Sequel: Call Me Professor
Status: (completed)

Colour Me Slytherin

Colour Me Slytherin - A Draco Malfoy Story #20-

Colour Me Slytherin - A Draco Malfoy Story #20-


Image


"I am Lucius Malfoy. This is my son Draco, and my wife Narcissa." Lucius held out his hand, and you watched your father take it and shake it.

'Why is this happening, why is it always me?!' you groaned to yourself, letting a fake smile grace your lips as you dipped your head in a bow towards the Malfoy family.

"Come, lets all go to the dining room, dinner is nearly ready." your mother Narin said warmly, leading the group towards the dining room.

You followed directly behind your mother and beside your father, as the guests were lead into the lavishly decorated room. You watched bemused as Draco pulled the chair out for his mother, before turning your attention to pulling out your own chair and taking a seat in it. You sat with your back straight, and your hands on your lap as your mother bustled into the kitchen.

Draco couldn't take his eyes off of you since you had descended down the staircase. You never wore things like that at school, however, he was rather grateful for that, or other guys would be all over you. He frowned slightly as his father began talking.

"So, Axel, is your daughter here promised to any young suitors?" Lucius asked, barely even casting a side glance at you, "From what I know, my young Draco here is around the same age."

Your father stared at Lucius for a moment, with a raised eyebrow, "No, she is not. I feel it is better for her to choose her own partner, instead of forcing her to marry someone she does not care about."

Lucius was taken aback, no noble family let their children marry for anything other than power and to help carry on the pure-blood line. "I see." Lucius turned his attention to you, "and are you seeing anybody? It would be wise to carry on a pure-bloody lineage such as yours, my dear. Malfoy is also from a pure-blood lineage...." he let his voice trail off.

You gave Lucius a flat look, "blood lines do not matter to me. Also, I have had more than my far share of your son, seeing as we live in the same dorm room, because we're both Slytherin prefects, and head boy and girl." you stated cooly, barely tilting your head to look at Lucius.

Draco remained silent, when his father got like this, trying to get him to stop was pointless.

"Oh, so you're the young girl that is prefects with Draco. He has sent us many letters talking about you." Narcissa said happily, smiling at you.

You shot a glare at Draco before turning your attention back to his mother, "I can't imagine why, we have never been close. Infact, we only ever argue and fight." you stated, closing your eyes for a moment.

Narcissa looked appauled as she glanced to her son. Clear disapproval was in her eyes as she stared at him for those brief seconds.

Draco returned his mothers gaze for a moment, before turning to look back at you. He continued to stare at you, and let the silence grow awkward.

You felt the tension in the air after what you said, and casted a glance towards your dad. He seemed easy going enough, and clearly what you said had not angered him at all, infact, he looked rather proud that you were handeling an older witch and wizard who were trying to force their son on you, so well.

Narin seemed to break the awkward silence as soon as she walked out from the kitchen, plates of floating food following closely behind her. She was carrying a rather large roasted duck, which she carefully placed in the middle of the medium sized table.

Axel stood up and took the carving knife Narin handed to him. Skillyfully he carved the duck and put a slice on each persons plate, then cut a few extra slices, incase anyone wanted more.

Plates of rice, steamed vegetables, fruits, and sauces floated by each person before they settled themselves on the table gently, but only after every person took a little bit from each dish.

You adverted your eyes from the adults, and paid attention to your food. Quietly you cut up a small piece of meat, and placed it in your mouth. You had forgotten how delicious your mom's cooking was, and you grinned thinking of the summer days back home, when your mother, father, and yourself all went out for picnics down by the lake.

"This is quite delicious." Mrs. Malfoy exclaimed, "I must meet the house elf that cooked this!"

You're mother smiled, "We have no house elves, I cooked the duck myself."

You watched amused as the other womans expression went from surprise, to awe.

"Darling, we must get together and cook sometime." she smiled at your mother, who grinned back.

You rose your eyebrow for a brief second, clearly Malfoy didn't get his annoying, jerkface, complete and utter douchbaggery from his mother. Although you had already guessed that, seeing how his father was so obsessed with seeing the two of you together, and how obsessed he was about pure blood and what not.

The time seemed to drag on at a horrifically slow speed, as you had filled up on most of the things on your plate, you sighed bored just pushing the rest of it around on your plate. You didn't even notice your dad had gotten up and went into the kitchen for a bottle of wine, until he came back with four glasses and an uncorked bottle in his other hand. You took this as your cue to excuse yourself. "May I be excused?" you asked, already knowing the answer would be yes. You stood when you saw your mother nod her head at your request.

