Sequel: Call Me Professor
Status: (completed)

Colour Me Slytherin

Colour Me Slytherin -Draco Malfoy Story #33

Image


“I need you to get everybody into the great hall.” Harry told you sternly. Whatever he had to look for, it was just going to be him, Hermione, and Ron.

“Right.” you turned on your heel to face the crowd. “Come on you sorry lot, let’s go to the great hall.” no one had dared argued with you. You were the one that had taken up the post of teaching them defensive spells, and muggle fighting while Harry was gone. They were more than well aware of what you were capable of.

The room of requirement emptied steadily after you, following you down to the great hall where Professor McGonagall stood awaiting all the students.

“All students will be evacuated.” Professor McGonagall’s voice rang out through the silent hall.

“What about those of us who want to stay and fight?” A voice over from the Hufflepuff table asked.

“Then those of you who are of age can stay.” McGonagall answered. “We have placed protection around the castle, but it is unlikely to hold very long unless we reinforce it. I must ask you, therefore, to move quickly and calmly and do as your prefects-” she was cut off by a cold voice that had taken over the great hall.

“We know you are preparing to fight.” there were screams from some students, while others clutched to each other looking around terrified for the source of the voice. “Your efforts are futile. You cannot fight me. I do not want to kill you. I have great respect for the teachers of Hogwarts. I do not want to spill magical blood.”

There was silence through the great hall, the kind that pressed on eardrums, the kind that was deafening.

“Give me Harry Potter,” said Voldemort’s voice, ‘and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter, and I shall leave the school untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded… You have until midnight.”

The silence swallowed the students once more, eyes were turning to look at Harry Potter, who was creeping along the walls by the Gryffindor table.

“But he’s there! Right there! Somebody grab him!” Pansy Parkinson’s voice echoed through the great hall.

Before anybody could say anything the Gryffindor’s all rose from their seats, and stood. Not facing Harry, but stood with their backs to him, facing Pansy instead. Seconds later both Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff houses followed suit.

“Thank you Miss. Parkinson.” McGonagall said calmly, “you will be the first to leave with Mr. Filch. You can take the rest of your house with you.”

Silently the Slytherin’s all stood and followed Filch out of the great hall. You were the only one standing there after your house left.

“Ravenclaws, follow on!” McGonagall called over the scraping and shuffling of students and benches.

Eventually the house tables had emptied, except for those students who wanted to stay and fight.

McGonagall had found a few under aged students and kicked them out. While the students were leaving the hall, The Order arrived.

Kingsley captured the attention of the students and teachers now huddled in the great hall. “We’ve only got a half hour until midnight, so we need to act fast! A battle plan has been agreed upon by the teachers of Hogwarts and The Order of The Phoenix. Professors Flitwick, Sprout, and McGonagall are going to take fighters up to the three highest Towers - Ravenclaw, Astronomy, and Gryffindor - where they’ll have a good overview, excellent positions from which to work spells. Meanwhile Remus” he pointed towards Lupin, “Arthur.” He pointed towards Mr. Weasley, sitting at the Gryffindor table, “and I will take groups into the grounds. We’ll need somebody to organize defence of the entrances of the passageways into the school-”

“Sounds like a job for us!” called Fred, indicating himself and George. Kingsley nodded his approval. Fred casted a glance towards you. He was taken aback by the worry your features wore.
“All right, leaders up here and we’ll divide the troops!” Kingsley announced.

Almost instantly the students went with particular leaders. Everyone turned in shock to see two Slytherin’s entering back into the great hall to join the fray. Seth and Tom stood by you, as you joined Lupin and Mr. Weasley.

“We came to help.” Seth said, as Tom nodded in agreement beside him.

Mr. Weasley and Lupin were giving them both sceptical looks, and were about to send them back out of the castle, but you interrupted them.

“We will need both of them. They are as equally skilled as I am, and having them will minimize our casualty rates.” you told them.

Both of them accepted your statement, and continued to give instructions to the group that had joined them, without question.

Fred grabbed your arm and pulled you aside. “I don’t want you out there fighting.” he said sternly, searching your eyes for a hint of fear, or doubt that they were going to win.

