Sequel: Call Me Professor
Status: (completed)

Colour Me Slytherin

Colour Me Slytherin - A Draco Malfoy Story #17-

Colour Me Slytherin - A Draco Malfoy Story #17-


Image


You watched as the boy jumped when you suddenly appeared. "n-nothing..." he stuttered, quickly closing the book and shoving it away.

You rose an eyebrow at him, watching him carefully you walked to the other side of the table and pulled out the chair. Taking a seat on it, you gave him a flat look "clearly thats a load of bull." you stated flatly, picking up the book with your last name written on the cover. "Any specific reason you were researching my magical lineage?"

The boy looked away unsure of how to answer, clearly he did not do too well with confrontation.

You sighed, before deciding to be nice, "what do you want to know?" you asked, gaining his attention, "but first, tell me who you are..."

"Neville Longbottom. You're Alice Smat." he said, giving you a goofy grin.

You couldn't help but smile slightly, clearly this boy had no intentions of wrong doing, and was simply just curious about you. "What do you want to know?" you asked, now that you knew who he was.

His eyes lit up slightly, getting right to the point, "were you about to murder Bellatrix Lestrange?" he asked, clearly he had seen what happend the night before in the Gryffindor Tower.

You stared at him, a little taken aback by his sudden question, before nodding slowly. "Yes." you muttered, now that you thought about it, you weren't sure whether you had the guts to do it or not.

"Why?" Neville questioned.

You fidgeted uncomfortably, "revenge."

"What did she do to your family?" Neville wasn't letting up.

"Tortured my cousin and myself, then murdered my little cousin right infront of me." you uttered, still finding it difficult to talk about it. You were unsure why you told Neville about what happened, but it was like some connection.

Neville nodded, he had seen the rage in you, that he had harboured for so long himself. "Bellatrix Lestrange tortured my parents.... They're in a vegatative state at St.Mungo's. They have been since I was really little...." Neville said, looking down at the table.

You stared at him, and felt the biggest urge to go around the table to hug him. Finally, you have found somebody that understand exactly how you feel. How you want to not only tear Bellatrix Lestrange limb from limb, but how you want to make sure she feels every little bit of it. Make sure she suffers. "Sorry..." you muttered, it was the only thing you could think of to say.

Neville shrugged, "I've gotten used to it..." he paused for a moment, before continuing his questions. "Every book I've seen about your family is only in German..." he muttered, not really asking anything, but just stating a fact.

You nodded, "yeah... Strong German background.... We are decendants of König Schatten." you stated, in a bored tone. Your parents had told you at least a million times, about where you came from.

"How did you come to be in Canada?"

You grinned, "we moved, not for any particular reason.... Parents just wanted a new life I guess." You grinned, remembering the day you set foot in your house back home. "Alot of people back home treat us like celebraties.... The only reason that is though, is because when we first moved my dad single handed caught a mass serial killer without the use of magic."

Neville rose an eyebrow with intrest, "Who did he catch?"

"Fenrir Greyback. Put him Azkaban.... The muggles in Canada don't know anything about magic, much like here, but they all knew him as a horrendus killer.... Much like in the wizarding world, thats why my family is well known in both muggle and magical aspects. That, and we're kinda like nobels, I guess.... Just alot of money and power....."

Neville's face broke out into a goofy grin, you definatly weren't as bad as everybody said you were.

You looked up at the clock, "oh, I gotta go, I have potions class...." you muttered, getting up. "Maybe I'll see you around..." Before Neville could respond, you were out of the library doors.

Seth wasn't really paying attention when he rounded the corner. He had been miserable since that day at Hogsmead, and had been especially miserable since the ball, it's all he thought about, it consumed him. He should have just been happy that you found somebody that you liked, even if it wasn't him. He sighed trying to focus on anything but you. That was going to be hard to do however, because as soon as he started thinking about potions, something bumped into his chest. Surprised he looked down, to see a rather annoyed looking Alice. Quickly he grabbed your wrist, and pulled you into a hug, "Alice, I'm sorry." he muttered quietly, this was his chance to have everything forgiven, and he prayed that you would forgive him.

You pulled yourself away from him, eyeing him suspiciously. "What do you want?" you asked, making sure to keep your distance. Clearly Lily put him up to this, Seth was never one to apologize.

Seth stared down at you "I want you to forgive me, for being such an idiot."

You stared back, "maybe." you muttered, pulling your wrist out of his grip, and brushing past him. 'What the h*ll was that?!' you thought to yourself angrily. 'Seth wants to be forgiven? He's going to have to do more than just apologize for all the sh*t he put me through.' You shoved the potions classroom door open forcefully and angrily, and stepped into the room.

"Smat, why don't you sta----" Pansy began in her usual screech, before she was immeadiatly shut up with your wand pointed directly between the eyes.

"Parkinson, keep your fat toad like mouth closed, and stay out of my business." you sneered, coupled with a deadly glare, clearly not having the patience to deal with her. Pulling your wand away from her face, you turned and continued to your desk.