"Oh dear, why don't you take Draco with you." Your mother requested, smiling at you. She was having a good time it seemed.

"Yes, maybe the two of you can work things out, and stop your arguing?" Draco's mother chimmed in, who seemed to be having an equally good time.

You mentally slapped yourself, of course this was going to happen, how could it not? You sighed, "Sure." however, you did not wait for him to get out of his chair before leaving the room.

"Alice." Draco called, jogging slightly to catch up to you. "Wait up..." the request fell on deaf ears.

You ignored Draco, you really didn't want to spend time alone with him, but it was not like you had much of a choice. You reached the top of the stairs and took a sharp right, trying to ignore the light foot falls that followed at an increasingly close distance.

Draco reached out, and caught your shoulder, "will you wai----" he was cut short, when you turned and elbowed him in the face. Yet again. "you have to stop doing that!" he groaned, holding his cheek, trying to ignore the stinging that crept through his entire face.

"Do. Not. Touch. Me." you emphasized every word, making sure he didn't miss a single one. You turned around again, and continued walking, only to hear Draco follow closely behind.

You turned down another corridor, and walked to the second door on the right. Pushing the door aside you stepped into the room, which lit up as soon as you entered, showing off the massive projector screen, and lazy boy chairs. Walking towards the huge shelf, you pulled out a movie, inspecting it for a moment, you walked over to the projector deeming that you would watch the movie. You put the movie in, and the previews started to which you busied yourself with getting popcorn for yourself, and a small cup of pop.

Draco followed you over to the lazy boy chairs, and took a seat, "What are we watching?" he asked, watching you carefully incase you were going to hit him again.

"Jeux D'Enfants." you muttered, it was one of your favourite movies of all time, of course, it was only in french but you didn't mind reading the subtitles. (A/N: Jeux D'Enfants is an actual movie by disney, I love it to death :D and no, its not animated.)

Cautiously Draco reached over and took some popcorn from you, only to get a glare in return.

"Get your own if you want some." you snarled, holding your popcorn bucket away from him.

"But what if I want some of yours?" he asked, standing up and looming over you, taking another kernal from your bucket.

You kicked him in the stomach, "try it again and I'll do more than just kick you." you glared. You were still upset about what happened back at Hogwarts, and you were d*mned if you were going to sit by and let him act like this without at least apologizing.

"What is wrong with you?" he asked, his eyebrows furrowed together, as he gave you a pained expression. He was getting sick of being hit and kicked all the time, he just doing somr harmless flirting.

You gave him a dumb look, "do I really need to explain how much an arse you are?" you questioned, looking around him and at the screen.

"Englighten me."

" 'Don't try to jump me again.' " you mocked him, raising an annoyed eyebrow.

Draco fell silent, you had caught him. He just didn't know what to do when you said you didn't love him, it was as if something in him took over, in order to keep himself from getting hurt, "look, Alice..." he started, but never got to finish.

"I don't care what your reasons are. I don't want to hear them, so shut up, sit down, and watch the d*mn movie." you hissed, handing him your bucket of popcorn, and going to get another one.

Draco watched you, he had obviously hurt you without intending too, and he had to make it up to you some how. He sighed, 'girls are harder than I thought...' He took a seat on the lazy boy next to yours, and watched the movie.

You smiled when the two children were under the table at Sophie's sister's wedding. They were talking about what they wanted to be when they got older. "What will you be when you grow up?" Sophie asked

"A tyrant!" Julien replied

"A tyrant? Your people subjugated?" Sophie questioned.

Julien smiled, "Totally! With a harem, slaves, and torture every Thursday!"

"Cool!" the little girl exclaimed.

"And you?" It was Julien's turn to ask.

"Well, I... No, it's too dumb." Sophie seemed embarrassed about what she wanted to be.

"Tell me!" Julien pressed on, wanting to know.

"You won't like it." She still seemed embarrassed.

"I told you! Tell me!" Julien wasn't about to give up.

"I'd like to be a cream puff. A cream puff with apricots, or even a plain one. Lukewarm at the bakery. In the window." Sophie answered honestly.

"A cream puff? As in cake?" Julien seemed surprised.

"Of course! What else! A cream puff is a cream puff!" Sophie seemed to lecture Julien.

"A cream puff... Yeah, of course, a cream puff! That's brilliant!" Julien beamed at his friend. (A/N. This had to have been my favourite scene in the whole movie.... I recommend watching it cause it's awesome :D)

You couldn't help but smile the whole time you watched the movie. It always seemed that whenever you were feeling down, or angry and you watched this movie, it put you into a happy mood. You nearly forgot that there was company over until you heard a knock on the door during the last few seconds of the movie. "Yeah?" you called, turning away from the screen as the credits started to roll upwards.

