Sequel: Call Me Professor
Status: (completed)

Colour Me Slytherin

Colour Me Slytherin -Draco Malfoy Story #28

[img]http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m588/DeathsAngel5/Decorated%20images/Banners-/Draco.jpg[/img


The container on your bed seemed oddly familiar. As you stared at it, your eyes fluttered to the note leaned against it. ‘Cap ou pas cap?’ Picking up the container, you heard a soft jingling from the inside. Curious, you opened the tin, to reveal that it was filled with French candies. Realization hit you harder than a train hitting a zombie, as scenes from your favourite movie ‘Jeux D’enfants.’ flashed through your mind.

Putting the container down on the beside table, you moved to the end of your bed where your trunk lay, waiting for your things to be put back into the wardrobe on your side of the room. Heaving the lid open, you took some hangers, and put your cloaks on them, and hung them up.

Draco pushed the prefect dorm portrait aside, and entered the common room. He sneered at Hermione and Ron who were sitting by the fire, doing their homework. Climbing the stairs to his shared dorm room, he heaved a mental sigh, only wondering what was going to happen when he entered the room.

You ignored the sound of the door closing lightly, as the familiar scent of Draco Malfoy slithered through the room. You casted a glance towards him, and nodded your head curtly, in a greeting that said you didn’t really want to talk to him.

“You know…” Draco’s voice drawled lazily. “Father told me something rather interesting.”

You rolled your eyes, and answered with an uninterested “hmm?”

Draco barely gave you a chance to respond, before continuing on with his information, “father tells me you went to the Weasley’s for Christmas.”

You turned to look at Draco, “so what, if I had? Its no business of yours.” you stated defiantly.

“Maybe not, but people will start thinking you’ve become a blood traitor.” he retorted coolly, trying to get under your skin.

You shrugged, “I don’t particularly care about that.” you turned your back on him, and finished straightening, and putting away all your personal items. You could hear Draco give a soft ‘heh’ under his breath, indicating he thought you were a fool.

Draco watched your turned back, a flurry of emotions rising in his chest. He felt angry and hurt, because he knew you did spend the break with the Weasley’s, and he also felt confused. Confused about what happened during the break to make you care about Potter and his group.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You awoke with a start the next morning, not used to waking up back in your dorm room.

‘Well, good morning to you beautiful.’ the familiar voice of Fred Weasley rang through your brains.

“Urrrg” you mumbled back to him, clearly not impressed at being awake.

‘I’m sorry love, I don’t speak troll, can you repeat that?’

‘Oh shut up.’ you thought back lazily, laying in your warm bed a while longer.

‘If you don’t get up now, you’re going to miss the morning post.’ Fred thought to you, a hint of mischievousness in his thoughts.

‘What did you do…?’ you thought back at him warningly, not amused at having to deal with his schemes so early in the morning.

‘I’m hurt that you would think I would do anything.’ he thought back teasingly.

‘Yeah, yeah, cause you’re so innocent.’

Fred chuckled lightly before his bead went back to its normal dark blue.

“Oh, Fred Weasley, what am I going to do with you?” you muttered to yourself under your breath as you pulled yourself out of the bed.

After putting on a little bit of makeup, you walked back into your dorm room and pulled on one of your cloaks, and left the room. Almost immediately after leaving your room, you felt a horrible rage creep over you, putting you into a bad mood. Stepping out into the halls of Hogwarts, you glared at a group of fourth years, and knocked through a group of seventh years, who all glared at you in return, but did nothing. Everybody knew of your horrible reputation, and how little tolerance you had for pure idiocy.

Harry, Hermione, and Ron were all sitting in the great hall for breakfast, which was only just starting to fill with groggy students.

Ginny burst through the great hall doors, and came rushing towards the trio sitting at the Gryffindor table. “You have to see this!” she panted at them, pointing towards the great hall doors, “Alice is in a right good rage.”

As soon as the words left Ginny’s lips, you burst through the great hall doors.

The group stared at you, the image of pure rage, as you shoved through a group of Pansy’s friends.

“I know you’re just jealous that I spent the whole Christmas with Draco.” Pansy scoffed at you, as her little gang reformed around her, “but you don’t have to be a sore loser about it.”

You stopped mere inches from Pansy, “I’m sure the only thing you spent the whole Christmas with, was a giant cake.” you hissed, making a move to go around Pansy, and take your seat at the Slytherin table.

