Sequel: Call Me Professor
Status: (completed)

Colour Me Slytherin

Colour Me Slytherin -Draco Malfoy Story #24

Image


"Sure... why not." you smiled at him. Everytime you were around Fred, you had felt your heart flutter. You were listening to him speak intently, everytime he did speak. You actually felt like this once before, just weeks previous..... To a blonde haired, grey eyed Slytherin boy.

Fred grinned, an unnoticable glint of mischiviousness in his eye.

You eyed him suspiciously, "what are you planning?"

"Oh nothing." He replied simply,

"Oddly, I don't believe you." you stated flatly.

Fred's smirk widened, "how are we going to have a relationship if you don't trust me, Alice?"

You shook your head at him, "Sure, sure Fred."

That whole night you spent talking to Fred, not about anything in particular really, just interests, favourite subjects in Hogwarts (and when Fred was there). The two of you were so intuned into each other that neither of you noticed that Mrs. Weasley came into the room to tell you both that dinner was ready.

"Fred dear, will you bring her down?" Molly asked giving you a small smile.

"Sure thing mum." he replied, bending down and carrying you bridal style down the stairs and into the kitchen. Gently he placed you in a chair and pulled the one next to you out and took a seat on it.

You tried to ignore the looks everybody was giving you because of your enterance in Fred's arms. If anybody asked, you'd just tell them its cause you're not supposed to walk yet. That is, of course, unless you want another visit to St. Mungo's.

"We've gotten quite good at predicting the moves of others. We even got Mrs. and Mr. Weasley to have a go at hiding from us..." Hermione said, breaking the awkward silence since you entered the room.

You smiled, "that's good." At least they've been doing some training while you were healing. "We will probably resume lessons after tomorrow." you cast a glance towards Fred out of the corner of your eye, and felt a small flutter in your chest.

Dinner came to a close, Fred picked you up yet again, instead of carrying you up the stairs though, he saved you the embarassment and apparated to your room.

You smiled at Fred and tried to hide a yawn. "Thanks for not making a show of me going up the stairs..." you mumbled, trying to fight off another yawn unsucessfully.

Fred smiled back at you, before placing his hand on your head and ruffling your hair. "No problem... You should sleep though, you seem exhausted."

"A little bit..." you admitted, kind of disappointed that he was going to leave.

"Good night Alice..." he smirked slightly. He bent down and kissed your cheek then turned on his heel and closed the door behind him quietly.

You felt heat rush to your cheeks, that was the second time Fred Weasley had kissed you. Settling yourself back into the pillows you sighed, what were you going to do about this? You obviously had a thing for Fred, but what about Draco?

'What about Draco? He's a right arse.... Forget about him.'

'How does one simply forget Draco Malfoy?'

'I don't know, but he seemed to forget us pretty quick....'

You lay in the bed, just staring at the ceiling. You were very tired but sleep was being none too nice, and not coming quickly. Figuring it would help if you closed your eyes, you did so and prayed that you would fall asleep quickly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You awoke the next morning after a restless night. You managed to get a few hours of sleep, but for most of the night, you just laid in bed waiting for sleep to come. Swinging your legs over the side of your bed, you slid out from under the covers, and went over to your neatly packed trunk to find your shampoo and conditioner. It had been a couple of days that you haven't showered, and you definatly didn't smell very nice.

Sighing, the shower curtain practically slid back on its own as you turned on the water and waited for it to warm up. You let your mind wander as you thought about all the things Fred and you could do in Diagon Alley. Christmas was coming up, so it would be wise to get everybody a present for letting you stay at the burrow. You stepped into the warm stream of water and sighed, letting your tense muscles relax slightly as your mind continued to wander. You felt that you should get everybody a present for being so nice dispite the issues you have caused since being there.

You hadn't realized you were done showering until you sat yourself on your bed. Apparently you were too lost in your own thoughts to realize you had dried yourself off and wrapped yourself in a towel and walked back to your room. Going through your trunk once more you pulled out some clothes and threw them onto the bed, with a light sigh you pulled on the form fitting jeans, and slipped the extreamly warm flowy shirt over your head. Gently you pulled your long hair out from under the shirt, and flipped it over your back, letting it hang in loose ringlettes.

