Chance Encounter with Love

One

“ I swear, if this bitch says one thing to me I’m going to fuck her up” I heard Trish’s voice before I saw her. Smiling, Amber pulled her coat closer and pushed her way up the steps to the bar patio. The sun was setting over manhattans lower east side, setting all the brownstones a wash in a golden late day glow. The weather had been in the mid 60s the whole week but tonight there was a light chill and a coat had been a smart investment. Eyeing around the lightly packed patio of the last NYC smokers, Amber found her friend. Trish’s was standing to the left of the large wooden doors a cigarette bouncing in he hand and a cell phone in the other.
“ Who are we going to kill now?” Amber asked, making her presence known. Trish looked up, her black lined hazel eyes flashing annoyance then humor when she saw her friends face. Pushing her purple Burberry glasses further into her blonde hair and taking her last pull of her cigarette.
“ This ugly slore in the bar keeps trying to walk up on my man” Chuckling to her self , Amber knew who her friend was talking about. David, the utterly attractive bouncer was T’s man... well not really. They had been talking on and off for a few months , a dinner date here, a movie there, but from what Amber knew her friend hadn't sealed the deal between the sheets.
“ Oh T come on. Davids awesome and you knew getting with a bouncer that there were gonna be drunk chicks in his face every night” Amber took a pull of her smoke and watched her friends face. “ Listen yall been going out for a month, maybe its time to put some of that latin love on him, and no other chick can hold a flame to ya mucho caliente” Trisha laughed , smacking her friend on the arm.
“ Your right A, By the way you looking kinda cute in that skirt and coat miss... Trying to bag you a boy?” teased Trish, reapplying her lip gloss.
“ Hahaha you know it babe. Now come on Im thirsty as hell, lets get me a drink” Making there way inside to the warmer bar and found the seats.
“ We are in the back at a booth. Alex is holding our seats.” Amber smiled at her gay friends name. Alex was her and Trisha’s male gay best friend. As they wove in and out of the people , Trisha saw David and took a beeline over to him. Not to be rude Amber followed to say hello and order a drink as well.
“ Hey David” Amber said as Her friend wrapped her arms around her bouncer and gave him a peck on the cheek
“Hey A, How are you girl” Pulling his shoulder length red hair back and smiled, flashing a row of perfect white teeth. David was a sweetheart in every sense of the word. The 6 foot 3 lacrosse toned, built like a house body could be scary in the felid and to a drunk asshole who thought it was cute to grope females. Actually, that was how he and T had met. She was out with her friends and a bunch of guys had tried to push up on her; and david damn near broke there necks throwing them out.
“ Been living ya already know” Amber answered flagging the bartenders eye and ordered a SoCo on the rocks. Hey it had been a hard week. David chuckled and whispered in Trisha’s ear making her laugh. there was no sign of the girl who had made her see red, and amber took her drink and walked away from the two and made her way to the back of the bar. Alex was sitting in the booth nuzzling a boy with straight black hair.
“ Room for one more” Amber cooed as she took of her coat. Alex immediately looked up and smiled. The boy who had been kissing up on him was Jin an ungodly sexy Japanese boy who worked with Alex at the music company. They had been together for 6 months now and made beautiful music.
“ Hey baby” Alex got up and gave Amber a kiss on the cheek and placed her drink on the table.“How was your shoot?”
“Ugh long as hell but glad to be here, this drink is much needed.” Taking a sip of her drink savoring the sweet sting and burn as she swallowed “ Hola Jin, how are you pumpkin?” Jin looked like a a hollywood assassin, long and lean but dangerous like a panther. Deep brown almond eyes and thick pink lips ... god if she would have been born a boy , straight or not she would have broke off a piece of that real quick.
“ Im good. This one had me up last night and now out again tonight” laughing Amber threw a teasing look at her friend “ Umm humm bet ya’ll were making sweet sweet music too” Laughing Jin took a swig of his beer.
The music in the bar was nice, not really dancing music but once 1130 hit they real dance music would come on and people with enough liquid courage would get up and get down.
“ So Chicka did the other one calm down?” Asked alex taking a quick sip of his Mai Tai
“ Oh yeah, found her outside cussing up a storm, but its seems to have passed” Looking around the bar , it was actually a nice turn out, usually there were way too many woman and not enough men but tonight the men had come out and they weren't bad to look at . hearing whispered behind her head she turned to se Alex and Jin looking at her
“ What?” Amber asked in a high pitch girly voice reserved for Alex.
“ Nothing just watching you prowl” sticking her tongue out at them. It had been 4 years since her last real relationship and a year since she had last had sex. Make out sessions in dark bar corners or frenzied groping in transit had become her form of sustenance. like trading a burger for tofu. It kept you full, but the need for some meat was always there.
“ Listen, between you and Jinny and T and David theres more than enough love in the air to get me pregnant” That made the table crack up with laughter.
The night continued, drink after drink, song after song until all three of use where drunk and falling all over ourselves.
" Listen my beauties" Amber said, her voice slurred but her words clear. " Time for me to head home"
" Nooo" Trishas voice high and filled with giggles , her arms wrapped around David.
" David don't you still have to close?" Asked Alex, sugaring his left hand into the back pocket of his samurai. Jins hair had come out brushing his shoulders his faced colored by too much beer.
" Nope my dads the owner remember, I'll just let Paulo lock up"
" Leave it to the mexicans" Trish said cracking up at her own joke.
As Amber looked around at her friends she was happy. Happy for her friends happiness. Sighing she reached into her pocket and pulled out her cab fare.
" I'll call ya in the morning… at a decent hour" Blowing a kiss to her friends she hopped into a cab and headed home

****