Hermione watched from the Gryffindor table, as the scene across the hall unravelled, along with Alice’s temper. “This is not going to end well…” she muttered to Harry and Ron, not tearing her eyes away from the scene.

Pansy roared with laughter, and stepped in front of you, making it so you couldn’t take your seat at the Slytherin table.

Harry and Ron strained to hear what Pansy was saying to Alice, curious on how the situation would turn out.

“Wish I had a pair of extendable ears…” Ron muttered, staring across the hall.

Harry nodded in agreement. He turned to look at Hermione to ask if she knew what Pansy was saying, but turned back abruptly when he heard a shriek come from the middle of the circle of Pansy’s gang.

You had back handed Pansy so hard across the face, that the fat lard stumbled backwards, and made the Slytherin tables move a few feet forward from when she landed on it.

Every single person in the great hall were now staring over at what was happening.

You had your wand drawn, as Pansy’s friends all had their wands pointed at you, ready to hex you at any given second. “Do it, I dare you.” you snarled at them, turning to face them.

It was almost like someone had pressed fast forward on a video, as each one of Pansy’s friends whirled around, slugs coming from their mouths, sardines from their noses, and continually growing antlers sprouting from their heads. However, the most gruesome of Alice’s victims lay on the ground, her entrails scattered on the ground, hanging out of her mouth. This was the result of the entrails-expelling curse.

“Miss Alice Smat.” a voice echoed from the head table.

You looked up towards the table to see that most of the teachers were staring back down at you in shock, Dumbledore however, was giving you a quite stern look. You held Dumbledore’s gaze as he stepped out from behind the table with Professor McGonagall and Professor Snape.

The two teachers hoisted Pansy from the ground, and left the great hall, taking her up to the hospital wing, while Dumbledore continued to approach you, holding your gaze with his own stern one.

“You will come with me.” he demanded softly, but still sternly.

You nodded and followed Dumbledore towards the great hall doors. However, before leaving the great hall, the morning post flew in through the windows.

An owl fluttered over to you, and dropped a small package in your hands, which then proceeded to shake slightly, then become so hot that it burned your hands, causing you to throw it into the air.

The package that was now falling through the air exploded into fireworks, which spelt out “I would like to present the future Mrs. Fred Weasley. Miss Alice Smat.” there was a phoenix soaring around the firework lettering, before it burst and purple glitter sprinkled down amongst the crowds, in the great hall.

You didn’t know whether to feel embarrassed or enraged that Fred would do something that stupid to you. You turned your back on the scene, and practically pushed Dumbledore out of the great hall, whom took the lead, and lead you towards his office.

“Blimey…” Ron muttered, staring up at the fading fireworks, “Fred is gonna be in for it this time…”

Harry and Hermione both stared awe struck, wondering what could have possibly possessed Fred to have done something like that.

Draco glared up at the now faded fireworks. He felt a strong pain in his chest, and hatred for the whole Weasley lot seemed to bubble over. He stood up and stormed out of the great hall, not wanting to deal with anybody at that given moment. Shoving people out of his way, he marched back to the prefect common room, and slide in behind the portrait.

As soon as the portrait covered the entrance once more, Draco whirled around and punched the stone wall, barely feeling the pain that reverberated up into his arm. “How could she do that to me…?” he hissed, picturing you beside the forever tall and lanky Fred Weasley, his arm draped over your shoulders, you with a smile on your face. “How could she just forget me so easily?”

You sat in the chair Dumbledore had conjured in front of his desk. Watching him take a seat, you couldn’t help but think about how you were going to send a very strongly worded howler to Fred later that evening.

“Nobody must know about Harry’s secret training, so I must enforce that you do not react to any negative comments towards him, Hermione, or the Weasley’s.” Dumbledore said lightly, holding your gaze from over his horn rimmed glasses. “However, that was the fastest spell work I have seen in a very long time.”

You were taken aback by this comment from Dumbledore, you came up here expecting complete and utter punishment, but instead, you were getting some sort of praise?

“Of course, I cannot let your actions go without consequence.” Dumbledore continued, barely pausing for any reaction, “I find that having two parchments written about the entrails-expelling curse, and an apology to Miss. Parkinson will be enough of a punishment.”

