Trust

2/6/45

I am defined as J-32. For my name My parents chose Jasmine White. I am one of only 140 babies born from artificial wombs. A set of 14 realeased every year. We are special becuase we are customized. They tweak our DNA to get it just right. My mother wanted green eyes, father wanted brown. They ended up deciding yellow. Exactly 25% of my personality belongs to my mother, 25% to my father and 50% random codings.

I see Dr. Cashel twice a year to make sure my body isn't rejecting the false DNA. That used to happen. When I was young I was afraid I would wake up one day and cease to be. But school has taught me that the human females average life expectancy is between 100 and 156 years. Mine could go longer, I am not the average female.

I go to a special school called Hegemon, just for us. We get lessons from a real teacher twice a week. I am top in computers, physical education and combat. I wish I was not required to attend school but it is mandatory for a artificial like me.

Mother is the one who told me to start this journal by talking about myself. I am of 14 years. My hair is dark brown and exactly 18 and a half inches long. I am five and a half feet tall. I have average facial features and am of normal inteligence.

Today something abnormal happened. One of my peers, Annabelle (A-32), told me she does not like Teacher. We are not suposed to like or dislike Teacher. She is just there. Annabelle is my friend. Her mother and my mother enjoy each others company.

Annabelle also said to call her Anna becuase she likes it better. No one ever disagrees with a parents choice of name, artificial or real. No one.

She says she does not understand why everyone is happy but I think that we are happy becuase that is the way life is.

I used to be unhappy. When I was just four I drew on the walls in crayon and cried alot. Mother says that is a sighn of unhappyness but she talked to our Resident and he fixed my diet to get rid of unhappy food.
♠ ♠ ♠
yeah this is wierd but it all gets explained. This chapter has alot of foreshadowing in it.