes, the same ones who were sharp with anger moments ago were now soft with kindness. He pulled me closer to him, still looking into my eyes, but I began to fell a little self conscious and looked away from him, blushing. 

"Are you blushing? You weren't too shy to tell me that you want me, but you're too shy to handle me looking at you." he told me softly, with a chuckle. I got brave enough to look at him again. 

"I never said that I want you." I told him seriously. He just stared deeply into my eyes, giving me a sexy smirk. This made me blush again and look away. 

"I want you to look at me." he demanded, turning my face so that I could look at him again. When I looked at him, I felt a weird (but in a good way) feeling in the pit of my stomach. He then leaned closer and closer to me, but instead of kissing me like I thought he was, he pulled me into an embrace.

"I feel like I've known you forever, Lacey." he whispered in my ear before he pulled away and smiled at me. 

"Now, do you want to go swimming for real this time?" he asked me, moving farther away from me. I was a little confused about his sudden attitude change and plus, he didn't even apologize. 

"I'm still a little angry at you for yelling at me! Plus, where's Val and Lyric?" 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean any of that, I just freaked out a little. Val is probably having one of her bitch fits because I didn't come back last night, they're probably at Michelle's." he explained to me. I just nodded at him. 

"But, I have a job to do. What about that? I could...I could clean or something." I was a little reluctant to get in a pool with him. 

"We hired you as a babysitter, but Lyric isn't here right now, so you'll just have to babysit me...don't worry, you get payed." he told me in a flirtatious tone. 

"I'll go get you a bathing suit, just follow me." he said, turning to walk up the stairs. We finally made it to the room and he was pulling a bathing suit out of the wardrobe when a voice coming from the doorway startled me. 

"What the hell, Matt!" Val screeched. 
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay. I've been trying to graduate high school so I've had a lot of homework lately. I've also been partying on the weekends (this weekend is my graduation party)...but I'll update When You Were Young asap.