Sequel: Call Me Professor
Status: (completed)

Colour Me Slytherin

Colour Me Slytherin -Draco Malfoy Story #15-

Colour Me Slytherin -Draco Malfoy Story #15-


You stared at Tom as you took a seat next to him on the fountain ledge, "what do ya need?" you asked, figuring he needed a favour, or someting along those lines. Or perhaps, help finding a certain class room.

Tom returned your gaze with a gentle and kind one, "we've been friends for a while now..." he started, fidgeting slightly as he started to get nervous. "Well, practically forever..."

You nodded, confirming that the two of you had been friends for a really long time.

"Alice, I love you." he started.

You stared at him completely taken off gaurd, not really sure what to say but you knew you didn't feel the same for him. You felt a crushing feeling inside your stomach, as you knew what he was gonna ask next.

"Alice, will you be my girlfriend?" he asked, taking hold of your hand, almost pleading you to say yes.

You made eye contact with him for the smallest second, and nearly felt yourself say yes. But you looked away abruptly, looking anywhere but at him. "Tom I don't know...." you muttered, wanting nothing more than to pull your hands out of his grasp, and run into your dorm room and never come out again.

Tom nodded, almost in an understanding way, "sure. I'll give you time to think it over..." he stood up almost immediately, and walked back into the school.

You sighed, greatful that he was gone, but now you had this new situation to deal with. Not quite ready to go back inside, you brought your knees up to your chest, and rested your head on your knees. This was perfect, not only will this change your relationship with Tom no matter your answer, either way, it would probably destroy your friendship in the end. There was no way you could go back to what the two of you were just brief moments before. Why did boys have to be so complicated, always ruining good friendships, because they go and fall for you.

Getting off the ledge, you felt like you had to talk to Lily about what just happened, maybe she can help you figure out what you were going to do. Gliding through the snow, you entered the school once more, and greeted the feeling of your flesh prickling at the drastic temperature change. You quickened your pace, anxious to talk to your best friend, "Pumpkin butter." you muttered, sliding through the doorway and into the Slytherin common rooms. You ignored the guys that eyed you from the couches, and made your way into the girl dorms. "Lily, open up!" you called tapping your foot impatiently.

The door opened and Lily peered at you, "whats wrong?" she asked, moving aside as you pretty much pushed your way into her room.

You turned to face her after she closed the door, "Tom asked me out.... I don't know what to do..." you said, looking at her, trying to find answers.

"Well, you say yes..." she stated shrugging her shoulders, she looked at you, and her brows furrowed slightly, "You like somebody don't you?" she asked, watching you fidget.

You stared at her, "I... don't know.." you said, you knew you had a crush on Draco Malfoy, but you didn't want to admit it. Admitting it out loud made it 100% true, and well, you weren't sure if you were ready for that just yet.

Lily stared at you, "who is it?" she asked, searching your face for any clues.

You didn't respond, still trying to deny that you liked anybody.

"Alice..." Lily said in a more demanding tone, starting to get annoyed at your lack of response.

"Draco Malfoy." you muttered, making it as inaudible as you could. You looked at Lily from the corner of your eye, she stared at you wide eyed. 'Note to self, Lily has super human hearing.'

"You like DRACO MALFOY?!" she nearly screamed at you. "I thought you hated him?!"

You shrugged at her wishing she would keep her voice down, "he isn't as bad as I thought..."

"Still A, what are you going to do? You could have Draco, who's hot, and a bit of an arse, or you could have Tom, who you've known forever, and you know he'd treat you right." she asked, crossing her arms.

You felt Lily was pushing you to Tom, and started regretting telling her you liked Draco. "Maybe..." you muttered, getting up, "I'm gonna go think about this for a bit." before she could say anything else, you were out the door, and practically out of the Slytherin common rooms. You practically ran to your dorm room, and was greatful that it was empty when you got there. 'He must be down in the great hall for dinner...' you thought to yourself, hopping up onto the ledge of the your bay window. You leaned against the stone wall behind you, and pulled out your wand, "accio guitar..." immediately after you said it, the acoustic guitar you had hidden came flying out of your expanded drawer, and into your hands.

You strummed your guitar silently, thinking about what you should do. You could try dating Tom, cause with him, you actually know he likes you. Where as Draco, he could just be playing you for a fool, just like all the other girls he's been with. You grumbled to yourself, you wanted to give Draco the benefit of the doubt. You growled in frustration, and put your guitar down. Burying your head in your hands you sighed, "come on Alice.... you gotta get over these feelings..." you mumbled to yourself, disappointed that you would be giving up so easily.

Draco walked into the dorm room, not realizing you were there. As he turned to go to the bathroom, he noticed you curled up, with your head in your hands. He furrowed his brow, "What are you doing up there?" he asked, avoiding asking what was wrong, having a feeling you probably didn't want to talk about.

