‹ Prequel: Never Ever Again

Maybe Just Once More

Called Out In The Dark

"Thank you!" Zach smiled, as we left the shop with his ice-cream.

"No problem,lil man." Oli replied and ruffled up his hair.

We began to walk back to the park,when Oli's phone began to ring in his back pocket.

"Sorreh." He apologized,before answering it."Ello?... What,now?... But i'm out.... Fine...Alrigh' then...Bye."

He hung up, and shoved the phone back into his pocket.

I looked at him as if to say 'what was that about?'

He realized and began to tell me.

"Matteh 's bringin' Emily round teh my new flat now.Yeh can come if yeh like?" He suggested.

"No,it's fine.We can just go." I replied,until zach protested strongly.

"I want to see Emily!" He complained and I sighed.

"Yeh can come back if yeh want teh." Oli smiled.

They both looked up at me,waiting for my final verdict on the situation.

"Fine.But only for a little while." I gave in, and Zach began to cheer.

"Let's go then mummy!" Zach insisted.

The three of us walked back through the park,enjoying the warm sunshine.

"Are yeh comin' in my car or...?" Oli asked.

"I'll take my car and just follow you." I told him and he nodded.

We got into our cars,and started our little journey to Oli's flat,where Emily and Matt were waiting.

*****

"Emily!?" Zach shouted, as soon as Oli opened the door,causing both Oli and I to laugh.

We walked into the flat and saw Matt sitting on the sofa,talking to Zach,which caused me to smile slightly.

"Uncle Oli!" Emily shouted,as she catapulted herself into his arms.

"'Ey miss!" Oli smiled and lifted her up into the air.

Once Oli put her down she turned round to me.

"Hey miss." She said, as she usually did in school.

"Hello Emily.Call me Jess,love." I smiled and she nodded with a big smile on her little face.

"Jess." Matt greeted me with a nod.

"Hi Matt." I smiled.

"Take a seat, Jess." Oli offered,pointing to the sofa.

"Thanks."I said and sat down,admiring his flat at the same time.

"Coffee?" He asked and I smiled at him.

"I don't even know why I asked." He laughed as he walked into the kitchen area.

And so I sat chatting to Oli and Matt for the afternoon,while Zach and Emily played together in one of the spare rooms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Snow Patrol :D
Called Out In The Dark

Thanks for reading/subscribing/commenting :)

Feedback?
Bekah
xxx