You smiled up at Fred sadly, “our first line of defence is important, Fred. I can’t just sit in the great hall while others are risking their lives for a Voldemort free world.”

“Defend the entrances with George and I!” he exclaimed, desperate to keep you out of harms way.

“Fred. How many times have I told you not to worry? I will be with Lupin and your dad, do you really think they’re going to let me die?” you retorted hotly, “I know you’re worried about me, but don’t be. You can’t fight and be thinking about me, it will get you killed.” you pulled your arm from Fred’s grip, and hugged him tightly. “I will see you when this is all over.” You walked away from Fred, but didn’t turn your back on him.

Leaders ordered their groups to their stations, taking up the end. Lupin and Arthur had lead their group out onto the grounds and started uttering incantations, pointing their wands up in the air.

You joined in on the incantations, murmering your own Germanic ones. Hopefully they would hold long enough for Harry to do whatever it was he was doing.

Everything along the grounds and in the castle were silent. It was almost as if a few spot lights were placed on the fields through the windows that shone with the shimmering golden light.

Feeling like it was too quite, you drew your wand from your leg holster. Tom and Seth both did the same, along with the others that were on the grounds. “Be prepared for anything. Do not hesitate. Kill if you have to.” you said under your breath, loud enough for only Seth and Tom could hear. You were more than well aware of what killing did to the soul, and that was definitely not something you wished on others.

Quite suddenly the sky had light up, jets of light were flying towards the castle, and then colliding with the protective enchantments that the teachers and yourself had set up around the castle. The spells collided with barrier with a deafening bang, while more came flying behind it. It was only a matter of time before the barrier would fall, there were already large cracks forming in it.

The battle begun.

Death eaters were flying into the grounds, you were casting spells and hitting most of them as the flew by.

“We can’t let them reach the castle!” you screamed over the ferocious battles. You knew that if they did, Fred and George would be murdered on the spot. You saw a jet of scarlet light fly at one of your comrades backs, and cast a protego spell between them, and the death eater.

The battle raged, you had lost track of who was alive, and now dead, but as being outside was a death wish now, you had retreated towards the castle. You rushed through the halls, searching for Fred. As you ran, you helped students with their duels, hexing, cursing, charming, and jinxing all death eaters in sight.

Turning abruptly, you could hear the familiar joking voice of Fred, it seemed that he and Percy were having a good conversation, Percy seemed to be joking about something. You could tell by how Fred was responding to him, he had forgiven him for being such a prat the past few years.

“Fred!” you called out, slowing your run to a jog.

Fred turned, and stared at you for a moment, a giant grin plastered to his face as you approached.

You were now a few feet away from each other. Your heart was beating hard in your chest.

“Alice Smat, I love you.” Fred spoke clearly over the bangs that were heard from outside.

You stared at Fred for a moment, completely shocked. You took a few running steps forward, about to embrace Fred, to tell him that you loved him also, to kiss him. It seemed that, that wasn’t going to happen. You had only taken a few steps towards Fred when it happened. The loudest explosion had rung through your ears; a giant cloud of dust blurred your view of what had happened. “Fred?” you called, stepping towards the dust cloud, that was slowly starting to settle. What you saw before you at that very moment made the blood in your heart freeze.

Percy was crouched over Fred, tears in his eyes. All he could manage to say was Fred’s name over and over again. Although he was not sobbing, he still had to steady himself with a breath each time he cried Fred’s name.

You dropped to your knees, staring. This could not be happening, not to Fred… you crawled towards the body of Fred Weasley, your body trembling with every inch that brought you closer. “Fred…. Stop joking around…” you pleaded, reaching his body, you gripped the front of his clothes, and peered down at his face. His eyes were vacant, there was no life in them. No sparkle, just a vacant void… His glossy eyes staring into nothingness. “Fred, please…” your voice started cracking. There was a smile on his face, as if his laugh was frozen, caught somewhere between leaving his lips, and being heard. You could feel the tears fall from your eyes, and onto his dusty clothes.

Fred Weasley was dead. The ghost of his last laugh etched onto his face.

“FRED!” you screamed. It was a heart breaking scream. Your voice kept cracking as you cried his name, hoping he would wake, laugh at you for falling for his prank. You knew deep down that it would not happen, and slowly stood. Your eyes had lost all sparkle, all sense of a living person.

