Fake a Heartbreak

o20. Come, Come to the Forest

Lashawna's POV

"SHAWNA!" I turned around abruptly when I heard my name being called by Alainia. She was standing outside the cafeteria doors, her arms crossed and her stance rigid. I sighed and stopped walking once I reached her side.

"What?" I asked, trying to put as much attitude into the question as possible.

"What the fuck is that about, huh?" She asked angrily. I rolled my eyes at her.

"I'm just doing my job Alainia! If I wasn't, then how the hell am I to convince that girl that I care about her?! Huh?!" Alainia scoffed and flipped her hair behind her shoulders.

"I don't know, Shawna." She replied, knowing that I had won this fight.

"There is no other way." I said, clenching my fists and turning away from her. Continuing my deep thinking walk, I found myself outside the school, walking across the small green field to Vikki and her few friends. The emo group was all they were to us, they're always traveling in packs, never with any other pack. Vikki was the only one I've ever seen travel away from the pack. I stood next to a tree far from their lunch spot, and watched. Vikki was curled against the tree with the others circling around her. The boys were making angry gestures, their hands up and shouting loudly. I watched Vikki cringe from the loud volume and the other females comforting her. Tears ran down her pale cheeks, making me lick my lips. She looked beautiful when she was sad. I felt hungry...for something that I couldn't quite name. The problem was, I was looking at a girl, growing hungrier and hungrier the longer I stared at her.

I ran a finger through my hair and breathed heavily. What the fuck is up with me?

"Vikki, wait!" I heard one of the girls call out from near the emo lunch spot. I glanced up quickly, and saw Vikki running from her group and into the forest behind the school. With a single glance at her friends, I began running towards the woods, chasing her down like a reflex.

"VIKKI!" I called out to her, hearing nothing but the sound of birds and my heels digging into the dirt.

"Vikki!" I called out again, admiring the view of the forest around me. Suddenly I heard a loud sob coming from my right. I stumbled through a group of bushes, not caring about the inevitable stains on my new clothes. I came to a small clearing with a small creek running through the open grass.

"Vikki?" I called out, seeing her slumped over body sitting on a rock, hanging over the creek.

"L-Lashawna?"
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what do ya think guys?
Any idea's/complaints?