Status: still writing this(:

Let's Get This Party Started

Eleven. Yes, Chapter Eleven.

Alex’s Point of View:
So it was a fairly good weekend. Jack and I got permission from our parents to date, and we told each other how we felt. It was now Monday and we has decided last night that we wanted to be open about our relationship. Sure, it was going to be nerve wrecking, but Jack was super popular, and I don’t think people would really care.
~~~~~~
“So let’s tell Rian and Zack first then?” I said.
“Well, yeah, we can.” He said nervously.
“If you don’t want to, we don’t have to.”
“Well, Alex to be honest, let’s tell them and see how it goes before we tell everyone else.”
“Alright.” I started, a little confused. “Why do you care so much? People love you, and adore you. One this wont make them hate you, and if it does they aren’t worth it.”
“Alex, please?”
“Fine.” I grumbled. We were supposed to meet Rian and Zack at Starbucks before school and tell them.
As we got out of the car and started down the street to the café Jack tried to hold my hand, but I put my hands in my hoodie.
“Please don’t do this Alex, we will tell people soon, I promise.” He looked at me, and I kept my face straight, but I could tell his eyes were pleading with me.
I didn’t say anything.
“Alex, stop walking and look at me.”
I kept walking, so he pulled me back and kissed me on the lips in the middle of the sidewalk. There weren’t many, but there were still some people around, and I could tell their eyes were on us.
“Look, Alex. I’m nervous, and to be honest, it is because I don’t know what people will think. What if Rian and Zack don’t want to hang out with us? I don’t want to lose my friends, but if it is really that important to you, we can say it whenever you like. I love you, Alex. Remember? I’ll do anything for you.”
“Jack, I just, well, I just can’t lie. I’ve lived in lies my whole life, and I don’t know. You’ve kinda made me come out of my shell. Back when Steph was around, I never went out, I was never social. You helped me. I want you to understand that, I wasn’t the most well-known person, I could always care less what the hell others think.”
“I know, and I should be more like you, because here, I’m worried about my image, and you’re over there, being honest, and I don’t deserve someone like you Alex.”
“Bullshit, Jack Bassam Barakat. I’m not hearing any of this, you’ve been wonderful to me, and I love you too.”
I kissed his cheek, and we then joined hands and walked down to Starbucks where Rian and Zack were both finishing up what looked like the remains of a muffin, and some banana bread.
I slipped my hand out of Jack’s and he understood why and looked ahead.
“Hey guys, we have to talk to you.” I said, getting straight to the point.
“Alright.” Said Rian.
“Well, Jack and I, are, well, we’re going out.”
I left out the part where we loved each other. Sure, we hadn’t been going out for all that long, but it was instant love, and I don’t take back saying it.
“Oh.” Said Zack, definitely not expecting that.
Jack and I took turns explaining things, and answering any questions they had, and then it got quite.
“Well,” Rian began, thank god he broke the silence, “I’m not going to lie, it’ll take some time getting used to, but you two are my friends, and I accept it.
“Zack?” Jack asked.
“Uh, well, I guess it’s fine, it’s weird.”
“What the fuck man?” Jack shouted, a little too loudly.
“I don’t know, like I’m okay with it, I suppose, but don’t fucking kiss and shit in front of me.”
“We weren’t really going to, man. There’s no need to be a jackass though.” He said, glaring.
“Sorry man, I just didn’t see it coming, it’s not weird, I take it back. it just wasn’t expected.”
“It’s cool, seriously.” I said, hopefully ending this once and for all.
“We gotta head to school, come on Alex.”
“See you guys at school.” I said, giving them one last glance, they waved.
~~~
“Jack, calm the fuck down. Your not going to school like this.” I said grabbing Jack’s wrist pulling him back.
“I’m just angry, I told you.”
“He accepted us Jack. Not as well as Rian, but he fucking accepted us. What the hell is your problem?”
“He didn’t have to act the way he did.”
“Do you know understand that he didn’t have to accept the fact that we were dating at all? He didn’t have to. He did! What don’t you understand?”
“I’m just,” He started, calming down a little, “It’s not necessarily Zack, and I feel bad for flipping out on him, but what if other don’t accept us well either?”
“Is that really what matters to you?” I said. “If that’s all you care about, there’s no point in continuing this whatever it is, because it seems like your image is more important to you than I am.” I turned around and walked in the direction of school.
“Alex, wait!” He called.
No way was I turning around.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, this is leading up to something, that I'm going to write now. I was thinking of adding it on, but it didnt fit. So I'm going to actually write the next chapter tonight after I get back from the movies. I'm going to see Water for Elephants.. I'll tell you guys what I think :) Thanks for reading!