Sequel: Call Me Professor
Status: (completed)

Colour Me Slytherin

Colour Me Slytherin -Draco Malfoy Story #27

Image


You stared at the redheaded girl in front of you. “I told you to only use that in case of emergencies.” you stated sharply, trying to keep your temper in check.

“What are you playing at. Everybody around here thinks you’re so great, but I know you’re really just pure evil.” Ginny hissed at you, her eyes narrowed.

You stared back at her calmly. “Unlike everybody here, you haven’t made any particular effort to even get to know me. I am more than well aware of my reputation at school, but when have I acted like that since I’ve been here.” you stated flatly.

“You’re obviously getting something out of this.” She retorted, raising an all knowing eyebrow at you.

You scoffed, “And what would that be?”

“I don’t know, why don’t you tell me.” Ginny requested, but it sounded more like a demand.

You rose an eyebrow at her, “Well lets see, I get a dragon, a mansion, and everything I could ever want.” you stated sarcastically. “Just because I’m in Slytherin, doesn’t make me a Voldemort worshipper.”

Ginny glared at you, you obviously just made a fool out of her, and she didn’t like it. “It doesn’t make you any better than the rest of the Slytherin’s either.”

You rolled your eyes, “What’s your deal. All I’m doing is helping so Harry won’t die.”

“We don’t need your help!” Ginny nearly screamed, determined that Harry would do fine on his own.

You scoffed, “right, then what are you going to do if you loose your wand in battle, and can’t find it? Cower in a corner, or have some sort of chance at survival.”

Ginny opened her mouth to speak, but you cut her off again.

“You make it sound like I’m doing this because I want to. If it wasn’t for Dumbledore personally requesting that I help train you all for the inevitable battle, I wouldn’t be here.” You hissed, standing up you walked towards the door, wrenched it open, and then slammed it loudly as you walked out of the room.

You reached the room you were staying in, quietly you pushed the door open and then closed it quietly behind yourself once you were in the room. Sighing, you positioned yourself on the bed, so you were able to look outside. You could see the snow that had a faint iridescent glow in the moonlight.

Noticing a small flicker of Fred’s blue bead, you realized he was listening to your thoughts. ‘What?’ you thought at him, a little annoyed.

‘Alright Alice?’ He thought back at you.

‘Just peachy.’ you thought back sarcastically, rolling your eyes.

The blue bead stopped flickering, and only moments later, your door was pushed open, and then closed quietly as Fred walked into the room. He took a seat on the end of your bed, and turned to stare at you. “What’s goin’ on Alice?” he questioned, knowing something was up.

You shrugged, “nothing…..” you avoided the flat look Fred gave you by staring out the window once more, taking in the scenery.

Fred gripped your shoulders, making you look at him. “Don’t lie to me. You’ve been down since your parents left…”

You stared at him for a moment, turning your attention to the sleeping pup on your bed, whom you stroked absentmindedly. “How would you feel knowing that, that could’ve been the last time you ever see your parents alive?” you asked, observing his taken aback expression. “It’s not like they get to sit in an office all day, completely out of harms way.”

Fred draped an arm around your shoulders, and pulled you into his chest. “It probably isn’t the easiest thing to deal with….” he muttered quietly, squeezing your shoulders lightly.

You eyed Fred suspiciously, “this is the most serious I’ve seen you be, since I’ve got here, and this is the longest you’ve been serious….. What’s going on?” you asked, changing the subject to Fred, and how he was being sketchy.

Fred raised an eyebrow at you, “I’m really just trying to make sure everything is okay with you….” he said simply, shrugging his shoulders.

You eyed him, “I call bullsh*t.” you stated flatly, not believing Fred in the least. The two of you stared at each other for a moment, before you heard a fizzing noise coming from one of his hands. Standing, you looked around his other side to see his hand engulfed in foam. “What is that?!” you asked surprised, knowing Fred was up to something after all.

Fred waited for a moment before responding. “This, is a pie to the face.” he stated calmly, quickly shoving his hand into your face.

You wiped whipped cream away from your eyes before you could open them to glare at Fred. “What the h*ll!” you practically yelled, jumping on him, and pinning him down between your legs you wiped the whipped cream onto his face.

Fred laughed, pulling himself into a sitting position, he knocked you off of his legs accidentally. This only made Fred laugh harder when he saw your face. You had chunks of cherries in your hair, along with globs of the cherry sauce. You also had whipped cream smudged all over your face, and you were glaring at him.

