Sequel: Call Me Professor
Status: (completed)

Colour Me Slytherin

Colour Me Slytherin - A Draco Malfoy Story #19-

Colour Me Slytherin - A Draco Malfoy Story #19-


Image


You looked anywhere but the piercing grey eyes that seemed to penetrate into your soul. Had you not had enough torture today? Clearly not.

"What is she doing here." Pansy screeched, eyeing you up and down.

You merely smirked, and shook your head lightly, ignoring the blubbering lard. Seemingly, thats what everybody else in the carriage had done also. You couldn't help but feel awkward, the three of you knew what was happening, Pansy however, was just as oblivious as a blind person with hairdressing scissors.

The rest of the ride to the train was extreamly awkward, and more than once you thought about jumping out of the moving carriage, but you didn't want to walk the rest of the way in the snow, alone.

You didn't even wait for the carriage to stop moving completely before swinging your trunk off the shelf above everybodies head, and knocking Pansy with it on your way out of the carriage. You waved to Seth, as he went off to find some of his new friends to sit with. You didn't mind, actually you preferred it cause it was still awkward to be around him.

Turning your zen (mp3 player) on you plugged the earbuds into your ears and turned the volume up as loud as it would go. You smirked to yourself when Pansy's screeching was drowned out, not only by the music, but by the distance you put between yourself and the people still in that carriage.

Hoisting your things onto the train, you found yourself an empty cabin, and took a seat, claiming it for yourself. You turned your attention out the window as the last student climbed onto the train, and found their own cabin.

Hermione had searched all the cabins, and the only one that wasn't completely full was the one with Alice Smat in it. "Come on guys. Here's one." she muttered, unhappy about having to spend the next few hours with you.

You knew you should have locked your cabin when you were all alone. You turned your attention to the trio that spilled into the cabin, and put their trunks on the over head racks. You gazed at Harry for a brief moment, then turned your attention back out the window.

"I don't know why we have to be in here with her." Hermoine said, glancing in your general direction.

"Yeah, we can't turn our backs or she might just hex us. And she's being freakishly quiet." Ron added, his face growing with concern.

"Just give her a break..." Harry muttered, he hadn't gotten around to telling them that you would be helping them learn how to muggle fight, and with spells.

"It's not like she really knows how to duel Ron..." Hermoine snickered.

"Actually Granger, I have better grades than you do." You stated, still staring out the window. "And that is why Dumbledore requested that I help you sorry lot."

Ron and Hermoine's eyes widened, and then they turned to stare at Harry, who obviously knew.

"Why didn't you tell us?!" Hermoine asked, clearly not happy.

"Probably cause you'd have this reaction." You stated, butting in and answering for Harry.

"This doesn't involve you." Ron tried to glare at you.

You scoffed, "clearly it does. Apparently I'm supposed to be thrilled to teach you three bumbling idiots all I know about muggle fighting, dueling, and spells. Obviously Dumbledore asked me specifically for a reason. So shut it and quit your complaining before I decide I don't need to help you."

Ron and Hermoine were taken aback by your little speech, and closed their mouths grudgingly. You had a point, obviously you didn't want to be there as much as they didn't want you there. But if they expected to beat Voldemort, they were going to need as much help as they could get.

You pulled the earbuds out of your ears, and turned off your zen, wrapping the cord from the earbuds around it neatly. Leaning against the back of the seat, you glanced around the group waiting for them to figure out what they were going to do, and when they planned on learning from you.

Harry, Hermoine, and Ron discussed different topics, and different strategies on defeating Voldemort. However, all in all, it ended in somebody too important to them all, dying.

After what seemed like hours of discussing, Harry waved his hands in front of your face trying to get your attention, since the have come to some sort of conclusion on what they were doing.

"Will you come to The Burrow?" he asked, "it will give us time to get the basics of muggle fighting over the holidays."

You stared at him, you wanted to spend as much time with your parents as you could, since you barely get to see them as is. "Perhaps." you shrugged, not really promising anything. "If I decide to come, when will you want me?"

