The Amazing Adventures of Kalyn and Ariel

Chapter 9

“Soo,” Bert sang as Kalyn and Quinn walked in “Have a good time doing the nasty nasty somewhere?”

“No Bert” Kalyn sighed, sitting down on the couch beside Ariel “Unlike you, I try not to fuck everything that I see” Bert scrunched up his face and sat down beside Jeph on the other couch.

Ariel was sitting next to Dan, talking. It was quiet on the bus, which was awkward, because with the Used, there was never a dull moment. Kalyn suggested that they watched a movie. Everyone said no, and Kalyn shut up.

“So, how about we play truth or dare?” Jeph finally spoke.

“YAY!” Kalyn laughed, attacking him “FAVORITE GAME EVER!” Jeph laughed and Kalyn soon calmed down and sat in beside Quinn.

“So, who wants to go first?” Quinn asked, looking around the room.

“I will,” Dan smiled, “Truth or Dare…BERT!”

“Truth,” Bert smiled

“Who would you rather fuck…Ellen D, or Rosie”

“Ellen, duh!” Bert said, throwing his hands in the air. Ariel laughed and pushed herself up on Dan’s lap.

They had all soon done something funny. Ariel molested a fan outside the bus, Jeph ate a pillow, Dan humped their driver, and Bert pissed himself. So they had all done some kind of dare, except Kalyn and Quinn.

“Truth or Dare…KALYN!” Ariel shouted, making the tour bus fill with ‘Ooos’ and ‘Ahhs’.

“Dare,” Kalyn smiled. She was never one to turn down a dare.

“Okay then. I dare you to…MAKE OUT WITH QUINN!” Kalyn’s eyes opened really wide and Quinn turned a violet red color.

“Um, Okay…” Kalyn said, turning over to Quinn and biting the right side of her lip. It was chapped, and she knew that Quinn would probably be uncomfortable… But it was a dare, and Kalyn never turned down a dare.

Kalyn leaned in, as did Quinn, and quickly pecked him on the lips. He grabbed her hair softly, and Kalyn grabbed his, pushing it forward to make their lips meet again. This time the kiss was longer, and everyone saw Quinn use his tongue, sliding it on Kalyn’s bottom lip before she opened her mouth.

“Ew,” Jeph said. Kalyn smiled and pulled away, blushing furiously.

“So, how about that movie?”

“Yeah, We should watch it now,” Dan said, pulling Ariel closer to him and kissing her forehead a few times.

They all watched Fight Club, but this time, Kalyn stayed with Jeph on the other side of the room. Quinn knew that Kalyn probably didn’t like him, and that’s why they weren’t talking about the kiss or anything that happened.

“Um, Kalyn?” Quinn asked, his hands shaking “Can I see you in the bedroom, please?” Kalyn nodded her head and tried to get up, but Jeph pulled her back down. She play smacked him and got up, walking into the other room with Quinn.

He slowly closed the door behind him and looked at her. She was wearing a black sweater and a red necklace with dark skinny jeans. Her hair was in a messy bun and her eyeliner was smudged, like it always was. Her lips were dry, but very plump.

“Um, About the kiss” Quinn tried to manage something else out, but couldn’t say anything.

“Yeah?” Kalyn asked, trying to get him to continue with her story. It was kind of a pet peeve she had.

“I…”

“Yes?” Kalyn asked, her face having a questioning expression on it.

“I REALLY LIKE YOU!” Quinn had finally cracked.

~

“YOU OWE ME 15 DOLLARS! PAY UP!” Ariel hissed to Jeph. They were all leaning on the outside of the door, listening to their conversation. Dan was no one to make bets with Ariel, and Bert agreed. So that meant that Jeph was the only one who wanted to go against Ariel. He thought that Quinn was too much of a pansy to tell her.

~

“Oh Quinn,” Kalyn mumbled sitting down on a bunk “Oh,”

“Oh what?”
“I just… Quinn, right now…”

“Oh I see,” Quinn mumbled “rejected”

“NO! NO NO! NOT AT ALL! I just…I don’t think I want to ruin things with us right now. You’re a great friend, Quinn. And you’re so cute and easy to get along with…But I just, don’t need a boyfriend right now. Maybe later?”

“Sure,” Quinn mumbled. He wouldn’t tell Kalyn, but she had crushed him. All that he wanted was for her to say she liked him back and kiss him liked she did during that game of truth or dare. But no. He got a ‘Maybe later?’

“Quinn, don’t be that way” Kalyn said, trying to grab his face to make him look her in the eye. He refused and jerked his head back.

“Stop it,” Quinn huffed

“Quinn, I just don’t want a boyfriend… I like you, but I don’t want to rush into anything”

“Whatever, I know you just want Jeph. That’s all you had to say, Kalyn”

“I DON’T QUINN! I LIKE YOU! I JUST NEED SOME TIME TO THINK!”

“Well, take all the time you want, because I don’t think I like you anymore” Quinn instantly regretted saying that to Kalyn when he saw the look on her face

“YOU KNOW WHAT, QUINN? IF YOU WANT TO BE THAT WAY THEN FINE! I’M GOING OUT FOR ANOTHER WALK! AND I MAY NOT COME BACK!” She quickly opened the door and pushed the others out of the way, slamming the tour bus door behind her.

“You fucking bastard!” Bert screamed, slapping Quinn.

“I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU DID THAT, QUINN! KALYN JUST WANTS SOME TIME! SHE’S HAD A FEW BAD REALTIONSHIPS!” Ariel snapped “SHE DOESN’T WANT YOU TO BE ONE OF THEM”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry this doesnt have much of you in it, Ariel :( more next chapter