Status: Just starting out, tell me what you think!:3

Happiness Doesn't Come in an XL

3:10-Jedidiah

Both parents away on business, only child who hates his parents: heaven. All alone in my huge house. Perfect. In a peaceful state, I can finally relax.

The relationship between me and my parents can only be described as, well, roommates, and bad ones at that. We live in the same house, but we hate each other. Every day I pray that I'll be able to free myself from this relationship, and be on my own, happy. Be where I'm accepted, and not where I'm hated.

They don't let me sing, which I find to be their worst quality. When I'm in times of pain, I sing. I sing my heart out. Music can capture what my heart wants to say. And today, I can fill my huge house with its words. Pain slipping from my soul, I can feel happiness creeping in.

"This day went from hell to heaven."

The truth. Singing and twirling, alone. I'm free to do what I please with no judgement. Lovely.

*Ring. Ring. Ring.*
"That's weird, no one calls me."
"Hello, Jedidiah?"
"Yes, who is this, may I ask?"
"It's Mrs. Aaron, Justice's mom."
"Oh, hi Mrs. Justice! What do I owe this call to, if I may inquire?"
"I'm not sure how to say this..." she stops to sob. "It's Justice, she...she, um, tried to kill herself..."

Have you ever felt truly empty? The moment I heard those words, every feeling I've ever had left me. The only one left was worry.

"Um...uh, what? Is, is she alright, I mean is she still alive?" I pull myself to make the statement through my cries.
"She's still here, barely, but still here."
"Mrs. Aaron, I know it's a lot to ask, but could you take me to the hospital? I need to be there with her, and my parents are out of town."
"Of course, Jed, of course."
And with that, she hung up.

Then, I cried. No, I mourned. It was the worst moment in my entire life. My best friend tried to kill herself. That moment, I wanted to die.

"This day just went from heaven to far beyond hell."
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this chapter really captures Jed and Just's relationship(: as well as explaining Jed's family life
Jed is amazing<3