Sequel: Call Me Professor
Status: (completed)

Colour Me Slytherin

Colour Me Slytherin -Draco Malfoy Story #34

Image


“NO!” the scream was terrible, no one had expected Professor McGonagall to be able to make such a noise.

The defenders all turned at the sound of Bellatrix’s cackle at McGonagall’s despair.

You could hear Ron, Hermione, and Ginny all screaming their dismay at Harry’s lifeless body. Their screams were worse than McGonagall’s.

“Silence!” roared Voldemort, there was a bang and a flash of bright light, and everything in the area had fallen silent. “It is over. Set him down, Hagrid, at my feet, where he belongs.”

The onlookers watched as Hagrid lowered Harry Potter’s body onto the grass in front of Voldemort.

“You see?” Voldemort’s voice was silky, but harsh, as he strode back and forth right beside the place Harry lay. “Harry Potter is dead! Do you understand now, deluded ones? He was nothing, ever, but a boy who relied on others to sacrifice themselves for him!”

“He beat you!” Ron yelled. Voldemort’s charm had broken. The other defenders of Hogwarts all yelled and screamed in their protest, until a second, more powerful bang extinguished their voices once more.

“He was killed while trying to sneak out of the castle grounds,” said Voldemort, this particular lie seemed to be gleeful to him, “killed while trying to save himself.”

You stepped forward, reaching for your wand. A hand pulled your own from your wand, and tugged you backwards. “Lies!” you screamed. Yet another bang rang through the air, and the crowd was silenced once more. You swore you could have caught a glimpse of white blonde out of the corner of your eye, but when you turned to look, it was gone.

Neville had stepped forward, his wand drawn, ready to fight Voldemort. He was quickly disarmed, and fell to the ground with a grunt of pain.

Voldemort threw Neville’s wand aside and laughed, “And who is this? Who continues to fight while the battle has already been lost?”

Bellatrix cackled loudly, “Neville Longbottom, my Lord! The boy who has been giving the Carrow’s so much trouble! The son of the Aurors… Remember?”

“Ah yes….” Voldemort turned to look at Neville once more, “But you are pure-blood, aren’t you, my dear boy?”

“So what if I am?” Neville glared, venom in his words.

“You show spirit, and bravery, and you come of noble stock. You will make a very valuable Death Eater. We need your kind, Neville Longbottom…”

“I’ll join you when hell freezes over!” Neville shouted, “Dumbledore’s army!” There were answering cheers from the crowd behind him, Voldemort’s silencing charm seemed unable to hold.

“Very well.” Voldemort stated, everyone could hear the danger in his voice. “If that’s your choice, Longbottom, we will revert to our original plan… On your head.” he said quietly, “be it.” with a wave of his wand the sorting hat appeared. “There will be no more sorting at Hogwarts school…. No more houses, the emblem, shield, and colours of my noble ancestor, Salazar Slytherin, will suffice for everyone. Won’t they, Neville Longbottom?”

He pointed his wand at Neville, who grew rigid and still, then forced the hat on Neville’s head, so it slipped below his eyes like the first time they were all sorted.

You, along with many other’s in the crowd stirred restlessly, unsure of what was going to happen to poor Neville.

As one, the Death Eaters rose their wands, holding the fighters of Hogwarts at bay.

“Neville here is now going to demonstrate what happens to anyone foolish enough to continue to oppose me,” said Voldemort, and with a swift flick of his wand, the Sorting Hat burst into flames.

There were screams from the crowd, splitting the silent dawn air, as they watched Neville aflame, rooted to the spot unable to move.

You couldn’t take it anymore, and rushed forward. “Aquamenti!” you screamed, extinguishing the flaming hat.

A lot of things had happened at that moment. There was an uproar around one of the distant boundaries of the school, it sounded like thousands of people were running towards the castle, screaming war cries, Grawp came staggering around the side of the castle and yelled “HAGGER!”

His cry was answered by roars from Voldemort’s giants. It was like an earthquake as they ran at Grawp, charging like bull elephants.

Then came the sound of hooves, the sound of bows rang through the air as arrows fell from the sky, causing the Death Eaters to break ranks.

Everyone had stopped briefly, there stood Neville, the sword of Gryffindor in his hands, and the severed head of Nagini laying by his feet.

Voldemort’s mouth was wide open in a scream that nobody could hear, the body of his beloved Nagini fell limp at his feet.

You stepped forward, between Voldemort and Neville, ready to defend the school, defend the people now fighting for freedom, defend your friends.

Above the loud roars of battle, Hagrid’s voice rang loud and clear, “Harry!” Hagrid shouted, “Harry?! Where’s Harry?!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chaos reigned, the centaurs now joined the battle, along with the Thestrals, and Buckbeak the Hippogriff, who were now scratching and clawing at the giants eyes from above, while Grawp punched and pummelled them.