"Preferably the whole break..." Harry said, knowing that, that probably wasn't going to happen.

"I do want to see my parents you know." you stated flatly. "How about I just show up when I decide to?"

The three looked at you then shrugged, that was better than nothing.

"I guess I'll tell mum we'll have one more person come later." Ron mumbled, unhappy that a Slytherin was going to be in his house.

You stared at him, "Oh don't look so moody." you rolled your eyes at him, "I'm not going to eat your soul while you're sleeping, if that's what you're thinking."

Harry grinned slightly at your comment, it seems you were actually trying to be decent to them, since you had to work with them.

"I'll get my dad to bring me to The Burrow.... since he works with your father Weasley." you shrugged, adjusting your sitting position.

They all stared at you, with raised eyebrows.

"Your dad works in the Minstry? Whats he do?" Harry questioned, he seemed to be the only one that didn't have as much of an issue talking to you, unlike the other two.

You shrugged, "yeah, he's an Auror...."

The three all stared in awe, "So you're not a Voldemort worshipper?" Hermoine asked.

You stared at her flatly, "Would I have agreed to help you idiots if I was? Really Hermoine, for the smartest girl in Gryffindor, you are kinda slow."

You heard Ron snort in the background at your comment. Only to get smacked by Hermoine.

"Well, first thing you want to know, if you're going to hit somebody, hit them with your elbow. The bone is more dense, so it'll hurt them more, and you less." You stated, grabbing Hermoine's arm, then folding it, so her hand was by her shoulder, then slowly backing it into Ron's face.

Hermoine nodded, and grinned slightly, "better be careful next time Ron." she said threateningly.

You sighed and shook your head, "it's going to take alot more than throwing your elbow about to be able to fight like Seth and I."

You could feel the train starting to slow down, meaning that you were all very close to platform 9 and 3/4. Standing up you pulled your trunk off the over head rack, and set it on the floor, and took your seat again.

"We've got another half hour before we get to platform 9 and 3/4." Ron stated, looking at the small clock in the cabin.

You shook your head, "no, the train started slowing down, which gives us about ten minutes before we reach the platform." you stated, as the group stared at you in confusion.

"It's not slowing down." Hermoine stated, her know-it-all attitude starting to kick in.

"Wrong again, you can feel it in the train, if you look out the window, you'll see Diagon Ally, which is about ten minutes from Platform 9 and 3/4."

The trio looked out the window, and sure enough the small twinkling lights in the distance was Diagon Ally.

"I'm just really aware of whats going on." you stated flatly, looking out the window. "Oh, and I will probably send Flo with a letter before I arrive."

Potter nodded. "What did Dumbledore mean, when he said your little cousin could finally rest in peace, knowing you weren't tormented by the memory of her untimely death by Bellatrix Lestrange?"

You fidgeted slightly, feeling rather uncomfortable. "That's nothing you need to worry about." you muttered.

"Oh come on, if you're going to be showing us how to fight, should you at least tell us your motivation for having to be at the top of the class?" Hermoine asked, clearly what Harry had said peaked her intrest as well.

"I don't have to be at the top of anything, I just am because I know what I'm doing." you stated, getting frustrated at the lack of respect the group was having by not dropping the topic.

"It's not a big deal, its not like Bellatrix Lestrange tortured you or anything." Ron smirked, obviously meaning it as a joke.

You held his gaze, not blinking, just staring. That was exactly what happened.

"Oh my god...." Hermoine gasped, looking at you, "she did, didn't she?"

Your gaze turned to her, before you nodded slowly. "Yes." you had no desire to tell them the rest of the story.

"That explains the boggart in Defense Against the Dark Arts." Harry muttered, more to himself than anything. "But that doesn't explain what he said about your little cousin..."

The group stared at you, apparently too stubborn to drop the topic.

