Status: still writing this(:

Let's Get This Party Started

twenty.three

THREE WEEKS LATER:

Alex's Thoughts:

It's been two weeks since I'd last talked to Jack. The first week he called and I'd answer but he always managed to say something that pissed me off. After that He'd made a few attempts to call but he soon figured out that I wasn't going to answer. Stephanie also came back. She was so pretty. Well, she was always pretty but now she was prettier than before. She wanted to go back to being a couple, and without Jack there, what was I supposed to say? Jack figured I'd pick her anyways.

School was close to ending, but since it wasn't out yet so I'd seen Jack walking in the halls. He sometimes noticed me, other times he hadn't. One thing I did notice is he was wearing the bracelet. I scoffed at this. He had the nerve to say the things he did and wear that? That was pretty much a symbol of our relationship, I guess. It was over.

Also, people thought it was weird. We were probably the best couple I'm school, and now we aren't. I guess people soon realized Steph was back and since we were a couple before...

I didnt really know what to think. Jack, did I still love him? I couldn't be sure.

"Lex, what are you thinking about?"

"I don't know. Just everything." I said to Stephanie.

We'd gotten back into the routine of dating, and whenever I did see Jack and he saw me and Steph I could see the hurt in his eyes.

"Well, quit thinking for one sec and hear me out, kay?"

"Alright, babe." I smiled. No matter how I felt she did make me feel good. She made me smile.

"So, you know how your mom's wedding is this Saturday?"

"Yeah.." I said, not really knowing where this was going.

"Well, my parents want to go.."

"Oh, Uhm yeah that would be fine."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

Maybe it doesn't seem like a big deal to anyone, but her parents are the most critical people around. They hadn't really even accepted me. I don't know why they would want to go, but whatever.

"Awesome, this is why I love you." She briefly kissed me on the lips.

We had gone to Noodles & Company and had some lunch and then we were going to the National Aquarium to visit the Jellyfish invasion exhibit.

"Ready?" I asked her.

"Yep."

We both got up headed out the door towards the museum.

That night..

"I had a lot of fun tonight, Lexy." Stephanie said and kissed my cheek.

"That's good." Was all I said.

We were walking back from the museum and we decided to take the long way, and we ran into none other than Jack.

"Jack Barakat?" Steph asked, excitedly.

"Yep. The one and only."

"Oh, god I missed you!"

She ran up and hugged him. I felt jealous but I could figure out why. If it was because my girlfriend cheated on me with him, the fact that he was giving her a hug, or that I wasn't the one in his arms.

"How ya doin' kiddo?" he asked her.

"Great. I'm so glad to be back in Baltimore, especially with Alex here." she beamed at me and Jack shot me a sad glance.

"That's good."

"Oh cool bracelet, where did you buy that?" she asked with interest.

Why do you have to fucking bring up the bracelet?

"Oh, Uhmm." he began and gave me a devil like grin. Asshole. "This one person I used to go out with. We were in love." He had a hint of a small smile.

"Awhh! What happened?"

"I fucked it up."

"How?"

ENOUGH WITH THE FUCKING QUESTIONS!

"I don't know, jealously?"

"I'm sorry. What was her name? Maybe I know her."

"Alex."

What the fuck?

"Wait..Alex York?"

"Nah. It isn't important."

"Oh." her cheeks flushed slightly.

"Well, you two should get going, I'll catch up with you two later."

"Bye Jack!"

She already passed but Jack and I stood and looked in each others eyes for a moment. The still loved me, I could see it in his eyes. I could tell, we both wanted to say something, but the moment passed and we walked our opposite ways filling ourselves with regret.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but I don't have time today. I did decide to update though because I promised someone ;) you know who you are. Haha. Anyways. Hope you like it. Even tho it's a little sad.

Uhmm. What do you think of Steph? Want her gone, or stay for jealousy?