You mom peeked into the room, "Ah Draco, your parents are about ready to leave." your mom smiled at him warmly.

Draco nodded, "thanks." he smirked slightly, standing up and stretching.

You stood up also and followed Draco out of the room, and downstairs. You didn't pay much attention as the parents said their goodbyes, You just nodded at Draco, still annoyed and upset with him for what he did back at school.

Draco nodded back at you, he took a mental note of how much attention you paid to the movie, although that could be just so you could've ignored him, but you seemed really into the movie. He sighed, what was he going to do about this? How was he going to make it better?

Your parents waved as Lucius and his wife and son followed him out of the house. Cautiously after a few moments, your father closed the front door, and turned his attention to you and your mother. "I didn't know you knew Draco Malfoy."

You shrugged, "yeah, and he's a right arse." you stated flatly, hoping that it would be left at that.

Your father rose an eyebrow at you, "you know, I saw how he was looking at you all through dinner. Although, I can't blame him when you dress like that." He smirked as your rolled your eyes, "no wonder Lucius and Narcissa want you as their daughter in law."

Your jaw dropped slightly, as you gave your father a look as if to say 'what the f*ck'. "You have got to be kidding me.... Dad, they're crazy!" you exclaimed, your arms flailing above your head, to help express how crazy you thought they were. "I mean come on, who talks about arranged marriages at the first dinner party?!"

Axel grinned and shook his head, "or blood lineage."

"Exactly!" you exclaimed exhasperated. "Clearly, as I had stated previously, they are crazy!"

"Well I thought Narcissa was rather nice." your mother chimmed in, folding her arms over her chest.

"Yeah, but do you really think she does anything for herself? Did you not hear her mention house elves? And I know how you hate it when people mistreat their house elves mom." you stuck your tongue out making a point.

"Well dear, I'm sure its fine. No need to worry." your mother said in a sing song way, as she walked towards the kitchen, and disappeared behind the archway.

You looked to your dad, "seriously though, I don't want an arranged marriage to that ferret boy!"

"I know sweetie, I know." he wrapped his arm around your shoulder, pulling you into a small hug.

That made you remember the train ride back home, "hey dad, do you work with a Weasley?" you questioned, looking up at him.

He nodded, "yeah, why?"

"Harry Potter and his friends invited me to stay at The Burrow for some of the break. Thats where Ron Weasley lives, so I said that you could probably take me there since I can't apparate on my own yet..." you explained, hoping he could take you.

"That's probably for the best, we don't have much time off. Infact, I will get into contact with Mr. Weasley and tell him that I will have to bring you the day after tomorrow." he looked at your sad expression, "Oh come now, would you really want to be in this huge manor all by yourself, especially when you can't use magic outside of school? At least with the Weasley's we will know that you're safe."

You sighed, "I guess you have a point." you shot your dad a look when he ruffled your hair.

"Don't worry, we'll see you again before you go back to school." he grinned, a bit of his German accent shining through. "now go pack up your stuff for the trip okay?"

You sighed, heading towards the staircase, "yeah..." you muttered in response before turning a corner and going out of sight. You entered your room, and luckily enough for you, you hadn't unpacked your things. You walked over to your wardrobe and opened the doors, looking at the clothes. You had decided on a few training outfits to bring, and threw them into the trunk. Luckily before you left school you cast an undetecable expansion charm on it, making it possible to fit anything and everything in the small trunk. Pushing the top over, you latched the buckles on it in order to keep it closed.

The small purple clock on your table had caught your attention, the time read 12:30 a.m. "Better get to bed..." you muttered, stripping out of your clothes and pulling on some pj's before climbing into bed. Your last thoughts before you fell asleep were wondering about The Burrow, and if you would really fit into Harry's little goody-two-shoes gang.

You awoke with a start the next morning. Your dream last night consisted of being lost in an almost marsh like area, you couldn't find your way back home because it was blocked out of view by the insanely tall grass. You could hear screaming in the distance, and the heat that was blown towards you carried the stench of smoke. You distinctly remember looking towards the sky and seeing The Dark Mark. You shuddered, trying to shake it off, so you changed your thoughts to something a little more happy, instead you thought about how you planned on spending the day with your parents. Training with your dad, and baking and cooking with your mom, both of which were something you thoroughly enjoyed, and both your parents enjoyed showing you.

Walking over to your dresser, you pulled out a training outfit, and put it on before going to find your father. It took a few moments before you found your father in the kitchen, sipping on some coffee. "Hey dad." you grinned, "wanna go do some training?"

Your dad grinned at you, "of course, just let me finish my coffee."

