‹ Prequel: Never Ever Again

Maybe Just Once More

Post Break-Up Sex

Brilliant. Just. fucking. Brilliant.

Each stick had some form of a positive symbol that I hated. I shook my head and decided I'd just go to bed, and worry about it in the morning. And so for one last time,I pretended nothing was wrong.

*****

Carol had brought Zach back, and we were getting ready to leave and go home when there was a knock on the door.I got off the bed and opened the door.There stood Matt Tuck. He smiled slightly and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Hey Jess." He said.

I told Zach I'd be back in a minute and stood outside the room with him.I'd decided that after the mess surrounding my first pregnancy, that I'd just tell him straight away.

"Matt I need to tell you something." I said simply.

"Uh yeah,okay?" He said confused.

"I'm pregnant.It's yours." I said.

It was his facial expression that shocked me most though. He was shocked, but his face held a smile.

"So where does that leave us?" He asked hopefully.

"I don't know Matt.I really don't know..." I trailed off.

"Well I'll be the best dad ever! I can promise you that!I'll do whatever it takes to be a part of my baby's life, and yours too." He said the last few words quietly." I'll see you soon Jess."

He kissed my cheek and walked away. I stood there,trying to register in my head what had just happened.

I let myself back into the room and once we had everything together,we pulled the suitcase down the hall and into the lift.We checked out and headed for the car. As I opened the boot and put the suitcase in, Zach stood beside me with a piece of paper.

"What's that?" I asked, as I pulled down the boot door.

"I dunno." He said and I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"Give me it." I laughed.

I unfolded it.Scrawled onto it was 'I promise! I'll see you soon!" in Matt's handwriting.

I sighed, and both Zach and I got in the car,ready to go home.

"Mummy?" Zach asked.

"Yes,love?" I replied.

"Why don't you love daddy?" He asked and I chocked on my own breath.

"What?!" I asked.

"Why do you not love daddy?"He repeated.

"I do love daddy." I told him.

"Why don't we live in daddy's house. Why does daddy have a girlfriend?"

"I love daddy Zach,we're friends."

"Just friends?" He asked,sounding deflated.

"Yes Zach." I sighed, "Just friends."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: The Vaccines

Comment/subscribe?

Bekah
xxx