Sequel: Call Me Professor
Status: (completed)

Colour Me Slytherin

Colour Me Slytherin -Draco Malfoy Story #26

Image


You could feel the smile creep onto your face, as you broke out into a run and tackled the people standing in the door way. You were so grateful that your parents were still alive.

“Yes, well come in.” you heard Arthur Weasley say from behind you.

Almost immediately you let go of your parents, feeling slightly embarrassed. You could feel every bodies eyes on you, but you didn’t turn to face them just yet. You decided to talk to your parents for a few moments. “How’s work?” you asked, only getting a small nod from both your parents in response.

Narin smiled at Mr. Weasley, “Thank you for inviting us over for Christmas.” her kind words were accompanied with a smile.

“Hopefully our little Alice hasn’t been too much trouble.” Axel, your father, added in. He smirked at you.

“Oh, none at all!” Mr. Weasley responded, moving your parents into the living room, so they could talk.

You went back to the oven, and checked on the turkey, making sure it wasn’t getting dried out. You could hear muttering from the people still at the table, but you decided to pretend you didn’t hear anything

Fred and George stood up at the same time, and injected themselves into the conversation happening in the living room.

You could hear George ask your parents if they wanted a toffee, to which your father objected, knowing that just by the sight of the toffee, he knew they would make his tongue grow.

“My daughter has written a few letters home about you in particular Fred…” Axel said, raising an eyebrow at him.

You felt heat rush to your face, as you turned back to the oven, pretending to busy yourself with something as you avoided the stares you were getting from George.

“Oh, she has written about me?” Fred questioned, a mischievous smirk flittering onto his face. He planned to tease you about it later.

Trying to play oblivious, you pulled the freshly baked cookies off the counter, and put them on a plate. You passed some around the people who were still sitting at the table before going into the living room, where everybody else was. You avoided eye contact with Fred, as you asked everybody if they wanted a cookie.

Fred watched as you walked around the room with the batch of fresh cookies, avoiding looking at him in any way. He had thought there was something between you and Draco, just because of the way he looked at you during the encounter in his shop. It seemed, however, that you’ve moved on, if you did even have a thing for him. Fred took a cookie from the plate, and as you walked by, he nudged your shoulder, maybe a little too hard.

You lost your grip on the plate, and it went crashing to the floor. You stared down, too embarrassed about what just happened. Quickly, you knelt down and swept the broken glass into your hand.

Fred had also bent down to help you clean up, his hand brushed against yours. He felt like he was electrocuted when he made contact with you. A tingling jolt spread out from his finger tips, and all throughout his body. He glanced at you, to see you had the same reaction he did.

Your whole body tingled when Fred had brushed your hand with his. This was the first time he had even came close to you since Diagon Alley. “Thanks….” you muttered, carefully walking towards the kitchen, the sharp shards of glass cradled in your hand.

Fred followed closely behind you. He reached around you, and opened a cabinet to reveal the garbage. Only after you emptied your hand of the glass shards, did he dump the last few cookies into the bin.

You felt Fred’s fingers brush against your neck, which sent a shiver down your spine. Busying yourself with the turkey once more, you tried to ignore the way your heart fluttered when he was so close, and the way it felt to get a small jolt from him touching you, even lightly.

For the majority of the day, you kept yourself in the kitchen, making sure nothing was burning, while everybody else enjoyed themselves in the living room, or practiced some training techniques.

Your father had gotten up with the group you had been training, to see how well you’ve been doing. He clapped you on the shoulder when he came in with Fred, George, Hermione, Ron, and Harry, saying you had done a good job of teaching them the basics in such a short time.

You smiled to yourself when your father had told you that. Even though you loved your father very much, and knew he only wanted you to push yourself, it was hard to get praise out of him. He always told you, you could do better, even when you didn’t think you could, or had been giving your all.

Other people arrived at the Burrow, presents in tow for everybody. Lupin and Tonks arrived together, who was shortly followed by Snape.

You were now flying around the kitchen, finishing off the desserts, and stuffing, and setting the table for the vast amount of people that have arrived for the small feast. You pulled Mrs. Weasley aside for a moment and asked her to watch the food so it wouldn’t burn, so you could go change your clothes. She, of course, agreed, and you ran upstairs, and pulled on something a little more fitting for the occasion.