You nodded, "Yup. I'll meet you in the dojo." you smiled and walked away, your long brown and purple hair swishing in its ponytail.

After stretching out, you took a seat on the mats that covered the floor of the dojo, and started meditating while waiting for your father. It wasn't until a few moments later did you feel the slight breeze in the room when somebody opened and closed the door silently. You waited a few moments before forcing yourself forward to balance on your hands, as you sent your feet up into the air, knocking your father in jaw.

"Ah you're more aware I see." he smiled, "but I still have a few tricks up my sleeve."

You only rose an eyebrow, it had been a while since you sparred with your father, and since he taught you everything you knew about Mauy Thai, and any martial art really, you knew you had to be cautious. Neither you or your father used protective gear, and hit to damage. That was the only way you were going to learn how to block unwanted attacks, and how to strike and possibly kill.

It seemed like you were sparring with your father for hours before you fell back onto the mats, and your dad following your example fell back onto them with you.

"Ah, you have definatly been getting better." he said panting, trying to catch his breath.

"Hah. I've been sparring with my friend Seth back at school." you explained, heaving yourself into a sitting position. "I'm gonna go shower..." you said lifting your arm and taking a sniff. You managed to put yourself upright and make it into your bathroom, sighing in relief you stepped into the hot stream of water and instantly relaxed. It seemed like it has been forever since you've had a chance to not do anything, and just take your time in the shower.

After relaxing your stressed muscles in the hot water, you dried off and went downstairs searching for your mother, who you found in the kitchen. No big surprise there. "Hey mom, wanna do some baking?" you asked as she grinned, of course she'd want to bake.

"So your father tells me you're going to help Harry Potter and his group learn how to muggle fight, and become better at their defensive spells." she stated while kneading the dough for sweet bread.

You nodded, "yeah. Dumbledore requested I helped so..... how can I turn down a man thats practically a million years old?" you snickered, "dad says he's going to take me to the Weasleys tomorrow... since you guys aren't really going to be home because of work."

Your mom nodded, "yeah. I wish we got to spend more time with you, but you know how things are, especially with Voldemort on the rise."

That was one of the things you loved about your mother, she had back bone and wasn't about to use the 'he-who-must-not-be-named' bull, just because people were scared of him. He was a person just like the rest of us, granted a very powerful person, but a person none the less. "Can I take some baked goods to the Weasley's?" you questioned.

Your mother smiled, "of course, if we leave them here your father will just get fat." she chuckled. Her laugh was a sweet sound, it wasn't high-pitch and shrill, but it wasn't low and terrifying, it was just the perfect pitch, and the sound always made you smile yourself.

"Oh probably, then he'll blame us." you shook your head, this had happened once before, and you had to train with your father for ten hours a day to help him slim down.

You got your mother to bewitch a plastic container so you could fit a lot of baked goods in it. It had been a long day, but a good one because you got to spend time with both your parents seperatly, and you got to spend time with them together too. You pulled the sheets up to your neck as you dozed off, you couldn't help yourself but you felt excited about going to the Weasley's place.

Your father nudged you early the next morning. "No." you muttered, refusing to open your eyes. You felt the nudge again and slapped the hand that kept nudging you, away, "I said no." you said a little more forcefully this time. You felt a draft and realized somebody stole your duvet, "that is not fair!" you yelled at your father, sitting up right.

"No, but it got you up." your father was very much like a child alot of the time, but thats what you loved about him.

"Yeah, now get out so I can shower and change." you grumbled, looking towards the clock that read 6:00 a.m. Grudgingly you swung your feet over the ledge of your bed and headed into the bathroom for a shower, which thankfully for you, made you wide awake. You stepped out of the bathroom your hair tied back in a ponytail, while your bangs were pushed over to the side and a few loose strands hung around the front of your ears. You looked yourself over in the mirror, the light purple eyeshadow you swept over your eyelids brightened your eyes, while the tiny amount of mascara you put on made your eyes look bigger. You tugged on an old faded t-shirt, and some jeans that had holes in the knee's, and holes that still had the thread bits, so they weren't completely holes.

Your dad came into the room, "ready?" he asked, grabbing ahold of your suitcase, leaving the room.

"Yeah, just let me get my shoes." you called tugging your shoes on, then running down the stairs to catch up with your dad. You gripped your dad's arm getting ready to apparate. You felt the familiar sensation of nothing beneath you, and then suddenly there was ground.

Your father put your trunk down in front of the door, and knocked waiting for somebody to answer.

You looked up when the door opened, revealing two boys who looked the exact same.

"Why hello." the two boys said at the same time, both with a mischievous glint in their eyes as if they were planning something.

