‹ Prequel: Never Ever Again

Maybe Just Once More

No One

A few days later, and I had come home with the baby. Zach seemed happy to have a new sister at first, but then as expected he got jealous of the attention she was getting. We'd decided on the name Lucy Ann Sykes. And she was a typical baby. She woke up every hour or two even at night and cried or else slept.

Oli's family called round to mine to see her without warning, so I looked just as tired as I felt. Oli was being really great,helping me with everything, as I still needed to be careful of my stomach. It hurt to even walk, so I couldn't stretch up or bend down to get anything.

I sat on the sofa in the living room, and began to breastfeed Lucy, again might i add, when there was a knock on the door. Oli sighed and went to answer it.

Before I had a chance to cover myself, Matty,Jona and Tom piled in to the room. Matty whistled and I glared in response. Oli quickly covered me with a blanket and I smiled at him in thanks. He then picked up a cushion and threw it at Matty.

"'Ey, wanker!" Matty exclaimed.

"Language!" I scolded.

"Uncle Matt! Uncle Jona! Uncle Tom!" Zach shouted as he ran into the living room.

"Ey big man!" Jona said and ruffled Zach's hair.

"Uncle Matt!" Zach asked.

"Yeah?"

"Will you come up and play Lego with me?"

"Yeah,sure thing buddy."

"See you later mummy!" Zach said happily, and left the room with Matty in tow.

"So how're you feeling Jess?" Tom asked.

"Exhausted.When she goes to sleep, I get time to have a quick shower or iron a few bits of clothes before she starts to cry again."

"Sounds like great fun." Jona grinned and I pretended to glare at him.

"Yeah it's great." I replied.

"Anyone want tea?" Oli asked as he got up from the arm of the sofa.

"You've got him well trained, Jess!" Tom smiled and Oli flipped him off.

"Yes or no?" He said.

"Yeah please." Tom said.

"I'm alright, thanks mate." Jona said.

"Jess?" Oli asked and I nodded.

"Yes please."

I felt Lucy stop tugging and looked down.She had begun to doze off beside my breast, so I had to get Oli to help pick her up,so I could cover myself.

"Tom?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah?" He replied quietly too, although he didn't know why

"Could you get Oli to come here for a second?" I whispered.

"Yeah sure." He said, and quietly left the room.

When they finally returned, Oli came over looking confused.

"Lucy fell asleep and i can't get up." I whispered.

A look of understanding flashed across his face and he looked down at Lucy, smiling. He gently picked her up and carried her upstairs to our room. I turned on the baby monitor and left it on the arm of the sofa.A few minutes later and Oli had returned.

"So what'd I miss?" He asked.

"Nothing." Jona said plainly and I laughed.

"Want to stick on a film?" Oli asked and we all agreed on watching 'The Inbetweeners', my favourite film ever.

That being said, however, I began to feel sleepy, and so I cuddled up into Oli. He put his arms around me and I rested my head on his chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Maverick Sabre

Comment/ Subscribe? :)

Not many chapters left!

Oli or Matt?

Bekah
xxx