The Amazing Adventures of Kalyn and Ariel

Chapter 2

Soon Ariel and Kalyn were out of the short drive-through line for the Taco Bell, and on their way to their favorite bands concert. Ariel was bored, so she decided to turn on the radio, just to pass the 30 minute ride that was from Taco Bell to the concert. She flipped it to a local radio station, turning up the volume to hear Find a Way going off.

“What the hell?!?” Kalyn shrieked “We fucking missed it!”

”That was The Used with ‘Find a Way’ from their new CD ‘Lies for the Liars’” The radio spokesman announced. “Stick it here to find out how you can win back stage passes!”

“ARIEL! TURN IT THE FUCK UP!” Kalyn screamed, now gripping the steering wheel tighter than she ever has.

“God, okay. You fucking broke my eardrum, now I wont be able to hear Dan say he loves me” She said, slumping down in her seat.

“God. Sometimes you are so over dramatic” Kalyn said, pulling a piece of hair behind her ear.

“Do you want to win backstage passes to meet and hang out with The Used at their show tonight?” The radio voice announced.

“YES YES YES!” Kalyn screamed, answering the radio.

“Then you need to call in and answer 4 the used trivia questions” The voice said, echoing throughout the whole car. He then announced the number as Ariel quickly pulled out her cell phone.

“CALL CALL CALL!” Kalyn screamed.

“I’m going as fast as my fingers can dial… What was the number again?” Ariel asked.

“Ugh. Gimme the phone” Kalyn said, quickly grabbing it away from her, as Ariel reached over the seat and told a hold of the steering wheel.

”Hello. You are our ninth caller” The voice said.

‘Obviously.’ Kalyn thought to herself ‘We’re probably the biggest The Used fans here.’
“Hello. I’m calling for the trivia questions.” Kalyn said, sounding as calm as she could.

”Okay. You’re first question is… What was the name of The Used’s first full length CD? Was it A) I brought you my bullets, you brought me your love B) In love and Death C) City of Evil… or D) The chronicles of life and death?”

“That’s a trick question” Kalyn stated “You see, In Love and Death was their second album and none of the others are right. Their first was a self- titled album!” She said, squealing the answer.

“That is correct. Next question: Who is their bass player and what is his full name?” Kalyn then handed the phone to Ariel, to answer the next few questions.
“His name is Jeph Howard. But the full is Jepharee Michael Howard” She said matter-of-factly.

”Correct. Next question: Which band were they friends with, yet got in a fight and aren’t friends anymore?”

“Are you serious?” Ariel asked “My Chemical Romance.”

”Correct. Now… last question… What is Quinn Allman’s middle name?”

“I don’t know this!” Ariel panicked. Kalyn told her to hand over the phone. Ariel did as she was instructed and handed the phone to Kalyn.

“What was the question again?” Kalyn asked into the mouthpiece.

“What is Quinn Allman’s middle name. No one knows this except our sta- “

“Scott” Kalyn said, as if it was nothing big.

“I’m sorry that’s…CORRECT! YOU WIN!” The announcer said, making Ariel jump and hit her head on the roof of the car.

“I’M GOING TO MEET DAN-FUCKING-WHITESIDES!” She screamed.

“I’M GOING TO MEET QUINN ALLMAN! OH MY GOD!” Kalyn shouted. They got the information that they would get their tickets by revealing the special code word that they were given when they got to the booth. As they hung up the phone they couldn’t hold in their excitement as they both screamed.

“We’re going to meet The Used!”
♠ ♠ ♠
more soon.