Sequel: Call Me Professor
Status: (completed)

Colour Me Slytherin

Colour Me Slytherin -Draco Malfoy Story #32

Image


You awoke with a start, your wand drawn, and ready for battle. One glance from around the room, however, told you that the battle was over, won or lost, you were unsure of, but all you knew, was you were in a bed at The Burrow. You could hear the slow inhale and exhale of another person in the room, cautiously you pointed your wand in the direction of the breathing, and muttered “lumos.” The thin beam of light shone on Fred’s face.

Fred’s eyes opened, he squinted against the beam of light shining in his eyes. “Alice?” he asked, sitting up. He put his hand over his eyes, in an attempt to shield his sight from the beam of light casted from your wand.

“Fred?” you asked, unsure why you asked considering you already knew it was him. You could hear immediate shuffling from the other side of the room, and then there were arms wrapped tightly around you, and Fred’s face buried in your neck.

“Don’t you ever do that again.” Fred whispered. Although his voice was soft, it still had a sternness to it.

You were a little taken aback, “do what, exactly?” you asked, unsure of what you did wrong.

“Don’t you ever scare me like that again.” Fred leaned back slightly to look you in the eyes. Even though he wasn’t crying, there was pain and worry evident in them.

“Oh, Fred….” you muttered, pulling him into a tight hug, “you don’t have to worry about me so much….” you found your hands stroking his hair in an attempt to be comforting. You felt him squeeze you tightly for a brief second, before releasing you.

“You should go back to bed…” he muttered, looking down at the watch on his wrist.

“Where are you going?” you asked, watching him stand up, and walk towards his bed.

“Back to bed, it’s only one in the morning.” he said in a hushed tone, as to not wake anybody else in the house.

“Stay with me?” you asked innocently, moving over so he could climb into the bed with you.

Fred stared at you for a moment, a small smirk fluttered onto his lips. He headed back towards your bed, and climbed onto it, wrapping his arms around your waist, he let you burry your face against his chest. Fred rested his chin on the top of your head, absentmindedly stroking your hair. He could hear that you had fallen asleep again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You awoke the next morning feeling rather warm and constricted. Your back was pressed to something firm, but you were unsure of what it was because you were facing the wall. You could feel a weight hanging on your waist, and looked down to see Fred’s arm dangling there. Of course, the only logical conclusion now, would be that Fred and yourself had slept in the same bed. The memories of earlier that morning flooded back to you. A small smile crept through you; brushing the hair off of Fred’s face, you kissed his forehead lightly.

“Good morning to you too…” Fred mumbled, hugging you to him. “Get dressed, we’ll go down for breakfast…”

“Alright…” you sighed, pulling yourself free from Fred’s grasp. After changing in the bathroom, you went back to your room to get Fred, who had changed while you were away. “Ready?” you asked, your voice tired and worn.

Fred stood up, and took the lead, heading down the stairs ahead of you. “Morning mum.” Fred greeted his mother upon entering the kitchen.

“Morning.” you smiled at Mrs. Weasley from behind Fred.

“Oh Alice dear, how are you feeling?” Mrs. Weasley bustled forward, pulling you into a hug, then holding you at an arms distance to get a look at you. She had a few scratches on her face, undoubtedly from the battle.

You smiled at her, “I feel pretty good, actually.” you said happily, stretching your arms and back out.

“Ah, well it’s time for a spot of breakfast.” Molly replied, ushering you and Fred towards the table, where you joined George, Ginny, Bill, Fleur, and Mr. Weasley. All of them seemed to have a few battle wounds, but it didn’t appear as anything too serious.

George patted you on the back silently, as in silent thanks for the other night.

“Seems like the death eaters know that you’ve been helping us, Alice.” Mr. Weasley said, casting glances around the room.

You held his gaze for a moment, “well, that complicates things…” you replied. Your parents are both well known aurors. It was also well known that you had taken after them, being well adept to muggle fighting, and wizard duelling. And now the death eaters knew you were helping members of The Order.

“We are also being followed.” Mr. Weasley said, this fact seemed to cause more unease, then their knowledge about you helping train Harry Potter.

