Untitled

Chapter 7

A couple minutes after I got to my next class a teacher came to me and gave me a note and it said:

Dear Aura,
I’m not gonna be in school tomorrow or the next day because I’m going to my ex-girlfriend’s funeral and then just staying home the next day because I’m really sad about this. I’m sorry! We can finish presenting when I get back.

See you then.

Love, Jake

‘Ex girlfriend’s funeral?’ I thought, what the heck happened?’ I found out later that she killed her self because she was so depressed after her parent’s death.

After reading the note and finding out what happened I feel into a deep depression. I had no idea what to do at that moment. I felt like I should give up. After school I went home and did the only thing I could think of that could help me. “Hello?” Cassandra said. “Cass, I don’t know what to do anymore. Jake’s ex-girlfriend killed herself from the shock of her parents’ death and tomorrow he’s going to her funeral. He told me he is really sad over this. I’m really depressed,” I ranted. “Oh my god! Aura! I’m sorry that this happened! This sounds really unbelievable. I wish I was there to hug you, then we could spend a whole day shopping so you could feel better,” Cassandra said to comfort me. “Thanks, but I’m still really sad.” I said. “I think you should give up on him. It might be awhile until he is fully over his ex. Maybe you should spend this time finding someone else,” suggested Cassandra. “How could I do that to Jake?! He needs me!” I exclaimed. Even though I said that, I thought she might be right. “Alright, alright. But really, I suggest you to find someone else. Aura, I don't want you to get hurt anymore than you already are.” Cassandra said. “I’ll be fine. I’ll get through this and so will Jake. We will be a happy couple.” I said. “Okay. If that is what you want, I’ll support you.” Cassandra said but it didn’t sound very convincing. “Thanks Cass.” I said with a half smile on my face. “No problem. I am you best friend.” Cassandra said. We both giggled, then said our good-byes and hung up. ‘Find someone else,’ I thought, ‘Maybe she’s right’. I should consider doing that.’ Then I realized what I thought and then slightly slapped my face. ‘What am I thinking?! I can’t betray Jake like that!’ I thought.

I kept thinking about what Cass said for little while longer and then I feel asleep. The next morning I felt sick to the stomach so I just stayed home from school. Still thinking about what she said. I decided to call Jake but when I called he didn’t answer so I guessed that he would be at the funeral already so I just waited. I just watched T.V. all day until I finally got a call back from him. “Hey Aura, sorry I was at the funeral.” Jake said. “Oh it’s ok.” I said. “So is there a reason why you called so early? Shouldn’t you be at school at that time?” he asked. “Yea but I wasn’t feeling 100% so I just stayed home. And the reason why I called was because I just wanted to check up and see how you were feeling and tell you that if you wanted to come over and talk you can.” I told him. “Oh. I’m ok and yea I do wanna talk actually so I guess I’ll be there in about five minutes or so.” He said. “Alrighty, well were about to eat dinner so you can have dinner over here too if you want and then we can go talk.” I told him. “Yea that’s sounds good.” He said kind of happy. “Ok cool, I guess I’ll see you soon then.” I said. “Yea see you soon.” He said. We said our good-byes for now and then hung up.

I heard the door knock so I ran down the stairs thinking that it would be Jake but no it was Jake’s Mom. She was crying. “Mrs. Wheaton what’s wrong?” I asked. “It’s Jake.” She said and started to bawl. “What about Jake? What happened?” I asked nervously. “He got into a crash on the way to your house. He was on the phone telling me that he was on his way over here and everything was find and then ten minutes later I get a call from the hospital saying that Jake had been in a accident.” She said. “Oh my gosh! We need to get to the hospital fast.” I told her. “MOM! I’LL BE HOME LATER!” I yelled to my mom. We left and got to the hospital in five minutes because I drove so fast, I was scared out of my mind.

“Hi were here to see Jake Wheaton.” I said to the lady at the front desk trying not to cry. “I can take you to him.” A nurse behind us said. So she brought us to him. I let Mrs. Wheaton go see him first since it was her son. She was in there for a good fifteen minutes and then she came out. “He said he wants to see you.” Mrs. Wheaton said to me. So I went in and I just see him laying in the bed and he saw me and smiled. I started crying and ran over to him and hugged him but not to hard cause I didn’t want to hurt him. “What happened?!” I asked him after I stopped crying and hugging him. “I don’t know. I was just talking to my mom and when I hung up all of a sudden this mini van came outa no where and then BAM! It hits me.” He told me. “Wow! That’s crazy! Is anything broken?” I asked. “The doctor said that I surprisingly don’t have any broken bones just a bunch of cuts and scratches and that he was shocked because it was such a bad crash.” He said. “Well your one lucky boy then.” I said smiling. “Yea.” He said with a big smile on his face. “Why do you keep smiling?! You just got into a crash!” I asked. “Because you came to see if I was ok.” He said. I smiled and started to blush. Me and Mrs. Wheaton left because visitor hours were over but Jake was able to get out tomorrow morning, which was good.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is not yet complete

Keep check back for the rest of this chapter and more chapters. =)