‹ Prequel: Never Ever Again

Maybe Just Once More

All Fired Up

Oli had text me, and we agreed to meet up in an hour.Zach was up and dressed, and then I did the same.I pulled on my shoes,picked up my bag,and unlocked the car for Zach to get in. I closed the front door behind me,locked it, and got into the driver's seat.

It was a strangely warm,sunny day and so we agreed to meet at the park.I pulled up into one of the parking spaces,and took a deep breath.

"Ready?" I asked Zach,and also myself mentally.

He nodded excitedly and I nodded.We got out and slammed the doors behind us.I got the car locked, and dropped the keys into my bag,before setting off in the direction of the swings.As we got closer, Oli came into view.He was looking in the opposite direction though, and hadn't seen us yet.Each step closer I took, made my nerves go wild.We finally reached Oli, and I coughed to get his attention.He spun round looking surprised,but regained his composure again.

"Jess." He said, and offered a small smile. I nodded in return,with a weak smile.

"Can we go play?" Zach asked, as he tugged on my hand.

I looked up at Oli who seemed to be happy with playing with Zach for a while.I turned back to Zach and said yes. We followed as he happily ran to where the big swings,slides and climbing bars were.

We sat down on one of the metal benches and began to talk.I checked on Zach a few times while we talked,but once I noticed he was okay, I carried on talking.

"Dad! Dad!" One of the children shouted, and both Oli and I watched, as the child's dad lifted his son up in his arms and tended to his grazed knee.

I looked away feeling utterly guilty, as I prevented Zach having that relationship with Oli.Oli noticed and put his hand on my knee.

"Smile Jess." He grinned, to which I returned with a small smile.

"Mummy?" Zach asked,dragging out the '-y'. when he appeared beside me.

"Yes?" I asked suspiciously, smirking at him.

"Can I have ice-cream?" He smiled and Oli laughed.

"Fine." I smiled and Zach cheered.

"What about you daddy?" He asked, and my breath caught in my throat,making me cough and choke.

"Mummy?" Zach asked in a panic.

"She'll be okay." Oli reassured him,while hitting my back.

I recovered quickly and Zach was happy.

"Let's go get 'is ice-cream,yeh?" Oli said, and the three of us got up and headed off down the town...
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit:The Saturdays
All Fired Up

Coment/Subscribe?

Thank you! :)

Bekah
xxx