You pulled on a white shirt and layered a black vest over the shirt. You pulled on a pair of jeans, and slipped your feet into a pair of dark flats. Walking to the mirror, you swept on a little gold and purple make-up, and put on some mascara, making your eyes pop. You let your hair loose, letting it swing down from the bun you had had it in all day.

Fred closed the door to his and George’s room. His mother felt that he should change his shirt to something a little more formal. Why nobody else had to, was beyond him. He started to go down the stairs, but turned when he heard a door click closed behind him. Even though it was a simple outfit, he gazed upon Alice, mesmerized. Walking back up the stairs, he stood in front of you.

“Uhm…. Hi…” you muttered, waiting for Fred to move out of your way, so you could rejoin the rest of the people downstairs.

“Hi…” he whispered, is voice was a little husky, as he gazed at you. The way your clothes hugged your body in all the right way, was amazing. It showed off what needed to be shown off, and hide everything that should be hidden. However, it wasn’t like you had much that needed to be hidden, you were pretty well perfect.

“Should we go join the rest of the people downstairs?” you asked cautiously, it had seemed Fred was in a bit of a trance.

Fred seemingly ignored your question. He brought his hands up, and put them on your shoulders, pushing you back into the wall gently. Cautiously, he bent down and lightly brushed his lips against yours.

You could feel your heart pounding in your throat, as Fred pushed his lips up against your gently. It was timid, and innocent. Very unlike Fred. You leaned forward slightly, pushing yourself into Fred, and licking the bottom of his lip lightly.

Fred’s response was almost immediate. His lips parted, and his tongue darted out to meet your own.

You were a little taken aback. Fred was wrestling your tongue with his own, and rather roughly. You didn’t seem to mind too much though. After what seemed like forever, you reluctantly pulled away from Fred, and looked up into his eyes, searching for a reason.

Fred looked down at you for a moment, wrapping his arms around your waist loosely, he pulled you against him, and rested his chin on the top of your head.

“We should go downstairs…” you muttered quietly, still unsure of what had just taken place. You pulled away from Fred, and started down the stairs, leaving Fred behind to stare at your retreating form.

You entered the kitchen once more, and smiled at Mrs. Weasley as she announced that dinner was ready.

Everybody emerged from the living room, and Fred appeared from the bottom of the stairs. The table seemed to have magically length itself to be able to fit the people that were in the house.

“Alice cooked this wonderful dinner tonight.” Mrs. Weasley smiled at the crowd of people, placing the massive turkey in the middle of the table. With a small flick of her wand, the turkey carved itself , and pieces placed themselves on every bodies plates.

Chatter had filled the room once again as everybody had filled their plates with the food you had worked so hard on.

You had taken your spot at the table, opposite your parents, and beside Fred. Quietly you cut your slice of turkey, and popped it into your mouth with a smile. It didn’t taste horrible.

The dinner went on without a hitch, and it was now time for dessert.

Mr. Weasley made a small swishing movement with his wand, causing the pies, and various desserts you had made, to float over to the table, and slice themselves up.

You took a small piece of the banana cream pie you made, and felt yourself become giddy with joy.

Everybody seemed stuffed, and unwilling to move, but gradually made their way back to the living room to open the presents under the tree.

You fiddled nervously with the leather cord that was around your neck, that had multiple coloured beads on it, one representing a certain person. You had bought everybody in the room a leather cuff, necklace, or bracelet. One for each member of the order, and one for the kids. The charm you had your god mother place upon each one, made it possible for each person to contact and see another person who had a charmed trinket.

Ron handed you a shabby wrapped package, and sat down, the Weasley’s, Harry, and Hermione all looked around at each other with a small grin, already knowing what was in the lumpy package. Carefully you tore away the wrapping to reveal a dark purple jumper with a pale green A knitted into it. “Thank you Mrs. Weasley.” you smiled at her kindly, as you pulled the jumper on.

Fred also pulled on his jumper, watching you out of the corner of his eye. ‘Even mum’s jumpers fit her perfectly…’

‘Well mate, that’s cause she is perfect..’