"Thinking." you muttered, not moving. You were so confused. Lily was right, sure you liked Draco, but you were only attracted to him cause he was hot, where as Tom, you have known Tom for so long....

"Thinking about what?" Draco questioned, eyeing you suspiciously. He honestly didn't really care, but figured you'd tell him anyway, so might as well get it out of the way.

You looked over at him, "nothing...." you sighed, jumping off the ledge, "I'm going to go do prefect duties." you said flatly, heading for the door.

"I just finishd them." Draco stated, it was his night to do them anyway.

You grumbled, not really wanting to be in the room, "okay..." you said under your breath, taking a seat on your bed.

Draco watched you for a moment before turning, and heading into the bathroom to take a shower.

You picked your guitar up again, and strummed it, not really paying attention to what you were doing. It was as if your mind wasn't your own as you began to sing out the lyrics that were flying through your head. "Just a simple touch
Just a little glance
Makes me feel like flyin'
But where are you tonight
Something isn't right
Can you please stop hiding" You stopped abruptly when you heard the door creak slightly. Eyeing it, your hands deemed it was nothing, and you continued to strum the guitar.

Draco could heard you sing softly and strum your guitar in the bathroom, he pressed his ear up to the door to hear what you were actually singing a little bit better. Your song was sad, and it sounded you felt torn about something. His thoughts returned back to your lyrics as you started singing again.

"I am trying not to think about
All the things you did before,
But sometimes it all just gets to me.
I can't take it anymore.
I'll stay with you,
But remember
Be careful what you do,
Cause I'm not bulletproof." (the song is Bulletproof by Kerli) You stopped abruptly as Draco walked out of the bathroom. You continued to strum at the strings gently, and absentmindedly as he walked about the room.

"I didn't know you could play a guitar." he said, almost as if it was an after thought.

You shrugged, "I don't....not really..." you muttered, still practically off in la la land. The strumming slowed, as your fingers pretty much stopped moving. Sighing, you leaned the guitar against the wall beside your bed, and sat up. Putting a hand on your stomach you felt it grumble with the lack of food, so you decided to pay a visit to the great hall.

"Where are you going?" Draco asked, peering out from under a towel at you.

You turned to look at him, your heart skipping a beat, taking in the sight of his naked torso, and a towel on his now damp ruffled hair. "Great hall..." you replied, turning back around and pushing the door.

Draco's Pov

He watched as you walked out the door, obviously something wasn't right, you seemed distant and not as friendly as you were before.

'Maybe it's cause you kissed her.'

'Thats not true...'

'What else could it be?'

'Iunno, maybe her dog died...'

'She hasn't gotten any mail mate, and as far as we know, the only eventful thing that has happened in the last 48 hours was you kissing her.'

'You know, I was trying to be optimistic.'

Draco pulled on a shirt, and a pair of jeans, then pulled his Slytherin cloak over it. It was time to go interrogate Lily about what was going on. Quickly, he left the dorm room and prefect common room, then glided down the stairs and into the dungeons. He muttered the password and stepped through the portrait hole. Dropping himself down on the leather couches he waited for Lily to appear so he could ask her what was going on with you.

After what seemed like forever Lily walked out of the girls dorm, and into the common room.

Almost immediately Draco stood up, "hey." he said, gaining Lily's attention.

Lily looked up abruptly, not expecting anybody to be there, "hey..." she said starting to flirt with Draco, "whats up?" her tone dripping with seductiveness.

Draco looked at her, if he didn't know better, she was trying to pick him up. "I was just wondering if you knew what was wrong with Alice? She's been acting funny all day..."

Lily walked up to Draco, and trailed her finger across his shoulders, as she walked around behind him, getting extreamly close.

Your Pov

You left the great hall, feeling satisfied now that your belly was full. However, it didn't help you feel better, knowing the choice you were about to make. Making your way down to the dungeons you uttered the password and slid into the Slytherin common room, wanting to talk to Lily. As you came closer to the common room you could hear voices, both of which sounded extreamly familiar.

"I wouldn't know whats going on with Alice." Lily said, her voice sweet.

You narrowed your eyes, trying to figure out what Lily was up to, as you pressed your back against the wall, staying out of sight in the dark corridor.

"Well.." Draco's tone was uncomfortable, "I should go do my duties...."

"Wait!" You heard Lily say in a hushed voice, "why not stay with me for a while?"

You had enough, listening to this was making you sick. You pushed yourself off the wall, and strolled into the common room, "What the h*ll is this?" you hissed at Lily, not sure what to make of the situation.

Lily looked at you, a little taken aback, clearly not expecting you to be there. She stared at you a loss for words, as you caught her red handed trying to seduce the boy you told her that you were crushing on.

Draco stood up, staring at you. He was about to pull you out of the Slytherin common rooms, but just before he did, Lily interrupted.

"So, come to give Tom his answer?" she asked, glaring at you, clearly annoyed about being inturrupted. She cast a glance at Draco, who looked slightly confused, "didn't you know? Tom asked Alice to be his girlfriend." she smirked.