“Well…. We do have a place they can’t follow us…” you said, looking at the Weasley family, suggesting your mansion. “Of course, it would be dangerous…. We are next to the Malfoy’s…” the last bit you whispered, a small fear of being overheard was screaming in the back of your mind.

“For now, it would be better for us to act as normal, instead of disappearing off to other places.” Mr. Weasley said, thinking about the graveness of their situation.

You nodded, “I completely understand.”

The morning discussions were brought to an end as Molly Weasley brought over breakfast. She put a large helping of eggs and bacon on your plate, telling you, you needed to eat to get better.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was now late afternoon when you decided to say your good-byes. You thought it best to go back home, so you wouldn’t cause any more trouble for the Weasley’s. You made sure to tell them, that if anything happened, they were more than welcome to stay with you. Even though you were next door neighbours with the Malfoy’s, the Fidelius Charm would keep everybody safe, for you were positive you would not be telling anybody from Malfoy Manor the address to get into the house.

Molly hugged you as you were leaving out the door. She warned you to be very careful, and attentive to what was happening around you.

You smiled at Mrs. Weasley, “I’m sure I’ll see you all soon.” deciding to leave at that moment, instead of dragging it out, you turned and stepped outside, disapparating outside the front door.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The summer had passed quieter than you had inspected. Other than being forced to prove your blood status, nothing very eventful happened. You had fallen into the habit to contact Fred and George at least once every other day, between training with your father. A couple of times the Weasley’s had joined you at your house, although in complete awe, they came to train with you and your father. Nothing wrong with being as prepared as you could be.

It was now mandatory for all students to attend Hogwarts, no doubt, it would make it easier for the ‘ministry’ to weed out the muggle borns.

You were sitting on the train, in a section by yourself. The cabins were gone, and it was now one open area, with seats. You were sitting near Neville Longbottom, Luna Lovegood, and Ginny Weasley. In private, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley had asked for you to watch out for Ginny, make sure she didn’t get hurt. You, of course, agreed.

The train had slowed, and come to a complete halt. Students were looking around, wondering what was happening. Footsteps could be heard, and then death eaters appeared in the train compartment.

Instinctively you gripped the handle of your wand, prepared to pull it from the leg strap around your thigh. You saw out of the corner of your eye Neville Longbottom stand.

“Hey, losers…. He’s not here.” Neville had stepped forwards, telling the death eaters off.

You knew Neville was drawing attention to himself to protect the other students on the train, but you sat, and waited for them to make a move. Just as quickly as the death eaters had appeared, they disappeared, and the trip to Hogwarts continued.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was no longer a Defence Against the Dark Arts class, it was just the Dark Arts. Amycus Carrow and his sister were in charge of punishment, and more than often students were given extra marks for using the crucio curse on those students who had earned themselves detention.
You had been beaten up fairly badly by this point in time in the year. Multiple times you were caught protecting other students from punishments. Not only did they get their punishments, but you got their punishments ten fold. You had written Mrs. Weasley, convincing her to take Ginny out of school before she would get murdered. Fred had contacted you through the beads to ask what was happening at Hogwarts that was so bad. However, he contacted you in the middle of receiving a particularly vicious crucio curse. Fred demanded that you leave Hogwarts before you were murdered, but you declined, you were not the only one fighting the Death Eaters, and Snape, which you let slip to him that those of you who were fighting had taken refuge in the room of requirement.

Fred had contacted you less and less during the Hogwarts year, worried he would be forced to listen to you screaming in your head as you were tortured again. Usually he left it up to you to contact him.

One particular day, after sneaking out of the room for a stroll with your now fully grown German Sheppard, Shadow, you returned to the room only to be greeted by a crowd of people around none other than Harry Potter. And then it happened, a voice rang through every bodies ears.

“I know Harry Potter is here. We give you until midnight to hand him over. I do not want to spill any more magical blood than I have to.” Voldemort’s voice rang through the halls of Hogwarts.

“What do we have to do?” you asked Harry, stepping forward. There was no question about it, nobody in this castle was going to hand over Harry Potter to Voldemort.
♠ ♠ ♠
A few more chapters and this is good to go..
*grins*
Anyone wanted a sequel?

~Zhel