You stared at Dumbledore, “sir, if I may.” you paused briefly, and took the lack of interruption licence to continue, “I tried to walk away from the situation, but she would not let me. She then continued to call me a blood traitor and a Jerry.”

Dumbledore understood the blood traitor part, but not the Jerry part. “Jerry?” he questioned.

You nodded, “Brits called the Germans this in world war two… Apparently they thought it was a common name for us Germans.” You uttered, of course there were worse things you could have been called, but to hear something like that coming from Parkinson made you want to beat her fat face in even more.

Dumbledore nodded in understanding, “I see, well. You should still owl Miss. Parkinson an apology..” he started, ignoring your annoyed look, “however, if the owl gets lost trying to deliver the message, there isn’t anything that could be done about it.” His eyes twinkled slightly, as he gave you a small smirk.

You nodded at Dumbledore, and stood up preparing to leave the office. You were completely unaware of Shadow, until you nearly tripped over him. “Ah geez…” you muttered, hopping on one foot to avoid stepping on the pup. Glancing back, you could see Dumbledore with a grin on his face, however, you decided to ignore it as you pulled the door open, and left the office. “Well… That could have been a lot worse…” you muttered to yourself.

Shadow barked in response, as he bounded happily along side you down the stairs, and into the corridors.

You pushed past the crowds, your bag swinging with your books for double potions. You could hear Shadow panting lightly behind you, as he weaved in and out of students going in the other direction.

Finally, you made it to the dungeons, but it seemed that the rest of your class was already in the potions room, so pushing the heavily wooded doors open slightly, you crept into the classroom with Shadow at your heels, and groaned. The only open seat was next to none other, than Draco Malfoy.

“So nice of you to join us Miss Smat.” Snape drawled, not turning from his position on the black board, as he wrote down a few ingredients for the potion they were going to be making. “The people you are sitting beside will be your partners for the Lusticia potion. I trust that all of you had written your essay on it over the break.”

Your eye twitched slightly, you were to be partnered with Draco Malfoy for the potion? What was Snape thinking?! Clearly you were the only girl in this room capable of fending off Seth, without cursing him beyond repair.

Snape turned from the blackboard, “In that cupboard are all the supplies you need. This potion takes two days to brew.” he added, almost as an after thought.

You growled under your breath, clearly displeased with the situation.

Draco got up, and barely cast a glance towards you. Things had not worked out how they were supposed to, you were supposed to be dating him now, not Fred Weasley.

“Problem Malfoy?” the familiar voice of Harry Potter, who was just elbowed out of the way, sounded through the close quarters around the cupboard.

“Just you, Potter.” Malfoy drawled, as he grabbed the last few items that were needed for the potion, and started walking back towards his work station.

You cast a glance towards Hermione, she had the misfortune of being paired with Seth. Almost immediately after realizing this, you pressed on her bead to make contact with her. ‘Hermione?’ you thought at her, waiting for a response.

‘Oh, Alice!!’ Hermione thought back in surprise, she was just about to think something back to you, but you cut her off.

‘This is going to go horribly wrong once they take the potion. You must stick with me, by all means. Seth is well advanced in martial arts, and magic.’ You jumped a little when ingredients were slammed down on your table in front of you.

‘Yes, the more we stick together, the better chance of survival…’ Hermione thought back, casting a sympathetic look towards you.

‘Well. Good luck.’ you thought back at her, before ending the conversation so you could concentrate on the potion at hand.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bell rang, signalling the end of your double potions. As quickly as possible, you left the classroom, and joined the hoards of students heading towards the great hall for lunch. Luckily for you, you only had two different classes today, both double periods, which meant less homework for you to do later tonight. You thought it suspicious that Snape didn’t give any homework, but shrugged it off as you entered the great hall.

Shadow whimpered lightly at you, signalling it was time for him to go outside and do his business.

You sighed and turned on your heel to take him. You were unaware of the people walking so close to you, and you crashed into somebody as soon as you turned. ‘ow….’ you muttered under your breath, as you had just landed on the floor. You looked up to see the culprit, and could feel your heart beating in your throat.

Draco Malfoy stared down at you for a brief moment, also somewhat shocked, but then his stare turned into a hard one. He didn’t say anything to you at all, but just stared for a moment. He rejoined the crowd of students flooding the great hall, and walked around you.