Fred knocked on your bedroom door, waited for a moment before opening the door and stepping into the room. He couldn't take his eyes off you while you stepped back from the small mirror to inspect your makeup carefully.

You tilted your head to the side slightly and looked at him, "hey..." a small smile graced your lips, as you took in his expression.

"Hey..." was all he could mutter out. Shaking his head, Fred took a step forward and held out his arm for you to take. "Your transportation awaits, mi'lady." Fred bowed slightly, indicating you would be travelling to Diagon Alley via apparation.

You smiled at him as you grabbed your bag. Taking his arm, and holding on tightly you felt the familiar sensation of wanting to puke wash over you, before it disappeared just as quickly as it came. You were now in Diagon Alley. You stared in awe at all the little shops, despite Voldemorts current mad rampage, and the terror that everybody felt knowing he was back, it didn't change the magic of Diagon Alley, and the beautiful scene before you.

The snow sparkled lightly as it fluttered down from the sky, creating something so close to a movie set scene, it was too perfect. You let Fred guide you along the shops so he could check up on his and his brothers joke shop.

You gazed around the shop fairly amused at all the practical joke items. You saw a faint glowing of neon pink out of the corner of your eye, and decided to investigate. As you grew closer to the pale neon light, you realized it was love potions. You rolled your eyes and shook your head, as you stared at the various varieties of the potions.

"Do you really need a love potion?" Fred asked, with a raised eyebrow as he came up behind you, clearly finished with the business for today.

"Hm, no." you mumbled, tearing your eyes away from the potions. "Do people really buy into that stuff?" you asked, not looking back at the potions.

Fred nodded, "one of our most popular items actually."

"That's pathetic....." you muttered, taking a sweeping look around the shop.

"I just heard that there was a small coffee shop that opened a few shops from here, want to go check it out?" Fred asked, as he followed your gaze around his shop.

You shrugged, "yeah sure." with that, you were lead out of the shop by Fred, back into the beautiful sparkling snow. You couldn't help but feel a little care free as Fred and yourself strolled down the snow covered cobble streets towards the little shop. You were making a mental note of all the small shops you had to go into before the two of you left, for the christmas presents you planned to buy for your new friends.

Fred held the door open to the small shop, and let you step in first. Quietly he ducked so he didn't smack his head on the door frame, and followed you inside. Taking a quick glance around, Fred grabbed a table by the window so you could watch the snow fall while you had your coffee.

You looked around the shop curiously, taking in all the smells as you took a seat at the table. After a few moments of silence passed between you and Fred, you noticed the menu's had magically appeared on the table, so you opened it and glanced at your drink options.

A stout witch waddled up to your table, followed by a floating notepad and a quill similar to something Rita Skeeter used. "What will ya be havin dears?" she asked kindly, her voice was low, but gentle.

You glanced at her, then back at the menu, "I'll have the dusk tea please."

"And for you love?" she asked, looking at Fred, who seemingly didn't even notice the menu's on the table.

"Oh, I'll have the same..." he shrugged.

As you both waited for the tea in silence, you avoided eye contact with each other. You both jumped slightly when you heard a womans shrill laugh, but pushed it to the back of your head as the waitress came out with the tea.

"Thank you." you smiled at the tiny witch as she placed the two cups in front of you and Fred. You picked up the cup, and blew on the steaming fluids before taking a sip. "This is really good...." you muttered, more to yourself than anything.

"Oh Alice dear!" you heard a voice call out as a woman came to a halt by your table.

You looked up, "Hello Mrs. Malfoy." you said curtly, making no move to get up to hug her in greeting.

She casted a disgusted look at Fred before she continued, "what brings you to Diagon Alley today?" she questioned, avoiding looking at Fred and keeping her gaze strictly on you.

"Just checking out this place with my new boyfriend." you replied, placing your hand on Fred's with a smile. You laughed at Mrs. Malfoy in your head when you saw her shocked expression.

