Sequel: Call Me Professor
Status: (completed)

Colour Me Slytherin

Colour Me Slytherin -Draco Malfoy Story #23

Image


The woman stepped into the room and stood at the foot of the bed. "I heard you had a pretty eventful night." Her hair flashed red with anger when she glanced at the two twins.

You smiled at Tonks, "just a little bit." you knew that Tonks already knew about what happened. "how's work?" you asked, changing the topic.

Tonks shrugged, "ah, you know...." she rolled her eyes and sighed, "over worked, under payed.... The usual. Anyway kiddo, I've got to go, just had to check in for your parents."

You smiled, "See you later Tonks." you watched as she walked out of the room, followed by the small creaks of the stairs as she decended. You glanced between George and Fred, who both had raised eyebrows. "She works with my parents...." you shrugged acting as if it was an after thought.

"So your parents are Auror's?" George asked, raising an eyebrow at you.

You nodded, a little surprised they didn't know.

"Wicked...." the twins said in unison.

You smiled sadly, "It's not as great as it sounds..... I never know how they're doing.... or even if they're still alive. Because of their job its rare for them to send me owls while I'm at school, cause they're scared it would get intercepted and then I'd be a target..."

You noticed the saddened looks that you were getting from the twins, "but it's not like its a big deal, teaches me to fend for myself..." you added, as you decided to test your luck with standing. You swung your legs over the edge of the bed, and ignored the protests from the twins. "It'll be fine." you muttered wincing as you put pressure on your feet, however it didn't hurt too horribly.

"You shouldn't be standing yet." George protested to you standing and moving around on your own.

You smiled at him thoughtfully, "You don't grow if you don't push yourself.... Don't worry, I'll be fine." you paced yourself as you walked around the room, gradually putting more pressure on the balls of your feet as you went.

The twins were practically hovering over their chairs, waiting for you to collapse or something else to happen of that sort.

"Relax..." you called, walking towards the window and glancing around the vast land around the house. The snow was a little thicker on the ground now and there was more still coming. "Hey... lets go outside." you said suddenly, turning to look at the two boys who had an uneasy look on their faces.

"Are you sure you should be moving around so much, so soon?" Fred asked, eyeing you suspiciously, "Besides, there isn't much to do outside, unless you want to de-gnome the garden..."

You grinned, "sounds like fun." You started heading towards the door. You pushed it aside and started the decent towards the door that lead to the almost snowglobe like scene that you had just seen moments previous.

Cringing while putting your shoes on, you pressed the door and let it swing open, filling your nostrils with the fresh winter air. The light crunching of snow sounded everytime you took a step in the white fluff. You spun around happily, and for once in your life, felt carefree. Out of the corner of your eye you saw Fred and George appear out of the doorway, and immediately you scooped up some snow, and threw a snowball at each of them. You bursted out laughing as they both looked at you in shock, before you noticed the evil glint in their eyes.

"Oh you've done it now Alice!" Fred called out, scooping up some snow. "Hasn't she George?"

"Right she has, Fred." George replied, also bending down and scooping up some snow. The two twins advanced on you.

You let out a little playful squeal before running off trying to avoid the snowball attacks. You gasped as a snowball flew millimeters from your head, that was alarmingly close. You turned to scold the twins for nearly hitting you in the head with a snowball. You were hit square in the chest as soon as you turned around "Oh, its on now!" you yelled at them, whipping snowball after snowball at them at such speed that they couldn't even make one snowball.

"Whats going on out here?" Harry asked coming out of the burrow, followed closely by Ron and Hermione, who were gaping at Fred and George being attacked by a bunch of flying snowballs.

"Snowball fight.... We're under attack!" Fred and George dove behind Harry, Ron and Hermione for cover, as they started to make snowballs to throw back at you.

"I'll take you all on!" you called, continuing to throw snow at the, now group of five.

Hermione screamed as a snowball hit her in the chest. She huffed, bent down to grab some snow and formed it into a ball, then threw it feebly at you.

"You have to try harder than that Hermione!" you called, smiling as you stopped the onslaught.