‘That was weird…’ you thought to yourself, hoisting yourself up from the ground, so you weren’t going to be trampled. “Come on Shadow.” you called your pup, who bounded happily along at your heels.

You walked back into the great hall after taking Shadow outside to do his business. Casting a glance around, you noticed that many of the students kept casting glances at you, then whispering to each other behind their hands. Raising a well shaped eyebrow, you pulled your mp3 player out of your bag, and plugged your ears with the ear buds. It only took seconds to get to the Slytherin table, and find yourself a spot.

The students sitting around you, scrunched closer together, in turn leaving a wide gap between you, and them.

You shrugged, more space for you. You pulled a bowl of oatmeal towards yourself, and grabbed a spoon.

Seth watched you sit at the table, and saw that the others backed away from you. Possibly out of fear, or the rumours that were circulating around the school about you. The great Alice Smat of Slytherin, dating a blood traitor. Not just any blood traitor, a Weasley. Seth cast a weary glance towards the Gryffindor table, and spotted the two red headed siblings sitting there, casting occasional glances at Alice. Standing up, he shifted down the table, and took a seat directly across from you. “How was your Christmas?” he asked, trying to be casual.

You noticed Seth sit in front of you, and pulled an ear bud out of your ear so you could here him. You shrugged, “Uneventful…. Yours?” you asked, blowing on your spoon full of oatmeal.

He shrugged, “About the same.” he stared at you for a moment, something definitely was different about you, but he couldn’t pin point it. “So, your with Malfoy for the Lusticia potion…”

You looked up at Seth again, “yeah, it’s just great, isn’t it?” you asked sarcastically, not really wanting to talk about it, but continued anyway. “And you’re with Hermione Granger.”

Seth sighed, “yeah…. Can you make sure I don’t do anything I shouldn’t?” he asked, giving you a pleading look.

You nodded, “of course….. It’ll give me a good reason to smack you around a little.” you grinned at Seth. Things were still awkward between the two of you, but it wasn’t something that couldn’t be worked out.

Seth only responded with a ‘heh’. He glanced down at his watch, “I’ll talk to you later Alice, I’m gonna go grab my books for my next classes.”

“Kay, see you.” you replied, turning your attention back to your oatmeal, and plugging your ear with the ear buds once more. You ignored the people that were casting glances at you, as you sat there by yourself and ate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You took your seat in transfiguration, this class was always easy for you. Of course, because of the NEWT’s in the seventh year, the number of people in transfiguration had decreased significantly. Your desire to become an Auror, much like your parents, had driven you to succeed in all the courses you had to. You cast a glance around the room, a few students were sitting together, but you were alone in the front of the class. This, however didn’t bother you, the fewer people to bug you while working, the better.

Transfiguration passed by rather slowly and uneventfully. You have successfully turned your desk into an ostrich, and back again, while the rest of the class worked on it for the rest of the remaining time.

Picking up your bags, you left the transfiguration class room, and instead of joining the crowd that was heading towards the great hall for dinner, you veered off, and headed straight for the prefect common room. You weren’t particularly feeling any urge to be stared at by everybody, yet again.

Draco was hunched over his dinner, not particularly caring about anything, just keeping an eye out for you. Despite what he was feeling for you, he knew that you were dating that blood traitor, Fred Weasley, and as long as he was in the picture he would have no chance. He had to change that.

You pushed your dorm room door open, and slid inside, not really wanting to dwell in the room long, you pulled off your robes, and put on a hoodie instead. Grabbing your bag from off your bed, you swung it onto your shoulder and made for the door.

There was a small noise that was heard through the room, almost like a metal ball was dropped onto the stone.
You turned around and saw a small locket on a chain laying on the ground, a note magically attached to the chain. Walking over to it, you bent down and picked it up, you magically unattached the note from the chain, and held it up to the light so you could read it. “Cap ou pas cap? If you want to play, wear this to breakfast tomorrow morning.”

Shadow let out a soft, low growl as you stared at the locket and note.

You sighed, ‘It’s fine Shadow…” as you stowed the locket into your pocket. You swung your bag over you shoulder once more, and headed towards the common room, where you decided you were going to work on your homework for the evening, right next to the fire.

Every now and then you found yourself thinking about the locket, and whether or not you should take on this challenge. ‘Could make things more interesting….’ you thought to yourself, a small smirk fluttered across your lips.