‘You better not let her go…’

‘That’s if she’ll have me…’

‘Well, it’s not like she was running, screaming when you kissed her back upstairs…’

‘You have a point…’

‘D*mn right I have a point!’


As the pile of presents grew smaller, everybody grew more tired.

You were handed a box from your parents, to which you opened quickly. There was a small capsule in the gift box, and you stared at it curiously.

“Just break it open…” your mother said quietly, a small smile gracing her soft features.

You cracked open the capsule and squeaked in surprise when a small German Sheppard puppy emerged. It was obvious that the dog was contained magically for easier transportation.

Everybody in the room turned to look at the small barking puppy that was pouncing around playfully.

Image


“It’s tradition in our family.” your dad said to the staring crowd. He leaned over to you, “I’ve talked to Dumbledore about the dog already. Under the circumstances, he can follow you to classes, and be with you at all times.”

You stared at your father. ‘Under the circumstances?’ you thought to yourself, raising an eyebrow at him, “What circumstances” you asked in a lowered voice, hoping nobody else heard.

Your father gave you a look that said “I’ll tell you later.”

You sighed, and nodded in acknowledgement. “Is it alright with you, if I keep the puppy with me?” you asked, looking at Mr. and Mrs. Weasley.

They both smiled at you, signalling it would be alright. They’ve seen dogs before, but never really up close. Witches and Wizards were more adept to cats, toads, and owls.

The last presents under the tree were the ones you had bought for everyone. They were distributed to the proper owners, and they all gasped lightly, feeling the magical energy coming from the trinkets.

“I’ve had them enchanted, so that the beads on them represent a different person of the order. Or in our case, the ones not old enough to be in the order….” you started, feeling all eyes on you. “All you have to do, is tap a bead with your finger and think of the person you want to talk to… For example, my bead is a dark purple…”

Without hesitating, Fred tapped the dark purple bead on his leather cuff, and thought of you. Almost instantly, he could hear your thoughts, and there was a small image of you projected from the bead.

Everybody stared with their eyebrows raised. This was completely unexpected for somebody your age to come up with a form of communication so complex, and hard to track, let alone figure out an enchantment that would allow such communication.

“When you tap the bead, and think of the person, the person who is trying to contact them, their bead will flash. They will then be able to hear your thoughts, so you can communicate without having to speak… essentially, nobody will know that you are communicating with anyone.” you explained.

“Bloody brilliant…” you heard a few people mumble under their breaths, quite amazed by your genius.

“How did you come up with such an idea?” Mr. Weasley asked, completely intrigued.

You shrugged, “Well, we are trying to take down Voldemort…. Secrecy is very important…” you ignored the people in the room who flinched when you said the name.

The night progressed, a few of the adults had opened a bottle of wine and was pouring them into their glasses merrily.

You and all the kids were more huddled into a corner. You sighed, Ginny never seemed too happy that you were there. She was probably still bitter that you beat her so badly earlier in the year. You took in the sight of the group, and hushed them down to explain one more thing about the trinkets you have given them specifically. “I added an extra enchantment to our trinkets.” you said, gaining their attention, “If you press my purple bead three times, I will be transported to where you are….. I request that you only use that in emergencies, and when you need back up in a battle…”

Ron stared at you, his jaw dropped, and his eyebrows raised.

Hermione had a similar expression, but she was much more composed about it.

“Wicked…” Fred and George smirked, staring at you, clearly impressed.

“However. You must be wearing your trinket at all times. It will not receive contact from anyone if you are not wearing it.” you added in as an after thought. It was something a little more along the lines of common sense.

You watched as the Weasley’s waved their guests goodbye, one by one, as they all slowly started to disperse. Walking up to your parents, you hugged them both. You refused to cry in front of everyone. You hated being emotional in public. “I’ll write you…” you said quietly, watching them smile at you, and waving before disappearing in the light snow fall that seemed to start out of no where.

Almost immediately you felt a tugging sensation through your entire body, and then you were pulled quickly. Somebody seemed to be using the bead already. You figured it was Fred and George, since they were such tricksters. You were completely shocked when you appeared in the room and came face to face with the person you least expected.
♠ ♠ ♠
*^*

~Zhel