Angel

I knew it was going to happen

The room is dark, with posters on all the walls of various bands. In the middle of the floor is kneeling one of the most beautiful girls I’ve ever seen in my life. She’s stunning but I know what she’s going to do. She picks up the gun, there’s a bang I know it was going to happen, of course I knew!!! But it was still a shock, it always is. She lays on the floor her long black hair covers the fatal wound. From the side I see her from she looks like she could be sleeping just very lightly. Apart from the flecks of crimson blood that are lightly splattered across her cheeks looking almost like tears. She is at peace, you can see a faint smile on her lips… she is still holding the pen she wrote her final words with.
It’s a hot day, the room though feels cold and almost dead. She is beautiful but at the same time she repulses me, she took everything from her friend and family and yet she is smiling. It is almost mocking as if she has just see the last sick joke in her life or like a child that knows it has done bad. Her hair is starting to get covered in blood turning a dark red just on one side. The CD she was listening to is still on “ Wow do I really look like that I thought I’d be more … more … well dead but I could be sleeping couldn’t I ? “ the girl looks at me and smiles , she is wearing her small black dress I clear my throat and for us the silence shatters into small shards of glass thought , of course, no one else will be able to here this convocation apart from us.
“What was your name” I ask her gently.
She pushes the hair behind her ears and smiles “my name was Sally… is it not any more“ she looks confused I smile and look apologetically at her .
“I am sorry sally, yes that still is your name you know, I am hoping, that you are dead?” I say softly , she giggles and then when it is my turn to look confused she explains.
“Sorry I just found that amusing because , well as I’m sure you can see that was the main motif of this and I just found it funny …. sick sense of humor I hope you don’t mind.”
I’m starting to like this girl more … well this is unusual I’m not used to this , my curiosity suddenly gets the better of me and I blurt out
“So why did you kill yourself? “…. There is a silence oh dear, that was not a very angelic thing for me to do and not very polite ether. I look at the girl she is silent for a minute and then
“I’m very sorry err… I don’t know your name, but that is something I would rather I kept to myself”
“My name is Zack. “
“Well then Zack now that you have asked your question I would like to ask mine ….. What happens now? “
I smile and hold out my hand, she takes it and we walk out of the room and into the air, leaving the cold , death and hopelessness behind us. I didn’t know what was going to happen but it would be interesting to say the least.
♠ ♠ ♠
listen to: scary kids searing kids watch me bleed