Fake a Heartbreak

o22. Pain

Lashawna's POV

A coy smirk played it's way across my face as I leaned against the stop sign across the street from the school. I'd skipped school, specifically after lunch. Vikki was on my mind the whole 15 minutes that I had spent in school after lunch and it was irritating the fuck out of me! Excusing myself from class, I left the school with my purse and spent the next 40 minutes waiting for school to end. I yawned and listened to my iPod, waiting and waiting. Jesus, I was missing that fucking emo chick already! I let out a moan of anger and desperation. I began devising a plan to get Vikki out of school so that I wouldn't have to wait for three more hours. Quickly, I went through all the options in my head, some idea's require too much and some idea's required some deep shit, but one idea was absolutely perfect!

"Amar," I whispered, breaking into a grin and fetching out my phone, dialing his number and pressing call.

"Hola?" He answered, his Spanish accent leaking over the phone.

"Amar, baby! I need your help, you got time?" I asked, causing him to let out a happy laugh.

"Greek Princess! I haven't heard from your sweet ass in a while! How you doin?" He asked.

"Great, better than ever, do you have the time?" I asked, repeating my question.

"Si, Si, Senora, why?" He asked. Amar was always my go-to guy, anything that I needed done...he was the guy to call.

"Can you call the school and sign out Viktoria Vance, tell them that her mom is waiting for her out in the front." I explained. There was a silence on both ends as I waited for his reply.

"Si." Was all he said before he hung up. I walked across the street, hiding behind the tree across the street from the school. It took about 20 minutes of waiting until Vikki finally emerged from the school doors in her black coat. Her head was hanging low and her shoes dragging on the concrete. She continued walking before crossing the street and sitting on the grass about 10 feet away from the large tree I was hiding behind. Perfect for an ambush. I sneaked out from behind the tree, the long grass concealing the noise from my shoes. I quietly snuck up behind her, stretching my arms out and wrapping them around her in one swift moment. She gasped loudly and pushed against me, escaping my grasp before jumping up to her feet and turning to look at me, her eyes wide and her mouth a little over a little. I burst out laughing and stood up, walking over to her and wrapping her arms around her in sympathy.

"Oh poor Vikki, I'm sorry." I said in her ear, still laughing a little. She pulled away from me looking at me confused.

"What are you doing out here?" She asked with an eyebrow raised.

"I skipped." I said with a grin causing her to smile. She sat back down on the grass and I sat behind her as her eyes averted to the road, probably wondering where her mother was. I decided that while she was distracted that maybe I should get another good laugh in. I closed the space between us again, grabbing her shoulders and shaking her a little, causing her to gasp and throw her elbow back, causing it to collide with my stomach in a painful blow. I clutched my stomach in pain, the anger level growing out of control in my body. She laughed a little, apologizing over and over as she turned to look at me.

"VIKKI." I growled in anger as the darker side of me boiled back up to the surface. I tackled her to the ground, her stomach and face hitting the ground as I crawled on top of her. I pressed my knee into her back, grabbing her arms and bending them back.

"OUCH! P-Please, stop!" She cried out as I bent her arms back further. I was more like my father than I ever knew, I've never seen this much of him in me before.

"OW, STOP IT! LASHAWNA STOP!" She yelled out from under me, I didn't listen. Her eyes began to water as she clenched her eyes shut, trying to ignore the pain I was causing her.

"Please, s-stop hurting me..." Vikki pleaded, letting a stray tear fall down her pale cheek. My eyes followed the tear, suddenly breaking me out of my blind rage.

"I'm sorry!" I yelled as I let go, backing away from her. Vikki didn't even make eye contact with me before standing up and running off down the street. I remember my mother saying those words...I'm sorry! But my father would never listen...those words meant nothing to him..

"Oh my god..." I whispered as guilt and pain took over me. What the fuck did I do?