With all the mayhem going on outside, even without the Death Eaters, and Defenders of Hogwarts alike, were forced into the castle, so as not to be trampled by all the other massive creatures.

Friends and family of Hogwarts students had arrived to help in the battle, along with the owners of stores down in Hogsmead. Three centaurs entered the Great Hall also, and within seconds of their arrival, the house elves from the kitchen had joined the battle, leaded by none other than Kreacher.

You found yourself locked in a duel with Bellatrix. Nothing felt better than to avenge your cousin, and Fred. You had no doubt in your mind that she had something to do with Fred’s death. You slashed and thrusted your wand at Bellatrix, occasionally landing a hit with Sectumsempra.

“NOT MY DAUGHTERS YOU BITCH!” Molly screamed, throwing her cloak aside, and freeing her arms. She took a step in front of you and Ginny, “Out of my way!” her voice was deadly.
Bellatrix cackled, turning to face her new opponent.

You stared at Molly, she had just said 'daughters' she only had one daughter. Then it dawned on you, she must think of you as one of her own children.

Molly started the duel with a swish of her wand. Her constant spell work had made Bellatrix’s smile falter. The way Molly slashed and twirled her wand was mesmerizing.

You pulled Ginny back a little bit, noticing the ground becoming hot and cracked underneath your feet, it would appear that both Molly and Bellatrix were duelling to kill.

A couple of students ran forward to help Mrs. Weasley, but you held out your arm at the exact same moment she screamed “Get back, get back, she’s mine.”

“What will happen to your children once I’ve killed you?” Bellatrix taunted, clearly as insane as her master, “When Mummy’s gone the same way as Freddie?”

“You- will- never- touch- my- children- again!” Molly screamed,

Bellatrix laughed, the same laugh she laughed when she murdered Sirius.

You felt something inside you snap. You dashed forward, skidding to a halt behind Bellatrix, seemingly unnoticed. Quickly you pulled out a silver knife from a strap on your thigh, and put it to Bellatrix’s throat. At the exact same moment one of Mrs. Weasley’s curses hit Bellatrix directly over her heart, from under her arm, you slit her throat.

Bellatrix’s gloating smile faded, and her eyes bulged. A strange gurgling noise came from her slashed throat as blood dripped down her chest and onto the floor. The arm that was holding her shoulders let go, and she dropped to the floor.

You stood behind Bellatrix, blood splattered on your face. Your face was darkened, as you turned to Voldemort, who screamed.

The three that were duelling Voldemort were blasted backwards, by something with the force of a bomb, he raised his wand at Alice and Molly, murder in his eyes.

“PROTEGO!” bellowed Harry pulling off his invisibility cloak.

“Harry! He’s alive!” people cheered from the crowds surrounding the edges of the great hall. As soon as the cheers started, the quieted at once, all fearing what Voldemort would do.

You stepped back against the wall, your wand held steady, your knife that was dripping blood in your other hand.

Harry had told everybody he didn’t want anybody to help, it had to be him. He explained to Voldemort that he kept making the same mistakes, how Dumbledore knew of more than he did, how Harry had magic Voldemort did not.

You cast a look around the room, keeping a wary eye on the door incase some Death Eaters tried to join the party.

“Severus Snape wasn’t yours,” said Harry. “Snape was Dumbledore’s, Dumbledore’s from the moment you started hunting down my mother. And you never realised it, because of the thing you can’t understand. You never saw Snape cast a Patronus, did you, Riddle?”

Voldemort remained silent, the continued to circle each other like wolves about to fight over the freshly slaughtered doe.

“Snape’s Patronus was a doe,” said Harry, “the same as my mother’s, because he loved her for nearly all of his life, from the time when they were children. You should have realised,” he said, as he saw Voldemort’s snake like nostrils flare, “he asked you to spare her life, didn’t he?”

“He desired her, that was all,” sneered Voldemort, “but when she had gone, he agreed that there were other women, and of purer blood, worthier of him -”

“Of course he told you that,” said Harry, “But he was Dumbledore’s spy from the moment you threatened her, and he’s been working against you ever since! Dumbledore was already dying when Snape finished him!”

You were getting bored, anxious, a huge desire for this to be over rose up in your chest. Harry was telling Voldemort that his last chance was to feel some remorse, to which Voldemort had become enraged. Harry just said the true master of the Elder Wand was Draco Malfoy. You looked up sharply, so that’s what happened. Draco had been sent to kill Dumbledore by Voldemort, but he couldn’t, so Snape did it instead, to spare Draco’s life. You felt a small flutter in your stomach, was he still alive? Was he murdered in the war, just like Fred? There was a pang in your chest at the thought of Fred.