"Get her!" Fred and George shouted at the same time, diving out from behind the trio, they started throwing snowballs at you.

You smiled and dodged each one gracefully and quickly. You even caught a few and threw them back at them. "Training starts now. You're goal is to hit me with the snowballs."

The group of five looked at you, a little taken aback, but more amused than anything.

"Believe me, it won't be easy. Oh, and no magic." you added, as they gathered snow in their hands. What you had planned to teach the group, is to watch and learn the movements of the opponent, predict their next move before they do it. "Ready?" you asked.

The group started throwing snowballs at you, they would have stopped in amazment when you were flipping around avoiding all the snow that was flung at you.

After hours of dodging snowballs, one had finally hit you. "Stop!" you called out, and almost instantly the constant stream of snowballs stopped. "How did you know how to hit me Ron?"

"Once you dodged one, you would have a small blind spot, and you also kinda got into the pattern of moving from the middle, to the left, over to the right, then the left again, then back to the middle..." he responded, not really sure where all that had come from.

You smiled, and patted him on the shoulder, "That's right. the point of this training was for you to catch on to your opponents movements, and predict their next move before they do." you shrugged, "however, if that was a real battle, I would have knocked you all out within five minutes. So, I suggest practicing with each other. Try playing hide and go seek or something, and time yourselves." You winced, it seemed you had overdone yourself. Quickly you sat down, and took weight off your feet that were stinging severly.

"Hey Alice, whats wrong!?" Fred called, noticing you were sitting in the snow with a pained expression.

You looked up, "ah... nothing." you lied. It seems that you have ripped open your wounds during the little training session. You inhaled sharply through gritted teeth when you tried to stand and show them everything was alright. Taking your shoes off to see the extent of the damage you stared in shock when your sock was dripping with blood.

"Bloody h*ll!" Ron muttered staring wide eyed at you.

As an automatic response everybody turned to also stare at you. Hermione's face had worry etched in it, so did everybody else's.

You smiled, "it's nothing, don't worry..." You put your burning feet in the snow to numb the pain a little.

Fred and George came over, and extended their hands to you.

You stared at them for a moment, were they going to hoist you up onto their shoulders or something? You didn't want to be carted around like that, it was embarrassing. You also suspected they had boney shoulders, so you really weren't feeling being carried around on them. Cautiously you took their hands.

Within seconds you were back on Fred's bed, while he and George started peeling off the bloody gauze wrapped around your feet. Both of them seem extreamly worried about your safety, and about how much blood you had lost.

Frantically Fred ran around the room, looking for the healing cream his mother had put on your feet earlier. He felt his heart pounding in his throat as he couldn't find the vial. There was a light pop as he dissapperated from the room to talk to his mother.

You could feel your vision blurring, and you were growing light headed. Just how much blood have you lost exactly? It didn't seem like it was much..... but you were also bleeding into your shoes. You cursed yourself for being so stupid, as your eyes started to flicker shut.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sensation of cool water creeped through your forehead as a wash cloth was placed on your forehead. You groaned. Your head felt like somebody had embedded an axe into it. "Why does it feel like an elephant danced on my head?" you questioned to nobody in particular.

"That would be because of the mass amount of blood you lost." an unfimilar voice answered quietly.

Your eyes snapped open, and took in your surroundings. You felt more at ease when you realized the person who responded was a nurse. "Where am I?" you questioned, the hospital you were in was seemingly very unfamiliar.

"St. Mungo's." the nurse replied simply, "A red haired boy brought you in, in a panic."

"Oh..." it was all that could escape your lips after realizing all the trouble you have more than likely caused at the burrow.

The nurse stood up, and lifted the blankets at the foot of the bed to get a good look at your feet. She put a thick cream on the bottom of your feet, and re-wrapped them with gauze.

Almost immediately you could feel a harsh burning from the cream. It took everything in you to not run outside and bury your feet in the snow to make the heat subside. You bit your lip so you wouldn't make a noise to signify you were in any pain. You sat there and took it, it was your own stupidity that got you in the situation anyway.