You growled at them, "If I tell you, will you leave me alone about it, and never bring it up again?" you asked, watching them all nod slowly, "A while ago, Bellatrix Lestrange kidnapped my cousin and I. We were held captive in a basement, where she whipped us. Well, mainly me, because I sheilded my cousin from her. When she realized that I was taking all the beatings, she took my cousin from me, and used the killing curse on her. She was only four years old..."

They stared at you, it looked as if Hermoine was about to cry, while Ron sat silent behind her. Harry reached forward and put a hand on your shoulder, as if to say he felt your pain.

You shrugged Harry's hand away, as you felt the train slowing down dramatically. "I would appreciate it if this didn't get around. It would ruin my reputation." you stated cooly, not looking back at them as you pulled the trunk out of the cabin, and closed the door behind you. It was only a matter of seconds before the train had come to a complete halt. As soon as the doors were open, you jumped off the train, and stepped onto the platform.

"Alice, over here." You heard your father call.

You turned to look over at him, and broke out into a grin, your parents hadn't changed much. You pulled your trunk over to them and was pulled into a hug by your father. "Hi dad, mom!" you smiled, as you pulled away to get a good look at them.


Your mom wrapped her arm around your shoulder, as your dad grabbed ahold of your things. One moment you were on the platform, and the next you were in your mansion. "Oh, I got to go stir the rice." your mother muttered, pulling her arm away from you, and glided away, and into the kitchen.

"How's school going?" your dad asked, as he brought your trunk up to your room.

"Top of the class in all my classes. Dad, you're a wizard, you can just hover it so you don't have to carry it up all the stairs." you stated flatly, shaking your head at your stubborn dad.

"We shouldn't be using magic for everything Alice." he said sternly. Even though your father was a wizard, he lived very much like a muggle. He refused to use magic for anything that didn't need it, like doing the dishes, or making the bed in the morning. He prefered to do it himself, in a way it showed you not to take things for granted.

"Headmaster Dumbledore has asked me to help Harry Potter." you said, watching your dad put your trunk down in your room. "Says he wants me to teach them how to muggle fight, and help them with their defensive magic."

Your dad grinned, and ruffled your hair, "That's my girl. Now, get cleaned up, we have our new neighbours coming over for dinner tonight."

You sighed, you had no idea why your parents always did this. Because of their ministry job, we had to move around alot, but usually it was a small simple house, but this time, it was a huge manor. Everytime we moved somewhere new, your parents would have the new neighbours over for dinner. They would become friends with them, and then we would move and never see them again. You sighed, going into your own bathroom you turned the tap on, and washed your face. Putting on light makeup, going for the more natural look, you put on a form fitting cocktail dress, deciding you wanted to be a little bit fancy tonight.

You decided as you waited for the guests to arrive, you would go play some songs in your music room. Walking through the halllways, you turned a corner and entered a new room that had many instruments in it. Picking up a guitar, you plugged it into the amp, and stepped up to the microphone. "Silent night, let me sleep away these memories within
sacrifices of purity are turning into sins
And this judgement day is growing near
And this confession is killing me again

This beautiful tragedy is crashing into me
This dying destiny...." (Song, Beautiful Tragedy by In This Moment)

The doorbell rang, signifying the arrival of the guests. Casually your father went over to the door, and opened. "Welcome, come in, come in." he smiled warmly at the small family, stepping aside so they could come in.

"Thank you." the woman smiled at your father as he took her coat. She looked around for a moment, before getting a questioning look in her face, wondering what the loud noise was.

Flo screeched from her post in the music room, signaling the arrival of the guests. Sighing, you put down your guitar, and unplugged the amp. Slipping out of the room, you made your way towards the grand staircase.

Your father noticed her expression, "Thats just my daughter playing her guitar, and singing." he stated simply, as he walked over to a closet, and hung the three coats that were handed to him. "Please excuse my rudeness, I am Axel Smat. This is my wife Narin Smat. And that young lady is my daughter Alice Smat."

You looked up at the mention of your name, and froze when you saw the people standing in the doorway. You forced your legs to keep moving until you were standing with your parents. For once, you realized how badly you didn't want to be home at the moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy~Hazel