Sequel: Call Me Professor
Status: (completed)

Colour Me Slytherin

Colour Me Slytherin -Draco Malfoy Story #27 part II

Image


You stared down at the man on his knee, “Yes, I will be you girlfriend, Fred.” you smiled at him kindly, helping him up and off his knee, which was now wet from kneeling in the snow

Fred wrapped his arms around your middle, and pulled you towards him. Taking in your scent, he sighed lightly into your shoulder. Pulling away from you slightly, he tilted your chin upwards once again, and kissed you. “Come on, lets go back inside and join the others.” he never gave you a chance to reply, before he pulled you back into the warm house.

“Shadow!” you called out for the puppy, which bounded into the house right after you. You felt yourself being pulled again, this time towards the only seat available in the living room.

Fred took a seat on the chair, then pulled you into his lap. A big grin was plastered to his face, as he draped his arm over you waist.

You couldn’t help but notice the looks you were getting from most of the Weasley’s. Instead of looking horrified, both Arthur and Molly were looking on approvingly. Ginny and Ron seemed to not be bothered by the fact that you were on their brothers lap. And George was merely smirking at the two of you. ‘Well, this is going better than expected…’ You thought to yourself.

‘That’s because everybody already knows.’ Fred thought back at you.

‘Fred Weasley, get out of my head.’ you thought back at him flatly.

‘I don’t think so, it’s quite cozy in here, actually. I might stay a while.’ He thought to you mischievously.

‘Don’t make me hurt you.’ you thought darkly at him.

‘You wouldn’t.’ He thought back, calling your bluff.

You didn’t think, before placing a well aimed elbow in Fred’s stomach. ‘I don’t bluff.’

‘Oww…’ Fred thought back to you, if you weren’t in his lap he would have doubled over in pain.

‘Now, kindly get out of my head.’ You thought back to him.

‘Alright, alright.’ he thought back.

You noticed the small blue bead return to its original state, signalling Fred was out of your head.

Mrs. Weasley bustled around the room with wizard crackers, handing one to everybody. When she came to you, she wrapped her arms around you tightly, apparently very happy that you and Fred were now an item. Without a word, she handed you and Fred a cracker then bustled over to Hermione, Ginny, Harry and Ron.

Everybody was chatting away, passing the time till midnight, which was about an hour away.

You fiddled with the wizard cracker in your hand, starting to feel uncomfortable in Fred’s lap. Shifting slightly to make a move to get up, you felt Fred’s grip around your waist tighten on you, signalling he wanted you to stay there. You mumbled something, and wrenched yourself out of his grip and went into the kitchen. Your dog Shadow following behind you happily.

Fred stared after you for a moment, before returning to the conversation at hand. He was discussing with George and Lee about a new product they were trying to develop for their joke shop.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Everybody was now crowded around a clock in the living room, watching the second hand move closer and closer to midnight.

“Ten…. Nine, Eight, Seven…” all the voices in the room were synchronized as they watched the clock. “Happy new year!” everybody shouted at once, grabbing their partner and giving them a big kiss.

You pulled your wizard cracker right at midnight, watching as little birds flew out of it along with the confetti, and a brand new telescope. You smiled, holding it in your hands.

Fred saw you standing with a telescope in your hands, and walked over to you. Tilting your chin upwards, he planted a light kiss on your lips. “Happy new year, love.

You smiled at Fred, “happy new year…” you leaned into his chest lightly for warmth.

“Alright children.” Molly cooed over the sound of popping wizard crackers, “time for bed.”

You mentally groaned, heading towards the stairs. It had just turned midnight, and you were already being sent off to bed. That was ridiculous! However, as you climbed the stairs behind Ron and Harry, you could feel yourself growing more and more tired, from the days training before the party.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The last few days of holidays went by as usual, filled with lots of training. Now it was time for everybody to go back to Hogwarts.

You grumbled, hoisting your trunk from the top floor, and down into the kitchen where everybody else was waiting.

“Are we all ready?” Mr. Weasley asked kindly, receiving nods from all the kids in the room. “Right then, Fred, Alice, you first.”

Fred wrapped his arm around your waist, and disapparated to Kings Cross Station.

You sat in a private room Mrs. Weasley and Tonks have secured for everyone to apparate to. Trying to ignore Fred’s hand on your thigh, you cautioned a glance at your surrounding. You were never in Kings Cross Station for longer than thirty seconds, so this was really your first chance to actually get a look at it. Bemused, you watched the muggles running to catch their trains, or strolling along in their own little world.

Another pop was heard, and you turned to see George, Hermione and Ginny had apparated to the private room.
Giving Ginny and Hermione a quick nod, you turned your attention back to the muggles, who’s forms you could only just make out through the frosted glass. Hopefully none of them noticed that more and more people seemed to be appearing in the room, without actually using the door.

Another pop, Harry and Ron stood on either side of Mr. Weasley.

“Right then, time to catch the train.” Mr. Weasley smiled at the group, not really giving Harry or Ron time to really relax after the gut wrenching transportation.

The group of kids followed Mr. and Mrs. Weasley out of the room. Everyone pretty well went to their own speed, but you and Fred were left in the back.