"You need to stay off your feet for a day or two, so the wound doesn't re-open. You'll be lucky to survive next time." the nurse told you, while hoisting up a larg pot of water.

You sighed to yourself, all you were supposed to do was help prepare Potter for Voldemort, but you were being more of a burden to them than anything. A light snarl ripped through your throat, you hated being cooped up and unable to do anything, it was a waste of time when you could be preparing for the inevitable battle that will come. Glancing around you noticed your zen on the small table beside your bed, smiling to yourself you reached over and grabbed it. You'd have to thank Fred later.

Your eyes were stinging with fatigue as they slowly drooped closed. Even though you had been sleeping quite a bit, you were unreasonably tired. Maybe it was just the hospital that made you feel like that, or the fact that you were alone with nothing to do but listen to music. You sighed. This was going to be an interesting recovery.

The sun shone on your face, prying your eyes open with the unwanted rays. You grumbled, displeased. Sinking more into your pillow you groaned because you couldn't escape the bright sun.

"All you do is sleep." a mutter came from your right.

You cracked an eye open and searched for the cause of the voice, it was George. "Oh shut it." you muttered, slighlty happy that you had a visitor.

"You've been asleep for about two days now, Alice." he replied flatly, seemingly annoyed.

You rose an eyebrow at him, "you can't be serious..." you watched as the nurse that was tending to a patient close by, looked at you and nodded in confrimation. "That must mean christmas break has pretty well officially started..." you sighed.

George shrugged, "I guess.... anyway, I'm here to take you home.... the nurses said that once you woke up you can go."

"Alright.... just let me grab my zen then..." you reached across your bed to the small table, and took hold of your zen. As soon as you grabbed it, you grabbed for George's hand, and was instantly transported to a soft bed, back at the burrow.

"Now, you have to take it easy this time, don't go pushing yourself." George stated, as he backed towards the door.

You nodded, "yeah... I know." you sighed, leaning against the pillows that you propped up. It seemed that they fixed the room you had previously destroyed after Fred and George's little prank.

There was a light knock on the door, followed by a brief pause. The door swung open and a group of four walked into the room.

"How are you feeling?" Hermione asked, taking in your pale colour.

You shrugged, "pretty good actually...." you looked from Harry, to Ron, then to Fred, who seemed to be fidgeting uncomfortablly in the back. "Whats up with him?" you asked, staring at Fred.

Everybody turned their attention to Fred for a moment, before looking back at you. "Ah, we forgot we have to go help Mrs. Weasley with something..." Harry said, before looking at George, "I think we could use your help George...."

The small group nodded to each other then stood, and left, leaving you and Fred in the room alone.

"How are you really feeling?" Fred asked, taking a step forward so he could close the door behind him. It was obvious he was extreamly worried about you.

"I really am feeling pretty good.... well, aside from apparently nearly dying." you grinned up at him, "didn't you know? I'm invincable!"

Fred smiled at you for a second, before the corner of his lips dropped back into his slightly sad expression, he took another step forward and was now standing in front of you. He dropped down to your level, and brought you into a hug. "I'm glad you're okay..." he muttered squeezing you tightly.

You were taken aback, being hugged was something completely new to you and you were unsure of how to act. Cautiously you brought your arms up and wrapped them around Fred's waist lightly. "I won't be if you keep squeezing me like that..." you whispered, starting to find it hard to breath.

Almost instantly Fred let go of you, "ah, sorry..."

You smiled at him, "it's okay..." there was an awkward silence that filled the room almost immediately. "Hey..." you asked, looking up at him, "can we go to Diagon Alley tomorrow?"

Fred shrugged, "sure..... as long as I can go check up on my joke shop..."

"Absolutely not!" you exclaimed sarcastically.

"Want to make it a date then?" Fred asked, seemingly non-chantingly. Inside he felt like his heart was going to burst through his chest as he waited for you to reply.

You looked at Fred. A date with Fred Weasley in Diagon Alley.....
♠ ♠ ♠
*grins*