Percy watched you, still covering his brother’s body from further harm.

You stumbled forward, spells flew by you, missing you by millimetres. Yet, you did not flinch, you barely acknowledged that it happened. You continued to walk, you felt hallow, empty, broken. The visions of your cousin being murdered in front of you, and now Fred dying, flashed inside your head.

A Death Eater had pointed in your direction, and a few of them advanced on you. “What would you be doing here all by yourself, girlie?” the one sneered.

You barely noticed the words the masked man had spoken to you, but only felt such a rage upon seeing him, and the two other death eaters approach. It was almost like your body moved on it’s own, your wand acting on it’s own. Before you knew it two of the death eaters were dying from being slashed with Sectumsempra, while the other one had his head smashed against the wall with such force that his skull crumbled away. Blood trickled down the wall as you let go of the man’s head, letting him crumple to the floor, dead.

You continued your silent rampage, letting the rage and hatred fill you up, letting it take over like a Fiendfyre.

Another Death Eater tried to rush you, her wand pointed directly at you.

You barely glanced at the woman, but pointed your wand at her, “Aqua Eructo.” you hissed, immediately a jet of water sprayed from your wand. This was different from all other spells that brought water, this one you could control. You had thought briefly about what you wanted the water to do, and it did it, for within moments, the death eater woman had dropped to the floor, drowning.

“You have fought,” said the high, cold voice. “valiantly. Lord Voldemort knows how to value bravery. Yet, you have sustained heavy losses. If you continue to resist me, you will die, one by one. I do not wish this to happen. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a loss and waste. Lord Voldemort is merciful. I command my forces to retreat, immediately. You have one hour. Dispose of your dead with dignity. Treat your injured. I speak now to, Harry Potter, directly to you. You have permitted your friends to die for you, rather than face me yourself. I shall wait for one hour in the Forbidden Forest. If, at the end of that hour, you have not come to me, have not given yourself up, then battle recommences. This time, I shall enter the fray myself, Harry Potter, and I shall find you, and I shall punish every last man, woman and child who has tried to conceal you from me. One hour.”

The hall was silent, death eaters were retreating quietly, and defenders of Hogwarts were pulling bodies back into the great hall.

You had disappeared into the great hall, walking by all the people mourning their friends who were lost in battle. Your dead eyes wandered the hall until they fell upon Fred’s body. The rest of the Weasley’s were all crowded around him, Molly, Ginny, and Fleur were sobbing over his body, while the rest of the Weasley men tried to hold back their emotions.

George, the twin whom was more sensitive and quiet than his now dead brother, had tears falling silently from his brown eyes. The reality of what was happening around him had just hit him very hard as he continued to stare down at the body of his dead twin. It was as if somebody had taken a piece of him, and threw it into a fire. His insides felt numb and empty.

You crouched down beside Fred. Laying on your side on the floor, you rested your forehead against his shoulder, and gripped his cold hand in your own. The hallow feeling inside your chest increased significantly as tears fell once more from your dead eyes. All you wanted to do was lay there, and pray you die along with Fred. Nothing else mattered now.

Mrs. Weasley and Ginny hugged each other, trying to stop their sobbing as they watched you lay with Fred. The look of heartbreak took over your features, as well as their own. They could only imagine how you were feeling, they only knew him as a son and a brother, never anything else. You however, knew him as a friend, and had such a deep bond from the moment you both met.

Mr. Weasley wrapped his arm around George, who had a very child like appearance. “It’ll be alright, George…” Arthur mumbled, not only was he saying it for George, but for himself.

“Fred….” you murmured softly, you had expected him to reply, but the cold hand in your own told you he would not. “I love you too.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The hour has passed, but yet nothing. Something was not right. The crowds of fighters left the great hall to go out into the courtyard to prepare for a new battle.

You were torn away from Fred’s body, Mrs. Weasley said that you would have to let go. Not right now, but eventually. She took you from the great hall, and out into the courtyard with the rest of Hogwarts defenders.

The crowd all stood in shock. Hagrid stood before them, a body in his arms.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
TT______________________TT

let's all cry right now..