“I’ll make sure to come visit you at Hogwarts whenever I can.” Fred said staring straight ahead.

You smiled, “it’s not a big deal. You don’t really have to. It’s not like we won’t have any chance to talk at all… or have you forgotten your Christmas present already?”

Fred smiled down at you, “being in your head, and actually seeing you are two completely different things. Besides, who am I going to test our new products on?”

“Definitely not me.” you muttered in response, looking left, and then right to make sure the coast was clear for you to walk through the barrier. Glancing up, the trains warning whistle broke the chatter amongst the crowded platform, making you shove your way through the crowd and onto the train. “I’ll see you when I see you…” you sighed at Fred, quickly leaning up and kissing his cheek.

Turning away, you boarded onto the Hogwarts Express, and made your way to your designated cabin. You threw your trunk onto the over head luggage racks, and took a seat, looking out the window. As the train slowly started to move, you could see Fred and George waving to the others.

Fred caught a glimpse of you through a window, and turned to wave goodbye to you. How long he would have to wait to see you again, he wasn’t sure. But he was determined to make it rather soon.

You leaned back into the seats and glanced around the cabin, so far you were on your own, which was a rather rare occasion, considering at least one unfortunate soul was usually left out of the group due to an over crowded compartment. You shrugged, not thinking too deeply about it, and turned your attention to the scenery that was flitting by the window.

Draco sat amongst his group of goons. Crabbe and Goyle were on the opposite side of the cabin, while he was squashed between Pansy, whom would not stop her intolerable screeching, and Blaise, who seemed to be off in la la land, no doubt trying to tune Pansy out. “Oh will you shut up.” he said harshly to Pansy, who had now fallen silent.

Crabbe and Goyle were snickering away at Pansy, who glared at them in return, but dared not to speak.

Malfoy has been in a rather unbearably bad mood since that dinner date at your mansion, which was located conveniently enough, beside his own. His father embarrassed him beyond repair, and his mother was making friends with a highly skilled Auror. ‘Just what a death eater family needs…’ he thought to himself bitterly.

“Drakie, where are you going?” Pansy called after Malfoy, as he stood and slammed the cabin door behind him. Pansy looked around the cabin at Crabbe, Goyle, and Blaise, before taking to pouting, and staring out the window.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draco walked along the corridors, shoving students out of his way and checking in cabins, for his prefect duties.

You glanced towards the compartment door when you heard a low snarl coming from Shadow. “Hey now…” you whispered gently at the dog, there was nothing at the door for him to be growling at.

Shadow growled again, but this time it was louder. The fur on his back was rising on end as he stared at the door.

You followed your dogs’ line of vision, which came to rest on a surly face glaring in at the two of you. You returned the glare, before letting go of Shadow, who was now keen on getting close enough to the intruder to bite him, even if there was a door in the way.

Shadow charged the door, barking loudly.

Draco was taken aback by the dog that had suddenly charged the compartment. He leapt backwards to the other side of small hallway.

You glared at Draco from inside the compartment, before turning your attention back towards the window. You had no time or desire to deal with him at any given moment.

Shadow continued to snarl at Draco until he was completely out of sight.

-------------------------------------------------

The train came to a slow stop as it reached Hogwarts.

You pulled your trunk off the over head wrack and heaved it out of the compartment. Ignoring the random chit chat of other students about how great their holiday was, you pushed through the crowd, and towards the gates. You had to abandon your trunk at the gates, with Professor McGonagall, so it could be magically searched, ensuring no students brought anything dangerous into the school.
You pulled yourself into a carriage, and waited for the journey up to Hogwarts to begin. By your own great

surprise, Hermione, Harry and Ron joined you in your carriage.

“Hey.” the beamed at you.

You smiled back, but was unwilling to say anything friendly to them, so instead, you used the enchanted trinkets you got them all for Christmas. ‘I can’t really talk to you all at school, I suspect there are a few people here reporting back to Voldemort. I don’t want them to suspect anything. That, and well, I’m Slytherin, and you’re Gryffindor….’ you thought to them, slightly apologetically.

‘It’s okay, we completely understand.’ Hermione thought at you.

‘Thanks.’ you thought back, then broke off the communication. The rest of the ride back up to Hogwarts went by silently, but thankfully it was not completely awkward. You were left to your own thoughts, while Hermione, Ron and Harry all muttered amongst themselves.

The carriage lurched to a stop, and you stood, leaving it in a hurry. Climbing the stone steps of the castle, you entered the school once more, and made your way to the Great Hall for the feast tonight.

-------------------------------------

Everything seemed to have gone rather smoothly since you were back at school. Shadow had stayed relatively close to you, letting out soft snarls at anybody who got too close. “Shadow, come.” you called, getting up from the long bench at the Slytherin table, and walking towards the doors. You were rather tired after all.

Shadow bounded happily after you, letting soft yips of excitement sound from his muzzle.

You uttered the password to the prefect common rooms, and stepped inside, ignoring the one person sitting on the couch. Climbing the stairs you went up to your shared room, and pushed the door aside. Your trunk was at the foot of your bed, however, something caught your attention, it was perched on your bed, a small tin container with a note on it ‘Cap ou pas cap?’

You stared at the container, wondering where it possibly could have come from, and who would send it to you.