“Glad you find this funny. Now get out.” you hissed dangerously. Of course you saw the humour in the situation, but it didn’t change the fact that you had been used to test a new Weasley Wizard Wheezes product, and that you had sticky pie juice in your hair.

Fred pretty well rolled to the door laughing. Slinking out of the room, he uttered a “Goodnight Alice.” before completely disappearing behind the now closed door.

You grumbled, grabbing your shower stuff so you could clean your now sticky hair. You sighed, stepping out of the shower feeling much better now that you were clean.

As you reached your door, you could hear a whining on the inside. Opening it slightly, your puppy bounded out of the room doing a small dance, in a way to tell you it had to go outside to use the bathroom. “Okay…” you sighed to the dog quietly, letting it lead you down the stairs.

The dog sniffed the ground, trying to find a spot to pee. You stared absentmindedly at the ground, “what am I going to name you?’ you asked, realizing you haven’t thought of a name for your new dog. Your attention turned to the dog, when you had realized you couldn’t see him, “That’s just great…” you muttered to yourself, taking a few steps forward, only to realize your dog had blended into the shadows.

Realization dawned on you, your dog blended so well into the shadows. That’s what you would name him, “come here, Shadow.” you called, and the dog bounded over to you, wagging his tail energetically. “Good boy.” you smiled down at the dog, and petted him roughly, flopping his ears about.

Climbing the stairs back up to your room in the burrow, you flopping on your bed. There was only a few more days left of the break before you had to head back to Hogwarts. Sighing you flopped onto the bed and stared up at the ceiling. A lot of things have happened since you’ve been here. One of the most embarrassing is your developed crush for a Mr. Fred Weasley. You grumbled at the thought and turned onto your stomach, burying your face in the pillows.

Shadow jumped up onto your bed, and nudged you with his nose.

You grumbled in response, placing your hand on the dogs head to satisfy its need for attention. “Time for bed, Shadow.” you mumbled to the dog.

A small thump whispered through the room as Shadow jumped off the bed and curled up in the small dog bed on the floor.

You drifted off into a dreamless sleep, feeling at slight ease.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last few days passed by rather uneventfully. You had managed to make some time to work on, and inevitably complete your essay for Snape. You were surprised at how easily you completed the essay around all the training you did with the group.

There was a difference in how Ginny acted towards you. She was no longer extremely hostile. Only slightly. She even greeted you in the mornings now, instead of just glaring.

As the day wore on, you started to prepare for the evenings events. It was new years eve, and last you heard the Weasley’s were throwing a party which included all the members of the order, and some friends of Arthur Weasley.

Shadow followed behind you, as you moved around your room, going from you trunk, to the small mirror, to your makeup, and back to your trunk.

You were told to wear something a bit more fancy for the party tonight, so you decided on the black dress you had tucked away in your trunk. It was very form fitting and went to about mid thigh. The back of it was made up of lace, which was one of the most beautiful lace designs you have ever seen. You used a bra that didn’t reach around the back, so you wouldn’t be showing off your bra to everybody at the party. Quickly, you pulled your hair into a simple updo, leaving a few pieces by your ears to hang down in loose curls.

Sighing, you made your way towards the loud chatter coming from the first floor of the burrow. You were accompanied by the soft noise of Shadow’s claws clicking on the wood, as he also followed you down to the room full of guests. You took a deep breath before entering the living room, knowing everybody else in the house would be in there.

You heard murmurs as you entered the room, and also felt the gazes of many of the guys in the group, including Fred and George, along with their friend Lee Jordan.

“Who’s that?” Lee asked, leaning towards George, eyeing you up and down.

Neither of the twins responded, too taken aback by how stunning you looked.

“I do think it’s time for the fun to begin.” Arthur said merrily, with a swift swish of his wand, the living room expanded, causing a small dance floor to appear, along with a music machine.

You stared at the dance floor in awe, it was perfectly decorated, just enough of glitz and glam, to make it elegant. You glanced out of the corner of your eye when you heard a small giggle coming from the direction of Ginny, who seemed to have gained some courage to pull Harry out onto the dance floor.

Ginny and Harry were soon followed by Ron and Hermione. Hermione blushing a deep shade of scarlet.

They were then followed by the rest of the couples in the room, as music played loudly, but low enough to have a conversation over, without too much issue.

You smiled at the group, placing yourself in one of the arm chairs. Crossing your legs gracefully, you placed a hand on Shadow’s head, and watched the group of people dance gracefully around each other.

