Fake a Heartbreak

oo7. Innocent

Viktoria's POV

I sat at the back table, alone. I pulled out my sketch pad, flipping it open to a fresh page. I pulled out my mechanical pencil and tapped it against the fresh piece of white paper thoughtfully as my eyes scanned the room. I observed all the other people sitting in the lunchroom with their friends.

Why couldn't I have that?
Why couldn't I have her?

I sighed and looked at my sketchpad once again. Finally I decided to draw one of my favorite cartoon characters until something slammed onto the table directly across from me. I jumped, accidentally dragging my pencil harshly across my art, totally messing up the picture I was working on. I looked up and saw Lashawna grinning sexily.

"Oh, I'm sorry!" She said when she finally noticed that she made me mess up the picture I was working on.

"Don't worry about it." I said to her, trying to keep the tone of disappointment out of my voice. She sat down next to me and placed her hand on my back.

"Are we still going to your house after school?" She asked me.

"Yeah!" I said with a smile. Wait, why is she being so nice to me? Since when does she notice me? This has to be some kind of trick, I hope not. The ten minute bell rang and I closed my sketchbook and placed it into my messenger bag.

"So I'll see you then?" Lashawna asked.

"Yeah." I replied. She smiled so big that it almost looked fake, raising my suspicion even higher. She pulled me into a hug, I felt a wave of warmth surge through my body as her perfect body pressed against mine. When she pulled away she was still smiling, not as fake though.

"Bye." She said and walked off with her large group of friends.