You gave them a strange look, "hi...." you looked back to your dad, who was patting you on the back.

"Your father in?" Axel asked the twin boys.

"Yeah." one twin responded, turning to go get him.

"He surely is." the other said, also turning away to go get his father.

You stood at the door with your own father, feeling rather awkward. You remember seeing this boys in your fifth year, they were the ones that set the fireworks off during the O.W.L.S. You grinned at the memory of a giant dragon chasing Umbridge out of the great hall.

"Hello Axel." Mr. Weasley said, coming to the door, holding his hand out for your father to shake it.

Axel nodded, "Arthur." he took his hand. "Thanks for looking after my little Alice here, since we're going to be out for a while."

"Oh any time Axel. Now, come in, come in." Arthur moved aside so you could get into the house, followed by your father. "Here, let me take care of those." a swift flick of Arthur's wand, and your trunk started hovering up the stairs. "Just the one?" he asked looking at you.

You nodded, "yeah, expansion charm." shrugging like it was no big deal.

"Ah, now I see why Dumbledore wanted you to assist them." Arthur grinned at you, "why don't you go into the living room, Hermoine and Ginny are there."

"Great..." you muttered sarcastically under your breath, as you passed through the kitchen. You debated on pulling your zen out of your pocket and plugging the earbuds into your ears, but decided against it considering this wasn't your house, and it would be rude.

"Hello dear!" a short red headed woman smiled at you, pulling you into a hug. "I am Molly Weasley, if you need anything at all just ask, alright?"

You nodded and smiled at her, as you let her pull you into the living room with the rest of the girls, Hermoine smiled at you while Ginny glared at you. 'This is going to be a long winter break.'

Hermoine stood up, "come on, I'll show you where your room is." Ever since the train ride Hermoine had been a little nicer, understanding why you were the way you were, and that you really weren't as mean as everybody had thought.

"Kay..." you followed her towards a very tall stairway. It wasn't until the fourth floor that she veered off the landing and into a hallway.

"This is your room." she said pushing the door open, "that's Fred and George's room there. Watch out, they like to play pranks." almost as soon as she said it, the two boys appeared out of thin air with a pop.

"Hey there Granger." one said, putting his hand on her one shoulder.

"Who's your friend?" the other asked, looking you up and down.

"This is Alice Smat. She's the one Dumbledore sent to help us." Hermoine replied, pushing the hand off her shoulder.

"I'm Fred." the one twin standing behind Hermoine said.

"And I'm George.... want a candy?" he asked, holding a hand out which was filled with colourfully wrapped candies.

You took a glance at them, "those are puking pastilles. So, no thanks." you smiled cooly at him, while moving away from his hand.

"How'd you know?" George asked, a little taken aback by how you knew what they were. They just changed the wrappings recently.

"Why would you offer a Slytherin a candy that wasn't jinxed?" you asked, "that, and I can smell them."

Hermoine grinned, "looks like you boys are loosing your touch."

"We are not, right George?" Fred said, acting hurt.

"Right Fred, in fact, we have a new product we're trying to work out." George said smugly.

"Right.... Hey, Hermoine, you mind trying something for me? I made them yesterday, but I don't know what anybody else thinks of them..." you asked, "and I want somebody to try them, who doesn't hate me.... well, doesn't hate me completely."

"Uhm... sure." she replied, following you into your room.

You opened your trunk and pulled out the plastic container, which you opened and pulled out something in the shape of a cupcake. "It's an almond popover...."

Hermoine took the dessert, and bit off a small chunk, then another larger one, "these are so good!" she exclaimed surprised. "You made these?!"

You nodded, "yeah, all from scratch too, it's not really all that hard." you looked at the twins standing in the hall watching the two of you. "You guys want one?" you asked, trying to be poliet.

"Absolutely.... Not!" they exclaimed at the same time, obviously being sarcastic since they both stepped forward and reached their hands into the container. They both took a bite and looked at each other.

"This could rival mum's baking...." George muttered, his eyes wide like a deer trapped in headlights.

Fred looked from George, and back to you, then back to George, "This could beat mum's baking."

"Right then." they both said at the same time, advancing on you, Fred wrapped his arm around your waist and within a few seconds, you were back in the kitchen with the two twins beside you.

"You guys have got to try this!" George exclaimed, calling the people in the living room over.

"And what would that be Mr. Weasley?" a voice from the living room droned.

You reconized that voice, and stared at the man who appeared in the doorway. He apparently seemed to be just as surprised as you were to see each other at the Weasley house.

"What are you doing here?" you both asked at the same time.
♠ ♠ ♠
~Hazel