You felt a hand grip your own, and then tug you towards the dance floor. Without realizing it, your reflexes kicked in. Swiftly pulling your hand out of the other persons, you brought your leg up, and kneed the person in the stomach. It only took a few seconds to realize what you had done. “I’m sorry.” you mumbled, leaning over, and helping Lee up.

“Told you.” Fred muttered in the background, holding his hand open, letting George drop five galleons into his palm.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Lee groaned, clutching his stomach.

“Would you have tried to get her to dance with you if you knew about it?” Fred retorted, in a smart-arse like way.

“He has a point, mate.” George piped in, a grin plastered to his face.

You rolled your eyes at the twins, taking your seat once more.

“So, you’re going to attack me, and still not dance with me?” Lee asked, eyeing you.

You stared up at him, a little surprised. “I will dance with you, figured you wouldn’t want to dance with me after I hit you though…” you shrugged, standing up, and taking Lee’s hand. “I’m Alice by the way.”

“Lee…” Lee smiled at you, placing his hand on your hip, and taking your other hand. Leading you in the music, he twirled you, dipped you, and rolled you out of his arm, then rolled you back in.

The song slowly came to an end, only to be replaced by another song that was still slow, but a bit more up beat. You were ready to continue dancing with Lee again, but he seemed to have disappeared, only to be replaced by George.

“May I have this dance milady?” George asked, bowing slightly, his right arm tucked into his stomach, while his left was extended, out at his side. His arms slowly dropped to his sides, as he stood himself up straight.

You smiled at him, “I don’t think so.”

George faked a shocked expression, knowing you were only kidding with him. He wrapped his arm around your waist, and pulled you closer to him, in a rather bold movement.

For all the time you’ve known George, you knew he wasn’t as bold as this, that was more Fred. Sure, George had his moments, but over all, it was Fred being the mastermind behind all the pranks. You rose an eyebrow at George, questioning his new found courage.

George only smirked at you, as the two of you twirled in slow circles.

Just like with Lee, as this song came to an end, George was replaced by Fred.

“Seriously?” you questioned, giving Fred a flat look.

“What?” he asked, giving you a pouty look. “You don’t want to dance with me?”

You sighed, “Fine, fine.” you wrapped your arms around Fred’s neck. It seemed that slow songs were the theme for tonight. Normally you wouldn’t mind, but having a few more dancey songs wouldn’t kill the party either.

Feeling like you spoke too soon, the song that seemed slow, picked its pace up, and turned into something more dance like.

Fred spun you around, and pulled you back to him, with your back against his chest. He followed your lead and moved with you, swaying to the beat of the music.

You couldn’t help but feel a little bit awkward, knowing that his parents were probably watching the two of you at this very moment. Casting a glance around the room, it seemed that everybody else was doing something similar, so you didn’t feel as awkward anymore.

Fred could feel you lean into him more, and smiled to himself, so far you were having a pretty good reaction to him. Maybe things were going to go as he planned after all.

As the song slowed to an end, you walked off the dance floor, and back to the chairs, taking a seat in one of them, to take a small rest. You were then joined by Harry and Ginny, who were eyeing each other flirtatiously. You diverted your attention away from them, and down to your dog Shadow, who seemed to be needing to go outside for the bathroom. Standing up, you lead the dog towards the door, and opened it for him, letting him outside. Following your dog, you leaned against the house, grateful for the cool winter air.

“Alice?” a voice asked from the door of the house, which was then followed by a clicking noise, signalling the door was closed now.

“Hm?” you asked, recognizing the voice.

“You should come back to the party, it’s nearly midnight…..” the voice responded.

“It’s okay…. I don’t really want to be around a bunch of kissing people, when I’m the only one left out.” you smiled, tilting your head back and staring up at the stars.

There was a small tug on your arm, and you were brought into a warm chest. Your chin was tilted up, your eyes meeting the brown ones that were staring into your own.

“You won’t be left out….” he whispered in your ear. There was a brief moment of silence, before his lips crashed against yours in such passion.

Almost as immediately as the kiss started, it ended.

“Alice, would you be mine?” The boy in front of you kneeled down, like he was proposing to you.

You stared back in shock, you weren’t expecting this in the least, and you weren’t sure how to respond.

“I understand if you need time…” he stated, still not moving from his position on the ground, on his one knee, your hands in his.

“That’s not it…. I just, didn’t expect it is all….” you replied softly.

“I see, well…. Do you have an answer for me then, love?” he asked, hopeful.

You smiled at him kindly. “I do.”

“What is it then?” He seemed to be getting impatient.