Fred Weasley, who fought so valiantly for freedom, for Harry, for you. Fred Weasley, who would never grow old, never get married, never have children of his own. Fred Weasley, who now lay on the cold stone floor, in Hogwarts hospital wing.

You could feel the tears prick at your eyes, but you refused to let them fall. You knew Fred would have wanted you to be happy. You had to be strong, not only for yourself, but for the Weasley family also.

“So it comes down to this, doesn’t it?” Whispered Harry. “Does the wand in your hand know it’s last master was Disarmed? Because… If it does, I’m the true master of the Elder Wand.”

While lost in your own thoughts, the final battle between Harry and Voldemort had begun. Their wands continually joining, seemingly equally matched. As soon as it had begun, it ended. The Elder wand soared through the air, against the enchanted ceiling, spinning towards the master it would not kill, who had come to take full possession of it at last. Harry caught it in his opened hand.

Everybody cast a glance towards Voldemort, his body limp and lifeless against the wall of the Great Hall. It seemed his killing curse backfired.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You fiddled with the beads that hung from a string around your neck. Your fingers rotating a single faded black bead, as you stood up at the mention of your name. You were at the funeral service for Fred Weasley. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were sitting in the front pew with their children, your friends, your parents a few pews back. Taking one last look at Fred’s peaceful features, you took a seat at the piano bench, pressing the keys gently.

"Can anybody tell me why
We're lying here on the floor
And neither of us can barely breathe at all
The doctors saying hold on tight
As we say our last goodbyes
And this is, a moment that
changes our whole lives
And I still believe in the good
And I still believe in the light
And I wanna feel the sun
I wanna free you tonight
And I still believe in the good
And I still believe in the light
And I wanna feel the sun
I wanna free you tonight" By this point, tears were silently falling from your eyes, as you belted out the lyrics. Images of the time spent with Fred flashing before your eyes.

"I'm staring deep into your eyes
They're telling me the time has come
And I know you're ready to rise and sail home
The room is filling up with light
As we say our last goodnight
I thank you for every second of your life
And I still believe in the good
And I still believe in the light
And I wanna feel the sun
I wanna free you tonight
And I still believe in the good
And I still believe in the light
And I wanna feel the sun
I wanna free you" You could feel your voice waver softly as you continued to sing, threatening to crack. You tried to hold yourself together long enough to finish singing the song you had wrote for Fred Weasley.

"And I'm falling,
Watching as you're hurting
I'm down here I'm on my knees
How can I survive?
And you turn to me and promise me you're ready
And tell me you'll be waiting on the other side
And I still believe in the good
And I still believe in the light
And I wanna feel the sun
I wanna free you tonight
And you showed me all the good
And you lead me through the light
And you gave me the sun
It's time to free you tonight" (Song, Into The Light by In This Moment) You stood from the bench quietly as you let go of the keys gently, letting the last few notes of the piano ring through the small church.

A few moments later, Fred’s brothers pulled out their wands, and hovered his casket over to his grave. Gently setting it in the dirt, many people stepped forward throwing roses onto the casket, saying their last goodbyes.

You took a step towards the closed casket, taking a deep breath, you bent down. Instead of placing a rose on his casket you placed a skiving snack box instead. You knew if Fred was here, he would have found it a right laugh. Smiling to yourself sadly, you stepped backwards into your parents arms. Your mother squeezed your shoulders, and let you go so you could say goodbye to the Weasley’s.

Molly and Arthur pulled you into a hug, Molly was crying freely, while Arthur tried to be strong for his wife.

Ron, Harry, Hermione, and Ginny all gave you a light hug biding you well.

Finally you arrived at George, he looked completely miserable.

You took a seat next to him, and rested your head on his shoulder. “Don’t worry Georgie…” although you still had tears falling from your eyes, you felt the need to cheer him up, “you’ll be alright eventually….” you pulled him into a hug, kissing his forehead lightly. “And don’t forget…” you whispered, pulling away, “we can talk whenever you want.” you rubbed the bead hanging from your necklace lightly. “If you ever need to talk, I don’t care what time it is, you can call on me…. Okay?” more tears fell from your eyes, landing on the back of your hand, as you stood once more.

George managed a small smile, although he was trying not to, tears were brimmed up in his eyes. “Bye Alice….” his voice was barely a whisper, and very hoarse, as if he hasn’t used it in days.

You smiled sadly at him, “I’ll be by in a few days to check up on you… You hear?” you said trying to sound a little threatening, but failing miserably.

George let out a forced laughed and nodded.

You walked back to your parents, burying your face in your dad’s shoulder, your parents hugged you, then disapparated.

As soon as you were home, you walked up to your room, and lay on your bed, letting the tears fall from your eyes freely. “Goodbye, Fred Weasley….” you whispered quietly.