Draco glanced at you from the corner of his eye, only to be concerned about how calm you were. 'So that's what's been going on...' he thought to himself.

"Yes actually." you replied, staring at Lily, "And what I have to tell him, is none of your business, and frankly, we aren't friends anymore." you sneered, brushing past Draco and Lily, as you turned down the hallway to the boys dorm.

"She's going to say yes, you know." Lily smirked at Draco, "she told me all about how much she hates you."

Draco glanced at her, unsure of whether to follow you or not, "considering the circumstances, you best keep quiet." he sneered at Lily, "if she hates me, I'm sure she won't have any problem telling me herself."

You knocked on Toms dorm room and waited impatiently for him to open the door. After what seemed like forever the door cracked open, and a brown eye peered at you from the crack. "Tom?" you asked, clearly unamused.

Draco hid around the corner, he had to know what you were going to say to Tom. He had to know whether or not he should give up on you. Draco had practically stopped breathing when he heard you speak.

Tom opened the door wider, "Alice!" he exclaimed happily, eyeing you up and down, "have you thought about what I asked?"

You nodded slowly, "yeah."

He grinned, assuming the answer was going to be yes, but he thought he should make sure, "and your answer is yes?" he asked, cheekily.

You frowned slightly, "Tom, I'm sorry. I don't want to be in a relationship right now, I have too much on my plate with being head girl and everything, and adding a relationship on top of it, would just drive me nuts." you explained, hoping not to hurt his feelings, "friends though?" you asked, praying that you didn't have to loose another friend tonight.

Toms face fell, as you rejected him, "Yeah sure.." he said, not really listening anymore, too depressed to be able to think.

You gave him a small smile, and wrapped your arms around his neck, and kissed his cheek lightly, "I'll see you at breakfast tomorrow." you whispered, pulling away and letting him go back to whatever he was doing. You were upset that you had to hurt Tom, but dating him while practically head over heels for somebody else would just be too much to bare, and well, wouldn't lead to anything good at all.

Draco practically jumped with joy when he heard you say no to Tom, that meant you were his for the taking. Quietly, he sneaked back into the common room, to find it deserted, he sighed gratefully that Lily wasn't there anymore. Taking a seat on the leather couch, he waited for you to return.

You walked into the common room and sighed, not feeling too overly proud of what you just did. A platnium blonde streak caught your eye, and you looked towards the couches, realizing Draco was there, "What are you still doing here?" you asked, your tone bored.

Draco looked behind him, over the back of the couch, "waiting for you." he shrugged, standing up, controlling his excitment about how you rejected Tom.

You eyed him and shrugged, "what are you up to?" you asked suspiciously, your eyes narrowed.

His eyebrows rose slightly, "nothing...." he said slowly, "figured I'd walk back to the prefect dorms with you." he shrugged, dismissing your suspicion.

"Oh..." you muttered, still not convinced as you headed for the portrait hole.

Just as you were about to go through the portrait hole, Draco grabbed your hand, and pulled you back and into his chest.

You were completely shocked, unsure of what to do, so you just stood there, not moving.

Draco wrapped his arms around your waist, and rested his chin on the top of your head. He felt your body tense slightly, a little uncomfortable with what was happening, so he let go of you.

You took a step back, and stared at him, "What was that for?" you asked, still eyeing him suspiciously.

Draco shrugged, "you looked like you needed a hug."

"Right..." you muttered, turning around, and walking through the portrait hole again.

'He's acting weird...'

'Yeah, he wouldn't have waited for us any other time.'

'It's probably from what Lily said.... God what a b*tch.'

'She's in Slytherin for a reason...'

'Yeah, I know.'

You shook your head slightly, while climbing the stairs. You slowed as you reached the top, getting the feeling something wasn't right. You turned to Draco, and pulled out your wand, a chill going down your spine as you glanced around. "Somethings not right..." you whispered, catching his gaze.

Draco nodded, he felt it too, the freezing draft that poured out through the halls. He brought his attention upwards as a blood freezing scream errupted from a few floors above.

You barely looked at Draco before tearing off up the stairs, and towards the screaming. The fat lady that protected the Gryffindor common room fidgeted as you approached, "Open." you demanded, knowing that the screaming was coming from the tower.

"Passw----" she began but was cut off by you.

"We bloody well don't have time for this password b*llsh*t" you hissed fixing the painted woman with a glare.

Yet again the fat lady fidgeted before swinging open, letting the screams loose throughout the halls of the castle. You stepped inside, and felt Draco's hand on your shoulder. With a flick of your wand the fire in the common room lit, to show the most disturbing scene you've seen in a while. Your knee's buckled slightly as you took in the form in front of you.


Image

I forgot to post this picture in the last one, this is your hawk Flo.
♠ ♠ ♠
till next time.. ^^

~Hazel :]