Not Much Goes On In Minnesota

So... Long... So... Boring...

Adrienne walked back into her room, rubbing her hair with a towel. Billie Joe was curled up on the bed with his hair covering his face. She squeezed through the foot wide space between the foot of her bed and the wall.
"Damn, this room is small," she said to herself. Opening her drawers, she took out her clothes for the day. She turned around and saw Billie looking at her though his hair.
"Hello Billie," she smiled at him.
He groggily smiled back and saluted her.
"Where'r you going?" he slurred, still trying to wake up.
"Nowhere right now. I've got class at 11:30, but it's only nine now." She sat on the edge of the bed to tie her beat-up Converse. Billie sat up and scratched his bare chest.
"You're gonna be gone?"
"Yeah, I've got class from 11:30 to about 1:30 and one from 2:45 to four," she said putting on earrings. Looking in the mirror above her dresser, she decided against them and took them out. Billie laughed at her indecisiveness.
"Don't laugh," she said putting in another pair. "Hey, do you wanna come?"
"Where?" Billie said pushing his hair off his face.
"School," she said, sitting next to him. When he gave her a what-the-fuck-do-you-take-me-for look, he said, "Oh, come on. You don't have to do anything. Plus, do you really want to hang around here all day?"
"Yeah, I guess you're right. If I'd known you'd be doing school the whole time, I would have called before I just showed."
"No, no, no," she said, gently touching his nose. "Today's Thursday, right? I don't have anything tomorrow or Monday, and I only have one class on Wednesday. So we'll have plenty of time to do stuff together."
"Okay," he nodded, pausing to think before he said, "I guess I'll go with you. If it's okay and everything."
"Yeah, people who aren't in the class go all the time. People's kids and stuff.
Billie nodded again.
"It's at what time again? Eleven something?"
"Eleven thirty."
Billie sighed. Adrienne gave him a concerned look. He shook his head.
"Tired, that's all," he said.
Adrienne smiled at him. "Well, get ready and we can get food or something."

***
"I didn't realize college classes were so long," Billie said as he and Adrienne walked across the quad to her car.
"Yeah," she giggled. "They're not 50 minutes, like in high school."
"So that's how long high school periods last..." Billie said wistfully.
"Uh, yeah, dumbass," she laughed.
"Psh, I don't know how long they were. I wasn't really ever there." he laughed.
"Yeah, and when you were, you were stoned out of your mind." She laughed too.
They walked on silently until Billie suddenly grabbed her arm.
"You said you don't have anything tomorrow or Monday, right?"
"Um, yeah," she said, trying to figure out what the fuck he was getting to.
"So you don't have to work?"
"Oh, shit," she said, smacking her forehead. "Ahh. God. I don't want to work when you're here." She sighed.
"You hate work," Billie said, sliding his arm around her waist.
"Hate doesn't even begin to tell how I feel towards it."
"I've never even been into a Pier 1," he laughed. "What is it, you know, what's there?"
"Oh, just a bunch of wicker shit. Glass wares, that kind of stuff. It pretty much blows."
"When do you have to go in next?" he asked.
"I'm supposed to go in Sunday. Then Tuesday through Thursday. Oh, I don't wanna. Let's stop by on the way home and see if I can get anyone to switch with me."
"Okay," he said, kissing her temple.