Class was about to start, you pulled out your books and mentally sighed, today was going to be an interesting day.

Draco walked into the potions class, after searching practically the whole school for you. Taking a seat a couple chairs away of you, he watched you from the corner of his eye, as Snape burst through his office door.

"Silence." Snape droned, staring the entire class down. "Open your books to page 93."

There was a faint grumble amongst the students as they all dragged out their text books and opened it to the appropriate page.

You stared down at the page, confused about what Snape had planned for your lesson.

"Over the Christmas break, I expect you all to have finished a six thousand word essay on Lusticia." Snape rolled his eyes at the class as they all stared at him, "And then after the break, we will pair everybody up in pairs, and make it."

You stared at Snape in disbelief. 'What was he thinking?! Lusticia set loose on a group of hormonal teens? He has clearly lost his mind.' You have only seen the effects of Lusticia once, and knew that whoever the males were paired with, would have to have good tactics to be able to escape without being captured and dragged to a bedroom. You cast a weary glance around the room and instantly felt bad for the girl Seth was going to be paired with. There was nobody in the room other than yourself that would be able to fend him off.

Draco barely payed attention, Snape had clearly lost his mind. He only hoped that he would be the one paired with you for this potion, instead of some other guy with raging hormones. He glanced around the room at all the guys, and was willing to bet at least 95% of them were all virgins. He growled to himself, this was going to have to take some backhanded tactics to ensure you would be in good hands.

You sighed, reading through the pages on Lusticia, and started the introduction to your essay. Leave it to Snape to ruin the last few weeks before the break.

After what seemed like an eternity you grabbed your bag and shoved your textbook and rough copy of your essay in it, and left the classroom, double potions was the worst. You tried not to get too lost in your thoughts as you pulled your mp3 player out of your bag, and shoved the earbuds into your ears. You let yourself join the stream of students that mindlessly walked into the great hall for lunch, too tired from their classes to think.

You took a seat at the all too familiar Slytherin table, and ignored the looks from the other students as you glanced around the table for something that you would like to eat. You sighed bored, as you pulled a fruit salad in front of you. It was generally the same thing everyday, fruit for breakfast, class, fruit for lunch, class, some sort of meat, and fruit for dinner, then prefect duties. Nothing new or exciting was ever going to happen.

Dumbledore stood at the podium near the edge of the stage, and put his wand to his throat, "Quiet." he called out in a tired tone, watching as his students quieted down, "due to some recent events, all afternoon classes have been cancelled, and you all will be sent home, as an early start to the christmas break."

All the students sat quietly for a moment, before loud cheers took over the great hall.

You grinned, you forgot about that. 'At least I don't have to go to Transfiguration....' you sighed to yourself, feeling your mood lighten. Maybe today wasn't going to be too bad afterall. As you finished your fruit, you stretched and noticed nobody had sat around you at all, they all kinda gave you about a trunks space all around. You shrugged, not really minding, and stood up to go pack your things.

Draco stayed behind in the potions classroom, waiting for it to empty completely so he could talk to Snape. When the last student left he stared at Snape, "Professor Snape..." he began, unwilling to back down, "can you make sure that I'm paired with Alice Smat for the Lusticia potion?"

Snape looked at him with a raised eyebrow, "curious...." he paused for a moment, "and what would your reasoning be?"

"I just don't want her to be stuck with a creep..." Draco shrugged, trying to cover up the fact that he liked you, and didn't want to see you be dragged away by some other guy.

Snape stared at Draco unconvinced, "I was going to pair her with Seth Jeung, considering she'd be the only student capable of fighting him off in the event that they loose their wands."

Draco stared hard at Snape, "Let Pansy deal with him." he shrugged, unwilling to let it go.

Snape nearly gaged at the thought, but retained his composure. "I will see Mr.Malfoy. Now you best be off to lunch." he said dismissingly.

Draco left the classroom, still feeling a little uneasy. Of course Snape's thinking was logical when it came to putting you with Seth, but the whole situation was so unlogical, and not thought out well enough. He grumbled, feeling the urge to smack his head against the wall a few times.

"Whats wrong?" you asked, spotting Draco in the hallway, looking as if he was going to go crazy.

Draco looked up at the sound of your voice, "Nothing..." he muttered, sighing in relief. He had thought that since the whole great hall thing this morning, you would be avoiding him like the black plague.

"Ah..." you nearly whispered, unconvinced, "well, afternoon classes are cancelled, Dumbledore is sending us home 'due to recent events'" you said, imitating Dumbledore as best you could.

Draco rose his eyebrows, "really?!" he asked, that was the best news he heard all day.

"Would I lie about something like that?" you asked, stepping past him, and going up to the prefect dorms. You put the one earbud back in, and rocked out to the music playing in the headphones.

Like usual you weren't really paying attention, and like usual, something happened. You squeaked when you felt arms wrap around your waist, and a strong chest against your back. You turned your head slightly and felt your breath catch in your throat. "wha.... what are you doing?" you asked, staring into a set of beautiful eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3 <3 <3


'Till next time! ~hazel