"Oh, I see. Well I best leave you two alone then. Have a nice day." she rushed, before hurrying out of the door.

"What was that all about?" Fred asked, raising an eyebrow at you, "I'm you're boyfriend, am I?"

You smiled, "turns out I live next door to the Malfoy's.... My parents had them over for dinner one night, and Draco's parents wouldn't leave me alone about dating him, and becoming his wife..... blood lines and all that." you muttered, noticing Fred had made no effort to pull his hand away from under your own. "I hope you don't mind that I said you're my boyfriend.... Just gets her off my back..."

He stared at you, "I see...." he shifted on his chair slightly uncomfortablly, as he took another sip of the tea sitting on the table in front of him. He had felt a little hopeful that he may have a chance with you, since you called him your boyfriend, but it was just a cover....

'Don't go gettin your hopes up mate, girl like her probably has loads of guys throwin themselves at her....'

'But there is no guy like us.... and you know it, come on, we have our own Joke Shop!'

'What if she isn't into the kind of stuff.'

'Then she isn't the girl for us.'

You pulled your hand off of Fred's and took another sip of your tea. The conversation had fell quiet after the mention of the Malfoy family.

The two of you finished your tea in silence, paid the witch, and left. Walking around Diagon Alley, you went into various shops and buying small trinkets as gifts for everybody.

"Hey Fred, I'll be back okay?" you said, as he stopped to turn and look at you, "just gotta go do something quick.... I'll meet you back at your joke shop kay?"

Fred looked at you suspiciously, "Alright, but if you're not there in a half hour, I'm coming to look for you." he said seriously. These were not times to be wandering around by yourself.

You smiled, "Nothing will happen to me." without thinking you leaned up and kissed his cheek, before turning on your heel and walking down the small slope towards some shops further back.

Fred stared after you, had you really just kissed him on the cheek? He let his mind wander through the todays events as he started to walk back to the joke shop to wait for you. You have been a bit odd today, quiet, but you seemed to lean into him or bump into him more than you normally did. And there was the incident in the coffee shop where you called him your boyfriend.... You said it was just a cover, but he felt like you were trying to hint at something... He'd have to figure it out later.

You wandered down many narrow paths until you found the small shop you were looking for. Pushing the heavy bronze door inward, you stepped into the shop and was greeted by a familiar face.

"Ah Alice dear, I was expecting you." the old woman chirped, inspecting all the items you had laid out on the table.

"I need these all enchanted so they are able to communicate with each other, and I need them to send out a signal when the wearer is wounded by magic...." you said looking your god-mother in the eye, wasting no time and getting to the point.

The woman smiled at you. Not many people knew that Hesper Black was still alive, she was the wife of Sirius Black, and a rather good witch when it came to charm work. Like her husband she didn't join Lord Voldemort and his death eaters, and has been changing identities often to keep herself from being found out. "Of course my dear."

You smiled at her, how your parents knew the Black family you couldn't remember for the life of you, but you were happy that there were still few alive, especially your god-mother. You snapped out of your thoughts when Hesper handed you a wrapped package of enchanted items. You leaned over the counter and kissed her on the cheek, "Thank you!"

Hesper smiled at you, "Anytime." she watched as you walked out of the store, and back up the slope of Diagon Alley.

You nearly slipped a few times walking back to the joke shop, but because you were awesome, you didn't fall at all. Shivering lightly, you pushed the door to the joke shop aside and was greeted by sudden warmth. "Fred..." you called out, the shop was relatively empty, so you didn't think it would be too rude to just call out for him.

"Hey." Fred said, wrapping his arms around you from behind and resting his chin on the top of your head. "Got everything you need?" he asked, pulling away from you.

You looked down to your package, "yeah..." you smiled up at him, you enjoyed having Fred so close, he was so warm. You barely noticed that somebody had walked into the shop until you heard them speak.

"Well will you look it here, we have found ourselves two blood traitors...." the familiar sneer sounded through the joke shop quite clearly.

You turned to look, only to glare at the new group of people standing in the doorway.