Fake a Heartbreak

o19. Love Like Violence

Viktoria's POV

Tears and blood ran down my face faster, trailing down my cheek and nose and falling to my shirt, staining it with Gray and red. I ran into the biggest stall at the end, slamming the door behind me and flipping the lock and falling to the floor, my back against the wall. I was such a emotional nightmare at the moment. Fear, anger, surprise. Lashawna actually stood up for me. I grabbed some toilet paper from the roll beside me and began cleaning up my face, I tossed the dirty toilet paper into the open toilet. Grabbing more and blowing my nose, trying to rid it of blood. I was startled by the sound of the bathroom door opening and slamming to a close, I pressed my body closer against the wall and held my breath. High heals clapped against the tile floor, nearing the stall I was in.

"Vikki?" Lashawna's voice called out. I accidentally let a quiet sob escape my lips.

"Vikki?" She called out again, compassion and worry flooded her once harsh voice.

"What?" I choked out, sounding a little more harsh than I meant.

"Let me in VIkki." She requested. I looked at the lock on the stall door, lifting myself up enough to unlock it. As soon as the lock clicked I returned to my position against the tile wall, pulling my knee's back up to my face. Lashawna stepped in and closed the stall door, returning it to it's locked position and sitting down next to me.

"I'm sorry I didn't come earlier..." She said with regret in her voice. "I should have known something was going on..." She continued, taking a piece of my black hair between her fingers, playing with it a little.

I let out another sob, still trying to silence my pathetic cries. I felt her arms wrap around me and pull me against her. She held me close against her chest, resting her chin on my head. I wrapped my arms around her waist, savoring the contact. We sat there in silence for a little. Her fingers kept a steady pace through my hair, her fingers flowing through the strands perfectly. She has never been this compassionate towards me. I used to feel like I had to constantly run from her, but now I run to her. She excited me and scares the shit out of me at the same time. She's the perfect mix of anger and beauty, fire and water, good and evil.

My breathing regulated as I stopped crying and began to focus on listening to her heartbeat. I tried to match her breathing with mine, doing this made me feel like we were meant to breath for each other, with each other. She pressed a kiss against my exposed neck, causing my heart to jolt in my chest. These are the moments I take to heart, I know they won't last long...but they are worth it.

I pressed myself closer against her as the bell rang, signaling that it was time for 3rd period.

"Come on Vikki, let's go." Lashawna said, letting me go and helping me out, walking out of the bathroom with me, causing a group of students to laugh at us knowingly.